IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

Picked up the ICO & SotC Collection. played about 20 mins of ICO. They did a pretty good job of making this HD. The textures look a lot better than the PS2 version. Can't wait to finish ICO and start a game of SotC.

Also playing the BF3 beta.

my brother just sold his ps3. god I hope this isn't one of those "buy a console just for one game" scenarios :wtf:

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 360 slim is getting this wack ass E82 error every time I turn it on, and haven't sent it in yet, so that's off limits. I just finished Flow last week, which was awesome. The sixaxis controls work surprisingly well. Going to pick up the Ico/SotC pack tomorrow or start Arkham Asylum again.

You should subject your friend to the first Fatal Frame. It may very well kill him. By far the scariest game I have every played.

I'm planning an Amnesia Let's Play with him & friends. Just need a PC that can run it and wireless mouse and keyboard ...

Gears Of War 3 ZZZzzzZZZzzz

Very very boring game. Shit story and voice acting as usual. I enjoyed the two first games for the gameplay, but man this is boring. Nothing new in game, same old shit. Why couldn't I just have waited till it was cheaper. sigh.

Gears Of War 3 ZZZzzzZZZzzz

Very very boring game. Shit story and voice acting as usual. I enjoyed the two first games for the gameplay, but man this is boring. Nothing new in game, same old shit. Why couldn't I just have waited till it was cheaper. sigh.

I've been told that if you've played the first two games you'll want to play the 3rd one on the hardest difficulty. Maybe that'll make it a bit more enjoyable.

GoW3 was a good game, and yes it was too easy. I remember I was racing a friend at beating it, and I got it done in about 6 hours. Also involved too much back tracking so it never really felt like I went that far.

I think its appeal initially was because it looked awesome.

been playing rage for the past 2 hours, it's the most beautiful ugly game i've ever played. up close most of the textures looks like shit, but from a distance everything looks amazing. it seems like a really fun mindless shooter though so i don't care much about that.

I just bought Crysis on PSN. Will download it tonight and play it tomorrow. Can't wait, cause I never ended up getting very far on it on PC.

Rage looks like it'll be pretty good. It got some nice reviews too. I'll probably end up getting it eventually. But for now, it's still ICO - SotC - Crysis - then Batman: Arkham City - then Battlefield 3 - Then Uncharted 3 - then MGS HD Collection - then Skyrim (which I'll end up playing for a long long time I'm sure) - then AC: Revelations. Good grief there is a nice stretch of games coming out this fall. I'll definitely make it past my goal of 2000 trophies by the end of the year.

been playing rage for the past 2 hours, it's the most beautiful ugly game i've ever played. up close most of the textures looks like shit, but from a distance everything looks amazing. it seems like a really fun mindless shooter though so i don't care much about that.

wat. that's not what I was expecting given all the hot air about id Tech 5

I fucking said so! I remember when Rage was posted on here at some point I thought the graphics looked like shit close up and I got shit for it. I thought my eyes were broken or maybe I was suffering from some sort of uncanny valley that it was apparently so good and I thought it was ugly.

I've never liked the idTech graphics anyway, something about them has never worked for me.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Rage is pretty fun, feels just polished, big budget enough that the relatively simple and not exactly ground breaking gameplay/story seems pretty enjoyable. The detail and the non-repeating nature of the terrain in Rage is really impressive. Gears of War (BTW, all of the GOW campaigns are nothing compared to the entertainment of GOW3's new polished MP and Horde 2.0 on insane with 5 boss friends) and Rage are one of very few games on consoles that I'm not completely annoyed with the low detail textures and simple polygons. I was gonna download Rage on PC but it's 22 gigs and after reading the reviews, it appears it's the first big budget game like this that doesn't look big time dramatically better on a high end PC compared to consoles. So far I'm not disappointed that I spent my free game rental on Rage at all.

Heavy Rain

when i started playing the demo, i thought "wtf is this shit", but 15 minutes later i wanted to buy it

i don't regret it

You will do.

Guest AcrossCanyons

rage looks fun but I was really hoping it would be more open. the stream i watched last night and from what i've read it seems extremely linear. doesn't mean it won't be great but i always pictured it very open. at least borderlands level open.

Rage is pretty fun, feels just polished, big budget enough that the relatively simple and not exactly ground breaking gameplay/story seems pretty enjoyable. The detail and the non-repeating nature of the terrain in Rage is really impressive. Gears of War (BTW, all of the GOW campaigns are nothing compared to the entertainment of GOW3's new polished MP and Horde 2.0 on insane with 5 boss friends) and Rage are one of very few games on consoles that I'm not completely annoyed with the low detail textures and simple polygons. I was gonna download Rage on PC but it's 22 gigs and after reading the reviews, it appears it's the first big budget game like this that doesn't look big time dramatically better on a high end PC compared to consoles. So far I'm not disappointed that I spent my free game rental on Rage at all.

So, just curious, did you do an install for Rage? Reviews I've read have said that it's a "must" to prevent pop-in/texture loading/long ass loading times. . . also heard conflicting info on whether you have to install ALL three discs or if you can swap out/just install one at a time. If it's the former, I may have to pass altogether as my piddly 20 gig hard drive can't even handle the 22 gig full-on install.

Also - between Gears and this - are either a "buy?" Three years ago I would have been staying home from work and playing Gears at launch but I have, like, 0 time for multiplayer these days so wondering if Rage is a better "sit back and enjoy blowing crap up" type of thang.

Don't buy Gears. Save your money for some of the awesome games that's coming within the next few months instead. For the Xbox 360:

Batman: Arkham City 21-Oct-2011

Battlefield 3 27-Oct-2011

GoldenEye 007: Reloaded 04-Nov-2011

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 08-Nov-2011

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 11-Nov-2011

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary 15-Nov-2011

Assassin's Creed: Revelations 15-Nov-2011

etc.

Maybe a bit too many shooters. By all those titles are "must haves" for me. I'm going to be fucking ruined.

Heavy Rain

when i started playing the demo, i thought "wtf is this shit", but 15 minutes later i wanted to buy it

i don't regret it

It's fun. Definitely worth it for $20-$30, not $60 though. Pretty interesting "game". Love it though, I always get people hooked on it, like my bro and sis each played through it when they were in town.

Playing FIFA 12 (this game makes me sooo angry when I lose :@)

Ordered Dark Souls and the Ico & SotC remaster. Looking forward to BF3, Skyrim and the new Batman. October - November is amazing.

Preloading Rage. 22GB?! No wonder the textures are a bit blurry. Every increase in texture resolution would probably have drastic effects on filesize since it has no repeating terrain textures. I found this fix to reduce texture pop-in (not if you're on broken ATI drivers.)

Create a file with name "Rageconfig.cfg" in the \rage\base\? directory with the content below:
seta vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly2 "8192"
seta vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly "8192"
seta vt_pageimagesizeunique "8192"
seta vt_pageimagesizevmtr "8192"

Edit: actually the configs in this thread might be even better: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2156408

Guest Ultravisitor

Lots of Dragon Age Origins. Just finished The Fade in The Tower of Mages. May have missed an opportunity to save the Arl's chick instead of frying her to enter the Fade last time. Whoops! I like this game :)

Archived