IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

The last episode of SoA is one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen on television.

Its a weird show because on one hand you have just laugh out loud ridiculous situations and then it'll have some dark business (usually involving that lunatic Otto). I think that's part of it's appeal for me that it's kind of funny but also quite violent when it needs to be. I'm glad I picked it up again after Season 3 (or 4?) when they go over to Belfast which seemed to be filmed in the summer in Southern California heheh. 

a8d77abc8a286f8b29e9b71e81c27966e3b5285c

dexter's daughter has gone missing. she last attended a party at a posh gated home with her boyfriend where the host suddenly asked everyone to leave. her and the boyfriend are the only people that didn't go home. everyone else did. so where are they?

surprisingly intriguing so far- dexter has a funny british accent that goes in and out- but you can ignore it because of the mcguffin. 

Dexter's British accent is the least of this show's problems.

^^^ i can't really think of other problems i have with a show besides dexter's awkward english accent. i wonder why they didn't just settle and make him an american expat (i'm guessing him being exec. producer insisted he can pull of the accent). also- really loving sia. i think she's my favorite character on the show so far

Another incredible season of The Americans. Depressing that this show only has 2 episodes left. Can't wait to find out how this all wraps up. Looks like the pastor makes a reappearance next episode.

watched Fargo season 2 - sooo good

re-watching The Office tv series when I get up to feed our newborn - keeps me awake but doesn't get me all stirred up. it's easy to turn off and go back to sleep

the Americans is close to over. I don’t think this ends well for the main characters. overall I’m impressed they’ve kept up the quality for the entire run. tv has come a long way since the sopranos. I think there’s three tv shows this year that were better than any movie released in the last three or four years.

whats your other picks. leftovers? was that even this year?

Edited by messiaen

I finally started watching The Night Of after collecting it and sitting on it for a year. binged 5 eps on a night when I should have been working on a number of assignments which are now overdue, woohoo. anyway, great stuff so far. turned out to have more of a prison drama element than I expected, the details of the case itself were largely ignored for the majority of eps 2, 3 and 4. Amara Karan is so yummy, god.

interested to know what you think of the last couple eps. one of the biggest let downs for me.

so I ended up binging the whole thing that night :cerious: 1 hr sleep.

idk I thought the last few episodes were ok, I liked the way it ended overall with the exception of how Chandra's arc wound up. I thought the whole romantic interference with professional duty angle should not have been pursued with her, actually, that was probably the weakest aspect of the whole show for me. they should have worked her character differently imo. other than that, I thought it was good not to end on a fake-happy note and to leave lingering resentment between Naz and his mum/community and trouble on the horizon re newfound drug habit.

The Terror: Finale - A much different ending compared to the book, but more apt for the series. Enjoyable conclusion, but I wish they would have tried to spin the more meta ending for Crozier from the book somehow. Dr. Goodsir's scenes were strong.

for anyone who watched the terror, was that a robert fripp track at the end? 

edit: looks like it was

https://soundcloud.com/fabiopirovano/the-gates-of-paradise-parts-iii

apparently they used a tangerine dream track in episode 2 as well

Lustmord's "Goetia" turned up too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LBUbJ0nO9o

Anyone watching Barry? It's like all the dark humor and morality mindfuck of Breaking Bad compressed in 8 episodes.

Blew through the first season. Love Bill Hader, nice to see him try out a dramatic role. Also Noho Hank is easily my new favorite side character.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/23/17383826/damon-lindelof-watchmen-remix-original-characters-remake

So Lindelöf's gotta have some serious dirt on someone to still be working and trusted with heading up a series. I didn't read any of his blabber beyond what the quoted in the article because that was MORE than enough, but I can't imagine this being anything but terrible. Maybe it'll get shut down before they even shoot the pilot.

edit: so you don't have to click the link, he's doing a "remix" (his word) of Watchmen, but not using the characters from the comic, instead taking all the other stuff I guess? Because if there's ANYthing in Watchmen that literally anyone who's read the comics think it's that the characters are the things they like the least in the series. Okay Damon.

Edited by auxien

lol yeah the world of watchmen was just so compelling. that setting man! also this guy's dad didn't hand him watchmen at twelve and say "you're not ready for this." that is some harry knowles level lying.