IGNORED

Actress - Ghettoville

Redruth

I have it on vinyl, which is perfect for pitching it up to uncover different elements of each track. There's a lot of material that's kinda lost under the sludge by playing it at normal speed..kinda adds to the charm of this album

If you watch this whole video, many if you will understand the conundrum of liking/not liking this album.

jesus christ what is this?

It's a weird short film(?) by this performance/video artist Paul McCarthy(not Paul McCartney) that shows a weird deranged artist mutilating himself and generally bugging the fuck out making some kinda art. At the end, some snobby art collector couple discuss the importance and brilliance of his work and the husband literally sniffs his butt/huffs his farts or whatever.

• 1 month later...

^ Don't have it but heard it (via leak, which I then promptly deleted). Quite boring TBH. A lot of noodling with stems of R.I.P, no structure or grooves really. Contents are definitely nowhere in the range of $80

yip i also heard it... it's like actress performing "live"... pretty rough, amateurish breaks, a lot of known material. the beginning reminded me of some ambient acid computer game, quite enjoyable.

Guest bitroast

Maybe he's full of shit /trying to make a statement or something? and nothing he says can be taken at face value

I just mean lol that he said ghettoville would be the last actress album and he's already releasing new actress stuff.

i thought he just said "rip music" - there'll still be more releases! :spiteful:

Here's an interview where he backtracks quite a bit about that: http://www.electronicbeats.net/en/features/interviews/an-interview-with-actress/

When the new album was announced, there was this seemingly dead serious statement of yours, suggesting that this would be the final Actress record. It also said, “This is the conclusion of the Actress image.” Why do you think you reached a conclusion? This isn’t the end, is it?

I think that’s unlikely, to be honest with you. Still there’s truth in it—the back-end of that is I still have commitment to the record label to record under a particular name. Essentially, there could be some kind of argument or fallout from the possibility of this being the final record. I’ve answered this question in a different way to other journalists, and really, I could still be just like, “see you later, that is actually it!” But things always change, I’m always making music and I don’t think that’s ever gonna change really and I also do release music under different names. But as far as Actress is concerned, I’m pretty sure the music will keep coming.

you don't believe me?

http://ninjatune.net/release/actress/xoul-ep

17 / 07

yeah it's limited only to 500 ex. http://www.factmag.com/2014/07/16/actress-reveals-unexpected-new-ep-xoul/

:trollface:

Edited by Anchio Arch io Son Pittore

Here's an interview where he backtracks quite a bit about that: http://www.electronicbeats.net/en/features/interviews/an-interview-with-actress/

When the new album was announced, there was this seemingly dead serious statement of yours, suggesting that this would be the final Actress record. It also said, This is the conclusion of the Actress image. Why do you think you reached a conclusion? This isnt the end, is it?

I think thats unlikely, to be honest with you. Still theres truth in itthe back-end of that is I still have commitment to the record label to record under a particular name. Essentially, there could be some kind of argument or fallout from the possibility of this being the final record. Ive answered this question in a different way to other journalists, and really, I could still be just like, see you later, that is actually it! But things always change, Im always making music and I dont think thats ever gonna change really and I also do release music under different names. But as far as Actress is concerned, Im pretty sure the music will keep coming.

lol, even his attempt at the classic "idm-interview-lies" is lame.

richard pls

Edited by Alcofribas

• 5 months later...