IGNORED

Four Tet - Three

New album releasing march 15th.

https://bleep.com/release/442597-four-tet-three

Returning from London festival headlining spots last summer and off the back of new ones with friends just shared coming up in New York, Kieran Hebden drops the news we've all been waiting for, perhaps the most anticipated of his career: the new Four Tet album, Three set for release 15 March.

Written and produced by Kieran Hebden.

Photography by Jason Evans.

Design by Jason Evans and Matthew Cooper.

Track List

Loved 4:03

Gliding Through Everything 4:08

Storm Crystals 6:40

Daydream Repeat 6:09

Skater 4:16

31 Bloom 5:52

So Blue 5:30

Three Drums 8:16

• Like 7

He has always been very hit and miss for me. Loved is a good track and I def enjoyed Three Drums but that was released almost a year ago. Album releases these days are fatiguing. 

Always listen to new Four Tet. Agree he is hit and miss and sometimes a bit too middle of the road, but he does know how to put a tune together. March is a good time to him to release as his music definitely has a Springtime vibe going on. Looking forward to this.

17 minutes ago, species8472 said:

most anticipated of his career? lol

I think they're saying that because he's been hanging out with two more popular musicians (Fred Again and Skrillex) so he gained a bunch of new zoomer fans.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DavieAddison said:

I think they're saying that because he's been hanging out with two more popular musicians (Fred Again and Skrillex) so he gained a bunch of new zoomer fans.

Hopefully they put a rocket up his ass (ha thats not a sexual reference!) and kicked him into gear a bit. Four Tet can play it very safe. Having said that Fred Again ain't exacty Death Grips is he. I have no idea what Skrillex is up to nowadays. Not that I ever did.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, species8472 said:

those tracks are pretty thin. honestly sounds like daydream repeat was written in 5 minutes. most anticipated of his career? lol

skimmed those tracks and they sound like music for an off brand VR headset advertisement

Sure there is probably some good stuff on the album, though. I still listen to his Morning/Evening album, some beautiful music and nice drum programming on there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, decibal cooper said:

skimmed those tracks and they sound like music for an off brand VR headset advertisement

Sure there is probably some good stuff on the album, though. I still listen to his Morning/Evening album, some beautiful music and nice drum programming on there.

Morning/Evening is a classic (imo)

• Like 2

I enjoyed Three Drums but I never returned to the track. I do really like Loved and imo this new track is great as well! I've always loved KH's clubbier shit so this hits the spot. I'm excited for the new album but im a little dissapointed by the fact that there are only 8 tracks, 3 of which have already been released.

Everyone always has the same complaints when it comes to Four Tet around here. His music has always been like this so the changes arent recent at all. Everyone should enjoy some accessible beauty every once in a while.

Edited by thumbass
  • Like 4

Personally, I am very excited for Three and how Hebden's music has taken so many turns. I don't disparage him for working with the likes of Skrillex and Fred again though it came as a big surprise. But the range of vibes and sounds that exist within his career is quite something to be celebrated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, splesh said:

Personally, I am very excited for Three and how Hebden's music has taken so many turns. I don't disparage him for working with the likes of Skrillex and Fred again though it came as a big surprise. But the range of vibes and sounds that exist within his career is quite something to be celebrated.

I know right! Let the man work and have fun with the "youngsters". I am happy that he's seeing so much success after being in the game for this long. And the track he made with them, baby again... is fucking great btw

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Got a long weekend off and listening to this is my first job after breakfast. Was supposed to be going fishing but that's cancelled. So it's beer, music and not much else. No beer for breakfast but definitely lunch, dinner and supper 😜

C'mon Conehead give me the beats!!

• Like 1

Loving the serene feeling of this album. Most of the tracks have nearly the same slow tempo and drums, which makes it sound cohesive. Loving Skater, 31 Bloom and Daydream Repeatand Loved especially at the moment.

• Like 2

honestly i think this is my favorite Four Tet album on first listen :music:

though, 16O aside, i heard all of his albums for the first time this month so take it with a grain of salt but yeah idk there is not a single bad moment here

• Like 1

Played There Is Love In You yesterday. Still a great album. I think that's my favourite. Gonna play this soon. Not usually that excited about Four Tet albums, maybe just because I'm in a good mood and not at work.

• Like 2

Yep folks it's a Four Tet album. Very nice though, certainly seems like one of his better albums. Would be good on a late summers evening with a few beers (or a puff). 

Sometimes though I really wanted all Hell to break loose and some Psycho Kraken Beast Man to roar out like a raging thunderstorm

C'MON YOU CUUUNTS LETS HAVE SOME FOUR TET ACIIIIID!!!!

That would be more fun. But that's never gonna happen. Is it Mr Hebden. 

Edited by beerwolf

Loving this after a couple listens, I actually appreciate the low key vibe, great to wind down and decompress to. His mixes and live sets are always there for the higher energy dance tunes if I need to change gears.

• Like 3