IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

72A5BDB8-615E-4BC0-85FD-B4FC74BE180C.jpeg.f520a864ea904be02dd8c19bffb7a2d2.jpeg

oh and the markets (some of?) are plummeting  at opening so they’re shutting them down temporarily at least. 

Edited by auxien
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ignatius said:

Looks like super booth will get cancelled. Anything over 1000 people.

That's a shame, i know lots of people who look forward to it every year as exhibitors and consumers. It's been looking like a bad idea to proceed with it for a number of week however, regular illnesses spread like crazy at this kind of expo even in a good year...

On 3/7/2020 at 12:26 PM, ignatius said:

incompetent government does have some effect on these kinds of things. 

Most of the others happened under GW Bush, tho.

Anyway, something like half a dozen cases in my area so far. a bunch of people I know including me got the flu back in January so at least I know I've got that out of the way. Either that or it was actually undiagnosed Coronavirus, I can't speak for anyone else but my throat swelled up and made it slightly hard for me to breathe (I didn't feel at any risk but it did make inhaling a bit tough and I was audibly wheezing for more than a week, even after I felt mostly better otherwise) for the two days I was in bed with fever, and the person I caught it from brought it back from Italy last November and she took two full months to recover completely. So I guess you never know, I'm honestly only 75% joking about the possibility.

Edited by TubularCorporation

Has anyone glanced at the numbers for Italy so far? Seems pretty fucked up if you just look at the cases that have had an actual outcome. 724 recovered, 463 deaths... 

Edited by Gocab

First two deaths in Germany. A 89 year old woman and a 78 year old man with many pre-existing conditions like diabetes. My government seems to handle this relatively well so far, judging from the low death rate in my country and the way politicians for once listen to the experts. It seems that a functioning health care system generally is a good thing, too. If only more countries had one, not only would epidemics spread less quickly, it also would improve a lot of people's life quality. Time to support politicians that wanna realise that. Sorry SJW

• Like 4

4 hours ago, auxien said:

72A5BDB8-615E-4BC0-85FD-B4FC74BE180C.jpeg.f520a864ea904be02dd8c19bffb7a2d2.jpeg

oh and the markets (some of?) are plummeting  at opening so they’re shutting them down temporarily at least. 

ugh.  had to play symptoms bingo w/my recent cold. feeling better but had symptoms all over the chart. 

• Farnsworth 1

That symptoms comparison chart is useless, can't believe WHO signed off on publishing that.

Basically says, "Could be, never know!"

Edit: nvmd it just says sourced from WHO, not that it is from WHO

42 minutes ago, hijexx said:

That symptoms comparison chart is useless, can't believe WHO signed off on publishing that.

Basically says, "Could be, never know!"

Edit: nvmd it just says sourced from WHO, not that it is from WHO

better than nothing I thought, but yeah, should probably see a doctor if possible anyway ofc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1

^^^^ yeah, that's the irony, right? It's in the interest of these so-called corporate overlords to act proactive against the spread of this virus. It makes sense in terms of a simple business case to invest in free healthcare and paid leave. As opposed to the "FU, you will work till you drop dead or else youre out of a job" mentality. That doesn't make sense, even if you're one of the lizardpeople. 

The paper of the capitalism fanclub, the Financial Times says so as well.