IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

1 hour ago, Thiefinger said:

Just grinded some coffee beans and made a nice cuppa with my french press. I took a sip while walking and the movement made a bit of coffee go into my mouth and fall back into the cup. Now I feel ever so slightly uncomfortable about my coffee. 

"Although we rationally know what goes on with the excrements, the imaginary mystery nonetheless persists—shit remains an excess with does not fit our daily reality, and Lacan was right in claiming that we pass from animals to humans the moment an animal has problems with what to do with its excrements, the moment they turn into an excess that annoys it. (It’s similar with the saliva: as we all know, although we can without problem swallow our own saliva, we find it extremely repulsive to swallow again a saliva which was spit out of our body – again a case of violating the Inside/Outside frontier.)" Slavoj Zizek, "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know What They Are Doing"

As a child, my mother once made me some banana milk, which I loved, but I had a cold, and when I took the first delightful sip, my nose dripped into it, so that was that.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Okay, here's the secret family recipe:

Ingredients:

1 Banana

1/2 l Milk

Preparation:

Mix.

There you go. It's a great way to salvage bananas that are already a bit overripe/mushy. Actually, I'm about to make some tonight. (If you're feeling kinky, add a ball of icecream; I like lemon, but vanilla works too.)

Edited by IDEM
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

Video conferencing with people whose twitter bios contain the words"passionate about" followed by stuff nobody in their right mind could give a shit about. 

"emerging markets"

"growth"

"microdosing on whatever this is"

one of those is mine

Emerging markets, right?

• Haha 2

holy shit. when i hear the corporate talk and marketing language speak it fucking makes me stabby. i watched that Frontline episode about the rise of bezzos and amazon and wtf they are ripe w/that shit and use euphemisms to trick their brains and rationalize the fat cash they all make. it's tied up in silicon valley mindset too. 

So I drank and smoked weed all day. It was pretty tight. I'm going to order some Indian food. Maybe Chinese.

27 minutes ago, ignatius said:

holy shit. when i hear the corporate talk and marketing language speak it fucking makes me stabby. i watched that Frontline episode about the rise of bezzos and amazon and wtf they are ripe w/that shit and use euphemisms to trick their brains and rationalize the fat cash they all make. it's tied up in silicon valley mindset too. 

That Frontline doc is so fucking infuriating. I just do not understand people that willingly put listening devices into their homes.

Did you really need to sacrifice all of your privacy to save yourself 11 seconds from looking up the weather?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Braintree said:

So I drank and smoked weed all day. It was pretty tight. I'm going to order some Indian food. Maybe Chinese.

That Frontline doc is so fucking infuriating. I just do not understand people that willingly put listening devices into their homes.

Did you really need to sacrifice all of your privacy to save yourself 11 seconds from looking up the weather?

it's mind boggling that people trust these companies. i'm  glad the doc spent a lot of time talking about "it's all about the data" and  'big data' being the thing that's allowing these companies to be so powerful. "he who controls the data controls the universe" 

23 minutes ago, Braintree said:

I kind of want to walk into people's homes and say "Alexa. Initiate self-destruct sequence."

execute plan wing plan R

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ignatius said:

it's mind boggling that people trust these companies. i'm  glad the doc spent a lot of time talking about "it's all about the data" and  'big data' being the thing that's allowing these companies to be so powerful. "he who controls the data controls the universe" 

When I was a kid, I watched Sneakers (1992) on TV, there's a quote from the main antagonist named Cosmo which stuck in my mind ever since:

"He who controls information, controls the future" (might not be the exact words)

Little I knew back then how true these words were...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

When I was a kid, I watched Sneakers (1992) on TV, there's a quote from the main antagonist named Cosmo which stuck in my mind ever since:

"He who controls information, controls the future" (might not be the exact words)

saw that one in the theater too. makes me miss river phoenix. also wtf why dan akroyd not in more movies? 

and yeah there's a  lot to like about that movie in big picture type thoughts. it's almost cyberpunk in some ways. 

• Like 2

turn on the tv

"Dear govt, we were planning my Auntie Vera's 80th birthday surprise bash. She has 2000 wonderful great-grandchildren attending & we don't know the official advise for a rug-rat/dementia rave, given the current headlines. Can you highlight the appropriate hand sanitation & social distancing protocols pls? Your faithfully, Steve & Diane from Leeds"

spacer.png

3 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

3 hours ago, ignatius said:

saw that one in the theater too. makes me miss river phoenix. also wtf why dan akroyd not in more movies? 

and yeah there's a  lot to like about that movie in big picture type thoughts. it's almost cyberpunk in some ways. 

they used to play that on TV often, watched it plenty of times when i was younger. seen it a couple times in adulthood, still not bad for what it is, but it has been maybe 10 years since last time...so i looked up the clip for y'all

• Like 2

10 hours ago, auxien said:

they used to play that on TV often, watched it plenty of times when i was younger. seen it a couple times in adulthood, still not bad for what it is, but it has been maybe 10 years since last time...so i looked up the clip for y'all

yes, that's the one, thanks. it's a bit scary when movies become reality ?

Interviewers being interviewed at home on skype etc, where all the fkn angles are borked.

You get folks peering up, faces filling screen, faces peering down. The whole things should be regulated more thoroughly.

Surge in respirator manufacturing? No. Violations against poor camera angles? Mos def, appropriate height angles made into law etc. Priorities.

• Like 1

Trying to enjoy a nice warm sunny day and my neighbour has spent the last few hours cutting his tree down with the loudest chainsaw I've ever fucking heard.

Edited by milkface

Neighbours are the best. Neighbour two doors down is attempting to cut a huge concrete block with an angle grinder. He's only been at it an hour though.

Edited by Gocab
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, milkface said:

Trying to enjoy a nice warm sunny day and my neighbour has spent the last few hours cutting his tree down with the loudest chainsaw I've ever fucking heard.

Just try to think of it as a saw wave table. We all like those. At least I do.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mozex said:

Just try to think of it as a saw wave table. We all like those. At least I do.

just think of it as a Timber outtake. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cwmbrancity said:

Interviewers being interviewed at home on skype etc, where all the fkn angles are borked.

You get folks peering up, faces filling screen, faces peering down. The whole things should be regulated more thoroughly.

image.thumb.png.82667d953c18e7c1e51704c8c1d7e7ad.png

• Like 1