IGNORED

Plaid - Scintilli

Guest maus

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the new release forum... so people who don't visit the Plaid forum every day will be informed. Since the album just got an official announcement and release date, I didn't think this would be a problem...

Guest sirch

Why isn't the die-cut thing available for vinyl too? Shame

do you mean the Muda na Mono, "pointless object", thingy?

if so, why would you want to have your new Plaid vinyl out on your shelf/desk/wherever like that and gathering dust? :huh:

I'm hopeful but that 35 Summers track sounded like it was going to go somewhere, and then just didn't. All I'm asking for is to just not be handed another Greedy Baby. I feel like I'm always playing Piers Morgan here but seriously if it's shit I'm going to say so.

if so, why would you want to have your new Plaid vinyl out on your shelf/desk/wherever like that and gathering dust? :huh:

But... but... there has been people on the moon... we have real life-like graphics... but we can't have muda na monos for vinyl without gathering dust? This is 2011!

:nyan:Technology! :nyan:

Guest sirch

I'm hopeful but that 35 Summers track sounded like it was going to go somewhere, and then just didn't. All I'm asking for is to just not be handed another Greedy Baby. I feel like I'm always playing Piers Morgan here but seriously if it's shit I'm going to say so.

i dunno why you wouldn't say anything is shit if you thought it was shit?

you should give honest opinions all of the time! but if you haven't been doing so here before, then yeah you better start somewhere! more power to you bro.

Guest sirch

But... but... there has been people on the moon... we have real life-like graphics... but we can't have muda na monos for vinyl without gathering dust? This is 2011!

:nyan:Technology! :nyan:

lol, i dunno. i just think it would look a bit silly, meself... plus the rekkid would get all fluffy. that's my opinion. :)

I'm hopeful but that 35 Summers track sounded like it was going to go somewhere, and then just didn't. All I'm asking for is to just not be handed another Greedy Baby.

I agree 35 Summers didn't really go anywhere. Granted, I've only played it once. And Greedy Baby has some wonderful stuff on it, though I found it a bit boring when it first came out too. Plaid flourishes.

3 years after they announced it....wonder what happened to some of the other sesions, this coulda been a double cd, but not sure it would work unless disc 2 was all the more ambient stuff.

rejoice!

now where the hell are these guys?? -> :boc:

Guest sirch

I'm hopeful but that 35 Summers track sounded like it was going to go somewhere, and then just didn't. All I'm asking for is to just not be handed another Greedy Baby.

I agree 35 Summers didn't really go anywhere. Granted, I've only played it once. And Greedy Baby has some wonderful stuff on it, though I found it a bit boring when it first came out too. Plaid flourishes.

35 Summers was like something from one of their soundtracks, i thought. and it looked to me like it was writted around/for the video. i don't think this is gonna be an album of bangin' IDM-techno tracks! i think their now honed soundtrack sensibilites and capabilites are gonna be all over this new Warp album.

personally i hope the album is a bit more like a sort of journey through their sound and style now (like Not for Three's was quite an epic journey through their sound back in 1997) rather than just another album of some more 'cool' IDM-techno tracks.

I saw them this year in London, and didn't recognise a lot of stuff they played. It was anything but soundtrack-like... got pretty intensely beat-driven at times, hopefully what I was hearing was the content of Scintilli!

you should give honest opinions all of the time! but if you haven't been doing so here before, then yeah you better start somewhere! more power to you bro.

No it's more like if something is shit, I just try to hold back and not say anything about it, which is why you don't hear much from me bro.

Guest sirch

No it's more like if something is shit, I just try to hold back and not say anything about it, which is why you don't hear much from me bro.

what cos you think everything's shit? lol. i don't see you saying you like much, either, dude!

Guest sirch

Judging by Plaid's unreleased material at the recent gigs in the past couple of years, I think this album could possibly be their best if they incorporated some of these unreleased gems into the release, fully polished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bCQggCXWyk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUSqe8pwTKs

there's only 13 tracks isn't there?, and Tender Hooks and 35 Summers are 2 of them...

doesn't look to be any of their trademark 'bolt's' or 'tak's' on this one, which is a shame. i like them ones.

Something tells me those won't appear, maybe because they're pretty old, or because they seem to keep so much stuff back for live shows and the like. If the first one appears (Trail or whatever it's really called) though, I will die of spontaneous over-ejaculation. If even a fraction crops up from their live set in Norwich last year, then I may need never buy another single record ever again.

Guest sirch

Something tells me those won't appear, maybe because they're pretty old, or because they seem to keep so much stuff back for live shows and the like. If the first one appears (Trail or whatever it's really called) though, I will die of spontaneous over-ejaculation. If even a fraction crops up from their live set in Norwich last year, then I may need never buy another single record ever again.

yeah same here man. i've a feeling they won't be, too :(

but that doesn't mean they won't put out an EP at some point aswell, which might include some of that stuff. who knows.

hope so tho! we're (long over)due a new P-Brane!! :D

that was their last EP, wasn't it? almost 10 years ago now. phew, how time flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Archrival

"Worldwide tour"

What, is Australia not part of the world anymore?

Lovely artwork though.

Plaid Live In Australia

Sydney Opera House

21/08/2011

with FourPlay and Synergy

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA

Archived