IGNORED

New Aphex Twin advertising in London underground station

nickthefish

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, well done. 

To be honest, I can't really get too hyped right now, but I must admit, those are cool instances of the Aphex logo. 

Although, I must say, I think I preferred the simplicity and the illicitness of paying some guy to go around town and simply spray-paint the logo through a stencil. 

This shit is so dope.

Let’s avoid the typical patterns when an album drop is imminent. Let’s not talk about all the things we hope it will be. Or all the things we hope it won’t be. The more we do that, the more we work ourselves up into a flurry of expectations.

Let’s avoid judgement. Be in the moment. And take the album as it’s delivered to us with open ears and open minds.

This is Richard D. fucking James. The fucking King. He has earned an honest and open listen from us. I don’t want to spend so much time in my head about music that i haven’t heard yet, that i cloud my ability to truly hear it when it finally arrives.

Right, Alzado. That's part of why I just can't get hyped. I'm looking forward to it, but not expecting much. 

So Amoeba music is a record store? Is there a conection like with the tube station?

Lore is that Richard is actually amoebas, or another version of it is that his twin was an amoeba. #unconfirmed #maybetruetho

This shit is so dope.

Let’s avoid the typical patterns when an album drop is imminent. Let’s not talk about all the things we hope it will be. Or all the things we hope it won’t be. The more we do that, the more we work ourselves up into a flurry of expectations.

Let’s avoid judgement. Be in the moment. And take the album as it’s delivered to us with open ears and open minds.

This is Richard D. fucking James. The fucking King. He has earned an honest and open listen from us. I don’t want to spend so much time in my head about music that i haven’t heard yet, that i cloud my ability to truly hear it when it finally arrives.

vom

So Amoeba music is a record store? Is there a conection like with the tube station?

It's the only record store franchise left here in California. Very large and famous, the one here in SF used to be a bowling alley. They've been open for years https://www.amoeba.com/our-stores/

No connection to the London station. 

I'm going to toss one up somewhere.

This shit is so dope.

This. In fact, you should probably have this perspective when you experience pretty much any kind of art. Just take it in for what it is rather than what you think it should be.

Just imagine being able to caress his stubble *swoon* so dreamy, so creamy

This thread peaked when nobody knew whether we were talking about Daft Punk or Paul McCartney. I just listened to both albums and couldn't tell which was which.

It's the only record store franchise left here in California. Very large and famous, the one here in SF used to be a bowling alley. They've been open for years https://www.amoeba.com/our-stores/

No connection to the London station. 

Amoeba is cool. I've never been to the stores but they have some good deals online sometimes. I found a Brainwaltzera record there a couple years ago for cheaper than any other retailer, though that was mainly because of free shipping to the US. They also do a video series where they talk to people about what records they picked up in the store

Archived