IGNORED

Music on WATMM sometimes feels like a never ending circlejerk

o00o

Is it just me or does music on watmm feel like a never ending circlejerk where you have a couple of artists that are a bit past their prime time and visiting their subforums feel like waiting in front of a public restroom for someone to finish (aphex really gives me this feeling a lot) while on the other hand you have artists that have been suggested first on lastfm then Spotify for decades when listening to warp artists that get posted here as well. So as this is interesting it rarely offers something new to the table. The only new bands that got a hype here recently are basically aphex / boc coverbands that fill the void with their interpretation of the well known. 

At the same time there is a very vibrant and innovative Bandcamp scene that nobody here seems to notice. 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 2
  • Burger 2
  • Big Brain 1

54 minutes ago, Berk said:

are there any otehr artists then afx?

Yeah, there's lots! There is Aphex Twin, Polygon Window, The Tuss, Expert Knob Twiddler, the list goes on! 

Like, the list literally goes on for like a couple more.

Edited by ArtificialDisco
Thought of something funny
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Burger 1

46 minutes ago, dcom said:

Start posting to New & Upcoming Releases. I'd like to see what you're talking about.

that subforum was much more active with interesting varied stuff before the forum started losing people who don't just listen to corny IDM cliches all day. I don't post about shit I find in there anymore because there's no point, there's only so many dead-end threads you can start before you give up.

• Like 1

Why do you dislike circle jerking? Isn't it fun?

You could also try cookie jerking, which is a game were a bunch of men stand in a circle around a cookie that's on a little table in the middle of that circle. They now jerk off and try to hit the cookie with their cum and the one that cums the furthest away from the cookie has to eat it.

Have tons of fun.

Edited by Psychotronic
  • Big Brain 1

All this talk about varied stuff etc is often leads to some super-cheesy acoustic drab like rock & jazz & 80s synth rehash or something similarly decrepit. The truth is music history (and arguably culture at large) has stopped some time around the millenium turn, being masked as "genre-blending", post-meta-deconstructed-assfuck lingo.

New & upcoming releases is alright, there's enough non-subforum artists alikes there, fooking start to check it and participate

• Big Brain 1