IGNORED

RIP Salvatorin

hello spiral

Thank you @dr lopezfor doing the best possible representation I could imagine in a case like this. "Old guys discussing weird music from the 90s" is not only the best "executive summary" for the normcore out there but should also probably be the official site description. 

I'm really glad we all got to grow up together on this site. Because the idea of people bonding in a text and meme fashion online is still a novel thing, it's not obvious how to do other human things with it like grieve. I'm glad Salv's outernet got to hear that we really loved him.

• Like 9

761554685_ifeelliketheresabaobabgrowingoutofmyhead.thumb.jpg.77ed492fb8dfea180892b1efabb41fb8.jpg

840755883_ifeelliketheresabaobabgrowingoutofmyhead.jpg.ccddecc97b3c55fd9d6346080929b9db.jpg

Love You Baobab Salv:)

I really enjoyed the celebration of life for Salvatorin on zoom and this Awesome vid of memories & music:) Makes me cry every time I watch it.

"This reminds me of the carefree times. Times I’ve tried to recreate many times as I’ve gotten older but never truly felt again. When summers were long and time never seemed to run out. When you didn’t need a plan, a schedule, an event, to have fun. All you needed was your friends and the woods." -Kengo Nagaoka

• Like 8

still not used to the idea that he's not here.

when I think of Salv, I think of the opening melody of 444, floating eternally. that is the sound of Salv to me.

edit: also I may have finally become a Neil Young fan after hearing that rendition

Edited by usagi
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck. He was one of the first WATMMers I remember seeing around a lot and who made this such an inviting/fun place when I was new here. He seemed like a solid guy and it seems he was a very well rounded sorta feller, a real polymath, not just the likeable eccentric. May his memory bless all those touched by his presence in their lives.

• Like 10

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2021 at 9:45 AM, Dale said:

That's a beautiful track from him.

RIP Salvatorin

This song has been bouncing around in my mind since his passing, floating to the surface every now and then, finding myself humming it and feeling kind of blue, but also happy that this dude existed and made such a lovely tune. I'm sure it'll stay with me for the rest of my life. So, thank you Salvatorin.

• Like 6

On 4/26/2021 at 6:47 AM, Silent Member said:

This song has been bouncing around in my mind since his passing, floating to the surface every now and then, finding myself humming it and feeling kind of blue, but also happy that this dude existed and made such a lovely tune. I'm sure it'll stay with me for the rest of my life. So, thank you Salvatorin.

yup. lovelovelove

56 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

is anyone making the double cassette release of his music?

I mean, he can't sue you.

Spoiler

bad taste? sorry

not what i meant. there was talk of putting out a collection of his music on some cassettes but that seems to have died down which is sad because i think it would be a great thing to do

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

a domain was bought in his name and there is a tribute in the works (most likely including a release of some kind), I think it's just slow at the moment. others itt can comment with more detail than I have.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, dr lopez said:

not what i meant. there was talk of putting out a collection of his music on some cassettes but that seems to have died down which is sad because i think it would be a great thing to do

yeah everything is ready to go except for an intro that Fred has been writing for the zine (it will be 2xMC + zine) He’s told me he’s nearly done. 

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...