IGNORED

Barker - Utility

On 5/6/2021 at 9:20 PM, auxien said:

been listening to Barker 001 since a few months ago after they put it up on Bandcamp, it's really good but this one is maybe better even. first track is lovely and second is like a hint of the future or something...third track tho, fucking rhythmic layering shit going on in this is masterful, seriously.

Reveal hidden contents

and those last little chords at the very end of the third track. fucking perfection.

y'all, Polytely is amazing. i really hope he explores some more sounds and vibes that dance in the spaces this track is hinting at. i know the term is stupid and gets thrown around in dumb ways usually but idk any other way to say it: it's next level. seems to be coming from a similar place as Debiasing/Utility but it's taking it past it in ways that are hard to understand only listening to it a couple times through now.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 3:33 PM, Extralife said:

Incredible release. Bent is particularly excellent.

It's reminiscent of what's on Barker & Baumecker ''Turns'', especially the second part of the opening track:

(this album comes highly recommended, and the previous one too)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Polytely is rad. Reminds me of another tune but can’t grasp what it is......

Barker 01 must of passed me by, listening to that now. First track Neuron Collider is spectacular! Very nice treat indeed.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

On 5/9/2021 at 3:26 PM, Jafs said:

It's reminiscent of what's on Barker & Baumecker ''Turns'', especially the second part of the opening track:

(this album comes highly recommended, and the previous one too)

Just relistened to this. Such an excellent track. And album.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, auxien said:

jk decent set, some pretty and groovy bits in places. bit cockteasey for my tastes tho. 

Yeah I agree with this 100%. Really lush and builds nicely but I did want it to spill over to the next level a bit. Sorta builds to nothing. Still would kill to listen to it live. Would be a great palate cleanser on a heavier night.

• Like 1

^yeah, that constant pre-build thing works occasionally but not for like 50 minutes straight. 

but agreed, if i was at a show and saw this live it’d be decent enough. i’m not hating on the set, it’s just not quite for me.

5 hours ago, Jafs said:

I don't think they forgot how it works since then.

this set tho…couldn’t get into any of it. felt a bit too haphazard, but i couldn’t listen to more than a few minutes of it straight. they got snares in there tho! :derp:

• Burger 1