IGNORED

RIP Salvatorin

hello spiral

10 hours ago, Braintree said:

Fucking hell ?

RIP. He was definitely one of the more entertaining and consistent watmmers. Seemed like he would be a blast to hang out with.

Yeah, I remember thinking the same thing a while back. Looked like he got back on track after a while though.

He was a blast to hang out with! I met him several years ago when he came to Austin for southby. My favourite memory of those few days was going to a thrift store where we found a jacket with a large 'IDM' logo on the chest (some random company's logo) so naturally Phil had to model it while I took some photos with his phone… I'd love to see those pictures again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

RIP Terminator Salvatorin, one of watmms finest

Would post Billy Joel's "only the good die young" except it's one of his more terrible songs and about trying to bed a catholic schoolgirl.  I think Sal would've wanted in that way

Never got to know him super well, but I remember being struck by his posts when I first joined WATMM. He stood out as someone who really seemed to get music, who approached it in a far more adventurous way than the average person. He also would send me messages from time to time to ask me about my music or things I had posted, which is the kind of genuine human interaction that's all too rare online (or irl for that matter). looking over my inbox now, i see that we actually had multiple lengthly private conversations over the last decade, swapping stories about music making, travels, life in general.

RIP Salv

• Like 4

damn, sad news indeed. although I didn't interact with him much, I can remember he was pretty wild on this site back in the day. he definitely had a unique take on things.

• Like 2

I am very upset and have been since I found out last night. Extremely sad thing to read. Phil was an extraordinarily unique person and a kind soul. I remember when I joined watmm I was 16 and there weren't many other posters my age. Salvy was a year younger than me and was already online and posting away - back then his av was that smiling alaskan woman- i'm sure some of you remember. He had a baobab tree growing out of his head with its leaves extending to the heavens. Phil really loved idm and all types of music and was an accomplished singer, bassist and piano player as well. We had a lot of fun hanging out at the Aphex show in New York in 2019, I'm glad I got to meet him and chat irl. It's a wonderful moment when you meet someone you've been talking to for 10+ years and they are *exactly* how you imagined and conversation flows freely. I will miss him terribly. I know we all will.

rest in peace man, i love you

Salv_DJ_Card.png

Edited by dr lopez
  • Like 27

50 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

Salvy was a year younger than me and was already online and posting away - back then his av was that smiling alaskan woman- i'm sure some of you remember

damn just you mentioning that avy unlocked some deeply buried, if unrelated memories..

• Like 1

Totally shit news. Never interacted with him much, but his presence was always cheerful and joyous on the boards. A larger than life individual.

RIP IDM brother.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, markedone said:

damn just you mentioning that avy unlocked some deeply buried, if unrelated memories..

same here

devastating news. strength to all relatives and friends ?️

Such sad news. He truly was the rarest of dudes, a real cosmic being. May your atoms blaze across the universe fast & hard, forever and ever.

NjOSVy8.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, markedone said:

That avatar was a fixture on the board for so long. I remember at some point many users wondered if Salv was in fact, an Alaskan woman.

• Like 3