IGNORED

Aphex Twin 2019 Live Dates

____-_-____

i'd rather stay 1 year in mexico then 1 week in the usa

Both places are incredibly diverse so not sure about a generalization either way. If we are talking rural middle America, then yes, I agree.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joyrex Wtf?

Uber is totally fine and safe.

Cityexpress is an ugly hotel chain that look and feel like hospitals. Although if you're just spending a night or two I guess it's fine.

I'd recommend spending the night (morning?) at Toluca after the event.

If you're staying for longer I'd try air bnb and go for staying at some hip neighborhood not too far from downtown.

From an american expat who lives in cdmx, Gordo definitely more correct than 'boss here. Uber is considered the safe / posh way to get around, and its certainly not some wild west. I imagine loads of people coming from usa will just take uber from cdmx to and from the festival.

Im still waiting to see if there is an official ceremonia shuttle between cdmx centro (typically, roma/condesa neighborhoods, which are the hip areas gordo mentions) and the festival grounds. Many other festivals do that. Transportation section of the official website still says "more information soon"

I was just in CDMX (on my way to SMA) earlier this year, and some friends (one of which is a Uber driver himself) told me and my wife this, and his friend who teaches English agreed.

Sure, the posh areas like Condesa I would assume are safe®, but right outside the international airport it is like day and night. You also need to realize that unless you know what you're doing, it can be easy to get lost/misled, especially if your command of the language is not strong. Living somewhere is a lot different than visiting.

I don't mean to strike fear into anyone, but keeping your wits about you is sensible.

This is the best advice for traveling anywhere. I mean, there are neighborhoods in Chicago where even the police don’t go. Do your research and use your brain and you should be fine.

Even though I live in California, there is no fucking way I would go to coachella. NYC or México would be fun, though. Has anyone from the USA gotten Mexico tix? I’m really hoping he squeezes in a couple more dates in the states while he is out here.

Well that's exciting, especially if it's near me...which seems likely enough.

Aphex Twin Brooklyn bodega basement set, gonna need to grab some soap and a banana on my way out.

please announce the show when i'm not at work

please don't let tickets instantly sell out . . .

the NY hipsters and bots will surely gobble up all of the tickets. one of the bigger problems we have here.

Fingers crossed for ya man!!! 

Why did the "04 11 19" on the posters @Hijexx posted change to "Avant Gardner" on the one posted by the Aphex Twin Twitter? Is that the venue?

Should we try to do a ticket giveaway?

Archived