IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Better Call Saul finds its groove in the latter half of the 1st season, imo. Just don't expect the intensity and insanely high stakes of Breaking Bad (Coming from a huge BB fan). BCS is more subtle, slow, maybe more human.

gutted Tec, Stew is usually on point, missed these for various reasons

maybe that fat bbc pay check curbed his bile

It's either self-sabotage or not to my tastes, but it definitely treads familiar ground.

He has one last shot, last show of the series tonight. In half an hour on BBC2, one last throw of the dice. It'll be more of the same. I've found him funny occasionally this series but it really has been a bit boring, self referential and self congratulatory. He can do better than his.

One last show to save his reputation and it's about taking the piss out of urinals according to the Metro. Lets see how this pans out.

^I've not seen the last episode yet but I was going to ask again if any other watmmer's had seen the series and if it was only me thinking it wasn't up to much, kinda glad I'm not. That poppadom eating bit was one of the most tedious things I've ever seen, like something from bloody Family Guy.

Edited by tec

downloading (dunno how i missed it before).

balls deep into season 1 now. my god, al swearengen is a fucking masterpiece.

yeah ian mcshane fucking rules

on the other hand there are borderline unwatchable over the ropc characters/actors such as jane, doc, and bollucks too isn't good. and in general there's a lot of overacting in this despite very good writing/dialogue in general.

Looking forward to the return of Penny Dreadful, Dr Jekyll appears this season, and it looks like they are hinting Vlad Dracul is pulling the strings behind the scenes, maybe he is Lucifer's top lieutenant?

I'm watching the American one

The vibe/mood is like nothing I've seen in TV before

Come on over to Les Revenants, mayne, the American version's been cancelled.

good lord, the 1080p HEVC (x265) encodes of the Wire remastered episodes are gloriously crisp. goodbye x264.

edit: and fucking small

Edited by usagi

good lord, the 1080p HEVC (x265) encodes of the Wire remastered episodes are gloriously crisp. goodbye x264.

is there much stuff being put out there in this format? all I'm seeing is x264 still.

The Last Panthers - 1st episode I guess. It aired last night on Sundance. Seemed alright, had some quality to it. I think this show has aired overseas already. Anyone across the pond have any thoughts as to continue watching this show? as in, worth the time that is...

Edited by olo

O shit I didn't even know these existed.

Just finished 11.22.63 - very condensed (when compared to the book), but still a very well-made and enjoyable mini series.

I thought it was extremely anti-climatic. It doesn't really go out with a bang or anything. It just sorta... happened. I was expecting a big twist or at least something that's not part of the story we already know.

As the show was nearing the end I imagined the story being this old man that sits down in front me without saying anything. Then he just stares at me until he falls over and dies.

And again, James Franco... there's something about him. His smile is extremely sleazy.

is there much stuff being put out there in this format? all I'm seeing is x264 still.

yeah, it's getting out there. HEVC is still pretty new but so far I've found True Detective, The Wire remastered, and The X-Files remastered in HEVC.

u use vlc to play them?

yep.

O shit I didn't even know these existed.

try it, mayne. the compression seems to be so much better, smaller filesizes for better quality.

Edited by usagi

Psychobitches - funny as fuck satire of various famous womens from over the ages in mock therapy sessions letting rip. Saw the 1st episode a while ago & the rest more than live up to their starry equivalents. Theres a second series too, just hope its as good.