IGNORED

Four Tet - Three

Yes this is true Mr Friendly Stranger. I was listening to his remix of Bicep - Opal the other day. Cool track.

Edited by beerwolf

11 hours ago, thumbass said:

This is out guys

It sounds kinda rock-ish?

Agree that Skater has a 80's AOR vibe. Kinda cool track.

• Like 1

It´s formulaic Four Tet. Personally I would like a more edgy and less "background-music" album, but it´s a pleasant listen. Fav track: 31 bloom.

sufficiently four tet. really uninspired and at times sounds like a garage band demo. will never listen again.

31 bloom best track but only cause it sounds like moth. 

• Like 1

Excellent work here. Pretty much all killer, no filler. Don't think there's a naff track on it. If there is, I'm yet to find it. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, species8472 said:

i appear to be alone in my not finding this album to be very good

i couldn't get through a single track. legit bad imo

How does this guy have more monthly listeners on Spotify than Aphex Twin?

I used to not be a fan of four tet, never understood the hype, I softened up as I grew older, especially in the last 4-5 years. Starting to appreciate his approach to music. It's a very predictable sound, but a solid one that I have learned to enjoy. been trying to learn how to make music in this style, because my wife likes it, but it's harder than I thought it would be. This album, overall I like, I do think it's pretty decent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, acid1 said:

As well as having accessible music, he's been working a lot with Skrillex and Fred Again recently + has performed at countless festivals in the last decades he is a lot more well known than I thought too.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, milkface said:

As well as having accessible music, he's been working a lot with Skrillex and Fred Again recently + has performed at countless festivals in the last decades he is a lot more well known than I thought too.

Yeah three out of his top five tracks on Spotify are Skrillex collaborations.

• Like 1

To acid1. I've been listening to him since Pause in 2001. He use to get quite decent reviews in the NME (they called it Folktronica as music papers loved to label stuff back in the day) and I went on a whim and bought the album. I think he's always had big crossover appeal. I know a lot of indie fans listen to him, whereas I think Aphex is probably way too leftfield for your average indie pop/rock fan. Since then he's consistently put out decent music and to be honest easily deserves his 4.2 million Spotify listeners. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 3

If you don't know this is a great track from his band Fridge before he went solo. When he was a teenager.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, acid1 said:

It’s a different sport. Fourtet is easy listing for cleaning or background music. It’s fine for what it is. It’s like taking a break from music while listening to music. It’s just not to be overthought and I find this album just easy to have on while I think about what to put on. 

Four Tet reminds me of beautiful, start of spring weather. One should be able to enjoy "simple" music. FT combines lush, natural sounding instruments with (sometimes even banging) house or garage beats. I like the predictability because there is still no other artist out there that can truly copy Kieran. 

The 4M listeners on Spotify are well deserved! It looks like he's living his best life, and rarely does someone rise in popularity like he has this late into a career. If I'm being honest I understand that he's more popular than afx

Pause, TILIY, Beautiful Rewind, Pink, New Energy, 16O and this new one are all classics that I return to with fondness

• Like 2

I still really like Dialogue but never see it mentioned much. Free jazz sampling Four Tet is still my preferred style.

Went to see him play in a basement in Shoreditch just after it came out, crazy that he's now headlining Coachella etc.

Obligatory 'I liked him before it was cool'.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, thumbass said:

The 4M listeners on Spotify are well deserved! It looks like he's living his best life, and rarely does someone rise in popularity like he has this late into a career. If I'm being honest I understand that he's more popular than afx

Absolutely! He seems like such a nice guy too, a mate of mine bumped into him in London a few months back and said he was nice and was more than happy to get a picture with my mate.

Also hahaha

• Like 2

Although I enjoy a good deal of the newer Four Tet out there, this has failed to grab me yetsofar.