IGNORED

Actress - Ghettoville

Redruth

His music bores me to tears. Bearing in mind a long, long time ago I said that about BoC and SAWII lol.

As soon as I press play I'm looking for an excuse to press skip. Having said that I love N.E.W off his last album. This dude remains an enigma to me....

Edited by beerwolf

I keep coming back to this album, it's a grower! My favorite track is 'Corner' which a good track to lurk, creep and trudge to. Other faves are 'Birdcage', 'Our', 'Image' & 'Rule' - so I guess I prefer the ones that have nostalgically twisted melodies above the simpler distorted techno tracks.. but I enjoy it all the way through anyway.

• 1 month later...

Them Ghettoville tracks on 45 sound a bit weird to my ears but think it’s just cause I’ve listened to it so much at normal speed!

Interesting though and they do kinda work at that speed but I prefer the slow sludgy feel of the originals.

the originals are likely the faster versions. i'm pretty sure he slowed every single track down by 20% or so before calling it.

This album is just very good. Nice moments but who not really cares

Shame on you, this album is really mediocre and you fall for hype. I don't care for it with my heart.

That, and getting toasted. Nicely toasted.

Seriously though this is actress at his most blunted, crunked-out lo-fi and as such requires a certain mindset going in to appreciate. Feels like a natural progression from Splazsh & RIP (both excellent in their own right, as was Hazyville) but that's just like my opinion man

it's not the disliking it that bothers me its the assuming that your opinion is a fact that does

or, given that I should be aware that each post is an opinion, it's the sheer arrogance of asserting something as crap when I don't think people have the right credentials to do so. it is more appropriate to say 'I don't like this and here's why'

Maybe it's you who's assuming such things. Facts are presented in a specific way and "this is crap" very rarely hits the spot, as well as other basic expressions, it's metaphorical language from the start. It doesn't even mean that you don't like something, the same way some people tend to like "sick" and "bad" things. There are no right credentials to use it, if you are bothered so much by a stranger's use of words, then it's your duty to ask him why he thinks so to make conclusions. Above you've written his opinion off right away with "who the fuck are you" attitude, which is no less arrogant, given that music producers and critics are crap 90% ot time and having such credentials means nothing.

that's cool dude, I don't mean to be flippant and snobbish and totally understand your frustration.

I should be more careful with my dismissive comments tbh. It's hard to express dislike for an album without coming across like a dick.

Yeah as opposed to actress himself saying "Xenakis is boring, move on" like how is that not dismissive and flippant?? ILL HAVE U KNOW Xenakis had more creativity in his fingernail than actress has in his entire body!

The respect also comes from the attitude of the artists themselves. If they carry themselves like a twat, I'm more inclined to snap back (on an obscure music forum)