IGNORED

Afx novation collab

dcsux

It's a product !!
Novation AFX Station..... holy shit!

More info on 20/10/20 according to Weirdcore's instagram post

Edited by demo

1 hour ago, Boris de Vries said:

This isnt what the announcment is. This is the Bass Station II AFX update. The product that will be shown off on the 20th ia called The AFX Station and I'm guessing is an entirely new product, unless it's just a reskinned Bass Station II, I would be very dissapointed if that was the case, that also wouldnt make sense with all the promo.

A hardware reveal is almost MORE exciting than a new album for me, a new instrument in my home always changes everything, it becomes personal, I really hope this AFX Station wows me.

9 minutes ago, demo said:

unless it's just a reskinned Bass Station II, I would be very dissapointed if that was the case, that also wouldnt make sense with all the promo.

I agree it's a lot of promo, but the evidence points towards it being a re-skinned BS2. Box art looks very similar to the Warp 30th anniversary BS2 from last year but with all black keys.

So unless it's got some pretty neat new bells and whistles, the hardware side may be a little underwhelming. But, if they plug the hardware release with an afx BS2 ep or something, that could be cool.

15 hours ago, demo said:

This isnt what the announcment is. This is the Bass Station II AFX update. The product that will be shown off on the 20th ia called The AFX Station and I'm guessing is an entirely new product, unless it's just a reskinned Bass Station II, I would be very dissapointed if that was the case, that also wouldnt make sense with all the promo.

Unfortunately Novation already did such a thing with the MoroderNova, a lackluster Mininova reskin with some patches sanctioned by Moroder. So far, microtuning and a multitimbral AFX mode are the only certain functional additions, the rest of the visible knobs and functions look virtually identical to the BS2. Here's hoping there's more to be revealed, otherwise it's going to look pretty stupid.

• Thanks 1

microtuning alone would be worth it

5 minutes ago, chronical said:

Paul, dude who made the AFX logo, said it might be the experimental drum machine rdj never got off the ground. I doubt it's a reskin of the BS2

a drum machine would be nice 

naw it's a revised Bass Station, unless there's more than one product. or it's a heavily revised Bass Station.

https://www.synthanatomy.com/2020/10/novation-aphex-twin-what-will-be-presented-on-october-20th.html 

Novation-Aphex-Twin-.001-1024x576.thumb.jpeg.d9bf840f00d30edcad5dfefedd2fdac3.jpeg

1 hour ago, diatoms said:

microtuning alone would be worth it

def has microtuning ?

Edited by auxien
  • Sad 1

Nice One, Thanks auxien:)

• Like 1

I  hope if it's a drum machine it has proper rhythm parameters. LFO on say, tempo/envelope changes in halves, thirds, fourths, 3/4, stuff like that. Even with something like an Elektron sequencer I sometimes feel like there could be more modulation to the general structure of sequencing

• Burger 1

I hope it's some sort of ginger autopilot that will generate tunes on my equipment.

2 hours ago, mngosx said:

OMG I NEED THE NEW EFFECTS TWIN SYNTH TO MAKE THE REAL SMART IDM wow i can finally be just like rdeejaaaayy ?

Jesus, dude..... People here make music on synths. They buy synths. This is a new synth that has features implemented because of Aphex Twin. Aphex Twin fans that make music will buy this synth if they want it and can afford it. Fucking chill out, lol

3 hours ago, ReVoodle said:

Jesus, dude..... People here make music on synths. They buy synths. This is a new synth that has features implemented because of Aphex Twin. Aphex Twin fans that make music will buy this synth if they want it and can afford it. Fucking chill out, lol

I never said anything negative about the synth itself - in fact, it's very good marketing on Novation's part. It's just going to be incredibly annoying to get your hands on this thing after release due to the parties involved alone, and that's not even considering production delays due to the pandemic. People are assholes 

Spoiler

or its a bass station ii with an afx logo on it 

47 minutes ago, mngosx said:

I never said anything negative about the synth itself - in fact, it's very good marketing on Novation's part. It's just going to be incredibly annoying to get your hands on this thing after release due to the parties involved alone, and that's not even considering production delays due to the pandemic. People are assholes 

Hide contents

or its a bass station ii with an afx logo on it 

Sorry. I get really annoyed when people do the whole "Buying a synth won't make you better" bullshit that people do. Yes it won't make you better, but tools are tools. I also don't think people should just buy it because there's an AFX logo on it, but hopefully someone that does will start making music for the first time. Buying only to collect is a disease all on it's own tho. 

• Like 1