IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

I thought Preacher was alright. I did have a few laughs, (Cassidy in particular). I'll stick with the show, but it sounds from critics reviews who have seen several episodes, Jesse is portrayed rather bland and not engaging. Not a good sign if your main character is vanilla.

Silicon Valley continues to kick ass.

Just started watching this, first two episodes were good stuff, thanks for the tip!

I thought Preacher was alright. I did have a few laughs, (Cassidy in particular). I'll stick with the show, but it sounds from critics reviews who have seen several episodes, Jesse is portrayed rather bland and not engaging. Not a good sign if your main character is vanilla.

yea... read that too... so they're supposedly staying in the village where they are now, being all homely & preachy instead of the entire town exploding? also not sure what to think of Tulip... I get that they'd want a strong female character, but she's a bit over the top comically badass maybe?

also not sure what to think of Tulip... I get that they'd want a strong female character, but she's a bit over the top comically badass maybe?

I think the showrunners wanted her to be more sadistic badassey if I'm not mistaken.

Preacher was quite good imo, and I hope they can keep it getting better. It really sucks that hey can have sex and cursing, as that's half the fun, but as a huge fan of the comic, I'm just really happy they didn't butcher it completely.

Guest sensible

Borgen - this should be boring as shit, but I can't stop watching.

Borgen is great and yeah, the premise sounded a little dry (even if you're interested in politics) but it was very well done. Sidse Babett Knudsen will be in Westworld, which should be out in autumn sometime.

bloodline season 2 - weak and disappointing

lady dynamite: watched the pilot and its a lot better than i hoped

downton abbey - around season 1 episode 5 and not sure about it. it gets better, right?

Guest bitroast

Star Trek Voyager (Season 4)

been watching voyager for a while now (((the first 3 seasons are puh-retty slow hey)))... but holy shit season 4 is like a whole new show. i guess it shouldn't be too much a surprise. TNG took ~3 years to get good. DS9 got considerably better after season 3 once worf got on board. only makes sense for Voyager to do the same. but still ... it's so much better now :^) :^) :^)

Veep continues to be great, probably my favorite show airing right now. It's like a better, funnier, more profane version of the workplace comedy popularized by The Office and Parks & Rec. This season has been gold.

Also, can't wait for new Bojack in July

Guest sensible

stacks of good continental European viewing on All-4, where to even begin

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/walter-presents

There's almost too much. I enjoyed Blue Eyes and have started Locked Up and Magnifica 70, both with promising starts.

Gomorrah, on Sky is superb. It's about halfway through season 2 at the moment and utterly brilliant.