IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

honestly il leave it to the books to waffle on about lore, explore every storyline in detail and have travel times make sense, this show truly outdid itself by upping the pace this season. its been a wild ride.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah i don't remember anything, those kind of shows with many convoluted plotlines and characters are more fit for binging i guess. i read in some review that bram's joe snow flashback is very significant because it reveals that he's a targaryan, a relative of dany and the rightful heir to the iron throne. couldn't pick anything of it by myself.

I completely missed the Jon Snow thing too. I only know now bc the people watching with me flipped out.

Yeah my wife mentioned that the first time the tower flashback was brought up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeh epic episode - no loose ends as far as i could see. but...

- I missed the jon-being-of-house-tayrgarian too

- was zombie mountain out to face-fuck the shame nun? Jesus! "here, suck on my huge dead cock"

- Frey-pie was brilliant but did he eat any? Was it a second helping she'd brought?

- They don't do time-spans well. Maybe an 80's style screen-wash graphic effect with "Meanwhile, two months later...." would be amazingly weirdly brilliant

- Cercie - well fucking done you ruthless sexy bitch

- that piano intro - I feel a end-of-season-remix coming by yours truly

Oh yes and I call this episode Spexit + Frexit

Here's my season 5 jam https://soundcloud.com/keyfumbler/nothing-could-be-worse-than-this-game-of-thrones

Yes! that opening sequence with the music fit perfectly. Melancholy, choir, medieval organ, fuck. Gotta re-watch the whole thing over.

Apart from the Red Wedding, no other scenes throughout the whole series have truly been paired so well with a score right?

• 1 year later...

Did Twin Peaks kill this thread?

I'm still watching it. Still enjoying it. I just don't have much to say about it. 

My wife has read the books (well reading now, forget where she's at) and is a lot more invested in the backstories, theories, etc. Some of her coworkers are doing a deathpool for each episode. Likewise we're both watching Twin Peaks and while we both love it I'm a lot more obsessive over the theories and mythology.

enjoying it still. its actually progressing now. someone said they were leaving the wall last episode, and the next scene they were at their next location. thats pretty much faster than the speed of light for game of thrones travel. 

I had a break of a few years after college so when I went to University I sometimes felt a lot older than everyone else. Bran was every fresher who had just started doing drugs. 

Why did bran turned into a prick with no personality?

I mean he's seen literally everything that has ever happened. I imagine that would make you a little socially inept.

yeah he's the 'three-eyed raven' not the 'high five cool bro'

I mean he's seen literally everything that has ever happened. I imagine that would make you a little socially inept.

i dont buy it, and i don't buy jamie's character anymore (what happen to the jamie of season 3/4? its like he was turning nice and then two seasons later he's back to being a psychopath, like season 3/4 jamie never existed, is cercei really that good at sex?lol)

didn't happen to any of the other stark children and they had it worse than bran.

sansa was super happy to see him and hes like "im a wizard now dont hug me "

I don't mean he's seen everything that's happened to his siblings, or even his family - I mean he has seen the entire history of Westeros. That's gonna take some time to parse out, and in the meantime he's gonna be a little cloudy in the brainpan.

Euron is very entertaining and a breath of fresh air. Buy I am desperately in love with Yara Greyjoy (Asha for bookies) and she needs justice. Theon is funny though, that little rascal.

Like others I was just beginning to believe Jamie, who is a fantastic character by the way, would redeem hisself somehow but obviously the Cersei pussy game ridiculous. Olenna being all smug after downing a cup of poison was glorious.

The Arya revenge story going on steel reinforced and plot armored rails does not bother me in the slightest because I've been waiting so long for her to get her comeuppance.

The anachronicities of the show are getting a bit glaring, a eunuch sex scene got longer screen time than the taking of Casterly Rock and House Tyrell and all the teleportation is nauseating when you think about it.

Emilia Clarke's ineptness as an actress just keeps getting more and more glaring. She's like a spoiled brat when she whines about her right to the throne to Jon. At no time was she any convincing about her belief in "daenerys targaryen". Moreover, she clearly expressed she loved drogo and named a dragon after him, and suddenly it's all "I WAS RAPED". The only way there can be any justice for this horrible turd of a character is if she dies, and it will be more satisfying than Joffrey. This whole story will be so shitty if it culminates into some incestuous Jon and Dany thing at the throne.

Did Twin Peaks kill this thread?

I'm still watching it. Still enjoying it. I just don't have much to say about it. 

My wife has read the books (well reading now, forget where she's at) and is a lot more invested in the backstories, theories, etc. Some of her coworkers are doing a deathpool for each episode. Likewise we're both watching Twin Peaks and while we both love it I'm a lot more obsessive over the theories and mythology.

my girlfriend had read all the books too and gives me inside informations all the time otherwise i would be completly lost , i have no idea how other people manage to understand the story and the characters names, its just so fking confusing to me. 

I´m more like : A you mean the funny dwarf or the eunuch or the golden hand guy .....

i dont buy it, and i don't buy jamie's character anymore (what happen to the jamie of season 3/4? its like he was turning nice and then two seasons later he's back to being a psychopath, like season 3/4 jamie never existed, is cercei really that good at sex?lol)

In the books, the last we see of Jamie is him rejecting Cersei's plea for help, throwing her letter into the fire (back when he was at Riverrun dealing with the Blackfish). Book-Jamie was a lot more reasonable. The show really likes to reduce its characters to one-dimensional caricatures, everyone seems to be driven only by a single motivation now. Book versions had more depth (though their primary motives were still very clear).

Archived