IGNORED

Actress - Ghettoville

Redruth

Ate half an avocado, threw it up 20 minutes later. Ate the other half

Yep, you guessed it (though the second time it came up with all other kinds of stuff, including what felt like my stomach lining)

Glad you asked? ;p

having taken the time to properly listen a few times, i've really fallen in love with this album.

birdcage is the standout track for me (with forgiven pretty close on its heels). i know he made a big fuss about it being dark and moody but i've honestly found it to be one of his most uplifting releases. delightful, really.

Vladislav Delay is a master at his craft, I don't think it's even fair to compare the two musicians. In completely different leagues all around

I've just found my new least favorite user on this forum. There's a whole new world of insults that I've prepared for you for the time we'll cross our paths. I (sincerely) hope you aren't happy and content with your life.

Vladislav Delay is a master at his craft, I don't think it's even fair to compare the two musicians. In completely different leagues all around

I've just found my new least favorite user on this forum. There's a whole new world of insults that I've prepared for you for the time we'll cross our paths. I (sincerely) hope you aren't happy and content with your life.

What's not true in his words? I agree with him even though i like Actress better than Delay. Actress isn't a crafty master, he's an insightful amateur. Actress mixes ideas of past and Delay developed his own methods.

since you live in Romania it's pretty unlikely, but i'll make sure to steer clear of anyone who has a problem with the true statement I made, I wouldn't want to be within a 100 foot vicinity of someone who thinks Actress is actually comparable in quality/skill/experience/body of work to Vladislav Delay. It's too embarrassing of a vibe to even be in remote proximity to.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

yeah but there is like more going on both conceptually and technically in this 10 mintues than in like actress' entire catalog -

Edited by dr lopez

yeah but there is like more going on both conceptually and technically in this 10 mintues than in like actress' entire catalog -

nope

That's a nice joke.

Dr Lopez, do you know what conceptual means? Please tell me what the concept is? I can extrapolate concept from just about anything, and if you wanted to pick a conceptual showcase of Vlad's, you picked wrong.

There is very little concept in the above 10 min, whereas Actress oozes concept in everything he does. Hazyville has more concept in the first thirty seconds. He perhaps isn't as focused on the technical side of things, but that's not why I listen to music 95% of the time. The good thing is we don't have to hate on one of these artists to like the other.

Edited by sheatheman

I love VD

Actress is different. They are not comparable, or just a bit

Actress has changed music with his past four albums, for many people. I think about music differently.

In fact, some of vds stuff might even sound a bit dated now.

hmm, and you don't think Actress's heavy use of side-chain and 2000's hiphop tropes (video game gluggly bleeps, etc) *won't* sound dated in about 5 years time? RIP already sounds dated to me.

Edited by John Ehrlichman