IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Anyone watching Broadchuch?

I gave it a chance and ended up marathoning both seasons with the ol' ball-and-chain

And by the end we were both really angry in a way that has never happened before...

Season 2 finale...the town had a chance to redeem itself but instead they all selfishly sent a monster out into the world...unfortunately I think the writer's thought this was a moral victory for the town but it was exactly the fucking opposite.

Guest Morphy

I gave it a chance and ended up marathoning both seasons with the ol' ball-and-chain

And by the end we were both really angry in a way that has never happened before...

Season 2 finale...the town had a chance to redeem itself but instead they all selfishly sent a monster out into the world...unfortunately I think the writer's thought this was a moral victory for the town but it was exactly the fucking opposite.

Season 1 was ok but somewhere in the first or second ep of season 2 there was like long scenes of people walking up stairs and stuff. The cinematography felt way too meandering.

My partner is watching Quantico and this is honestly some of the worst shit I've ever seen.

Boris Johnson & Brexit futures peaking thru perhaps

i binged on the last 5 episodes of bloodline last night, good in parts, but some v bad acting at times too, especially that scene towards the end between john and his wife (wtf was he doing with his face?!?), also his wife seemed to forget her american accent half way through the series (I didn't realise she was australian until then).

Guest Morphy

The Night Of makes no sense. The actress sucked but most everyone else was really good. The lead detective did some of the best detective acting I've ever seen. In that situation I probably would of told him everything, which would have looked great to the jury. This one would of been a rage watch but looking on imdb it looks like it becomes a prison drama which is a fun genre.

Watched both seasons of Fargo, liked it but a few questions linger:

Season 1 - what was Malvo's plan to duct tape the personal trainer to a shotgun and call the police there with gunshots, I take it he was causing a diversion but for what purpose, to ensure the roads were clear so he could escape town? He also seemed to give up pretty easily on getting his $1 million in blackmail money, I know he was ambushed by the two hit men, but he had no idea what went on with the Grocery King and his religious revelation.

Season 2 - what exactly were the authorities going to charge Peggy with after her capture? She hit and run a member of a crime family who had just murdered 3 people including a state judge. I find it hard to believe another judge would throw the book at her after losing one of their own violently like that. Otherwise, it was all self defense, she crushed that one guy's head in the basement with a sink basin, but he was armed and trying to kill her. Justifiable.

And the UFO. I'm interpreting that as the creators of the show saying there are multiple higher powers out there, religious and alien beyond our understanding.

Looking forward to Season 3, I'm guessing they'll go with the 90s to fill in the timeline? Maybe we could even see Frances McDormand, as her character would probly not have retired by then, maybe. Or if it gets a 4th season, do a recent storyline set in this decade.

Season 1 - If memory recalls, I thought he was just trying to pin everything on that guy & have him get conveniently killed by cops. (still my least favorite episode of season 1. contrived)

Season 2 - Still a hit-n-run and the guy wasn't dead. He was killed in their garage, so murder. Peggy didn't know what he just did. Cops didn't necessarily know any of that either. We did as viewers. We just got to see the puzzle come together.

The UFO was a call back to "the man who wasn't there", pretty much what you stated i guess.

started watching seinfeld from the beginning as i've only seen a few of the more infamous episodes here and there over the years (frogger, soup nazi, faking it, etc.). some really funny stuff in there and holy hell i have a huge crush on elaine

the night of pilot was really good, it's a very familiar story but the atmosphere and the contemplative pacing that allow a heightened attention to details really makes it very engaging and tense. main guy's acting was very good and believable.

ep 5 of Preacher was better than 4. still a lot of preachy preachin', but it's having good moments that make up for it. the Saint of Killers bits are pretty nice, love the soundtrack / camera in these

lol the soundtrack in those bits is so over the top and terribly loud, bugs me every time

but yes ep 5 was better than 4, I still have hope for that show

it feels a little off to me, not comfortable in it's own skin or something, hasn't nailed down an identity (it certainly isn't trying to recreate the comic's). definitely good in parts though, hopefully will get better.

I didn't like s02 when I first watched the show. Loved it when I watched the whole serie again (and again (and again)).

"Does he still have his head? Does he stil have his hands? Then it wasn't us! ... Fucking idiots"

love sergei lol. one thing i like about season 2 is that the detectives are chasing something international as opposed to only local

if i had to rank the seasons: 43215

Edited by jellyrajah