IGNORED

Afx novation collab

dcsux

Specualtion points toward Bass station 3 or Peak getting that weird multitimbral "afx mode". Seems a bit like weak reasons for a hype stunt, but competition is fierce. Bad timing for anything as Sequiential just re-released the Prophet-5.

Edited by chim

I doubt it’ll be in the £3.5-£4K pro-5/10 competition bracket.

Hopefully it will come with some new tunes like when he did his stuff with Korg.

1 minute ago, dcsux said:

I doubt it’ll be in the £3.5-£4K pro-5/10 competition bracket.

Hopefully it will come with some new tunes like when he did his stuff with Korg.

I agree but it's the talk of gear nerd town, hopefully by the 20th the attention will have dwindled. Mine already did when the demos proved it's just another bright and brittle DSI in disguise, not anywhere as pleasant sounding as the old P-5's. 

4 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

Yes, could it be new music ?

Hopefully. I unno ?‍♂️ Lol

I guess I meant why is everyone assuming it would be a new piece of gear vs new tunes. Is it just the circuit board dealy?

2 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Hopefully. I unno ?‍♂️ Lol

I guess I meant why is everyone assuming it would be a new piece of gear vs new tunes. Is it just the circuit board dealy?

Novation are going to make an announcement on the 20th, it was on the Twitter post. .

Some people seem adamant that the bass station interface is discernible. The bottom middle really looks like it says "Novation AFX station" when you rotate it. 

76B12E54-1162-4A9F-BD18-1325ECE240DE.jpeg

Edited by chim
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, chim said:

Novation are going to make an announcement on the 20th, it was on the Twitter post. .

Some people seem adamant that the bass station interface is discernible. The bottom middle really looks like it says "Novation AFX station" when you rotate it. 

76B12E54-1162-4A9F-BD18-1325ECE240DE.jpeg

Ahh ok!! Yes I can see that now thx chim! Ok maybe it’s novation ep (instead of cheetah) though lol rather than a new piece of gear? Either way it’s kinda exciting.

there I fixt it u meanies 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

5 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

it’s kinda sell outish

Totally.

Synth artist does something synth related with a synth company.

He’s changed.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Ahh ok!! Yes I can see that now thx chim! Ok maybe it’s novation ep (instead of cheetah) though lol rather than a new piece of gear? Either way it’s kinda sell outish shit I don’t rlly care for. ?

maybe it's new gear AND a new ep made on said gear?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have no idea. Unless the gear is a piece of shit I'd say it's a fine way to make some cash.

• Like 1

ok i'm excited for the album that accompanies the hardware and hardware too

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

13 days away.........

I’ll buy one. Been wanting a BS2 but they actually seem to have gone UP in price. My uneducated guess is this’ll be mainly a BS2 with a few extra controls so you don’t have to do as much control diving to get the AFX mode stuff going.