IGNORED

Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works 85-92 (2011 Reissue)

Redruth

There is a remastered Classics, right? Also on R&S? Pretty sure I've seen it.

Not that this album needed any remastering in the first place, but I guess that's already been discussed.

So they got rid of one of the most iconic sleeves ever and replaced it with a horse?

Epic failure.

Indeed, a failure of the most epic proportions. Plus it's a cardboard digipak. :closedeyes:

I have to say though, I didn't think the previous remaster sounded all that different from the original. Maybe I'm in the minority here that doesn't really appreciate the overly analog tape noise on the album. I'd like to hear a cleaned up version if that were possible. That said, I have no idea if this re-re-release will sound any different than the last one. Just checking out the samples on Boomkat now...sounds about the same - granted I haven't listened to it in a while.

I hate that R&S logo; it's like the thing you'd see on the back of a red and black leather jacket some guido wears to convince you he's got 6 Ferraris, and he doesn't know it's not quite the real logo.

I hate that R&S logo; it's like the thing you'd see on the back of a red and black leather jacket some guido wears to convince you he's got 6 Ferraris, and he doesn't know it's not quite the real logo.

Hahahaha! I always knew that logo reminded me of something horrendous... egads Holmes - that's it! :)

Guest Coalbucket PI

It's just R&S trying to bolster their position by reminding us all the cool stuff they did in the 90s. There are other digipaks all just with a great big WE MADE THIS r&s logo. http://randsrecords.greedbag.com/dept/~vinyl-11/

Of much more interest I think are the Model 500 rereleases and also there is a quite pleasant T shirt

http://randsrecords.greedbag.com/buy/classics-t-shirt-1/

3898302370054.jpeg

Guest narkeworld

R&S was gonna be called Ferrari Records (or used to be called Ferrari records back in the new beat days, I'm pretty damn sure about this) i think, as it's Renaat's favorite car company. So he settled on the horse and R&S as in Renaat and his wife/girlfriend Sabine. If I remember correctly this is how the story goes.

Archived