IGNORED

Andy Stott - It Should Be Us

donquixote

4 minutes ago, markedone said:

at the end of the day it is what it is (ive also seen the phrase mini-album which makes even less sense when its full length) but the terminology might come from a double-pack, which is 2x12¨s of dance tunes that are released together.  this release is described as more dancefloor focused which explains the difference from an album

Ah, I see - you could be right about the double-pack thing, I'm not too savvy on physical formats (just started buying vinyl a couple years ago). I always thought the nomenclature was related to the length only, IE extended play, long play, and singles.

And yeah, mini-album for a full length release is silly. 

Image result for the more you know

Think its just that he considers this an ep rather than album proper kinda like Ae with ep7 and move of ten.. its not all about length...or so the wife tells me!? ?

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 9:19 PM, dr lopez said:

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in brass band, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on euphonium players, and I have over 300 confirmed longtones. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top baritone in the entire US army band. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of baritone players across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in baritone warmups, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Band and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

Excellent

• 10 months later...
14 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

Somehow I completely missed this release :facepalm:

So did I, now I want the bloody vinyl. I've not paid any attention to the last lot of Modern Love releases. 

This is sounding pretty good so far. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Not This Time is the dirtiest track he's ever written. it's very clearly a beat you can and should fuck to.

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

^Ja it's great, just dripping with that PassedMeBy/WeStayTogether used tractor oil sludge, which I think(?) is what he set out to do (and on the whole delivered on) with this album.

Haven't gotten to checking his latest yet, everything about points to more Mrs. Robinson jams for Banana Republic change rooms.  I know that many a watmmer can't get enough of it (understandable, it can be quite good) though apparently I can. 

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

This track is quickly becoming one of my favourite Stott's. The distorted steel-bongo thing that ascends in after a minute and stays at the forefront for the rest of it is absolutely mental.

Edited by dumplings
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...