IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Getting into Succession. It's alright. Gets better with each episode, which is a good sign. Some homework tells me that Season 2 & 3 scores much higher than the first, so I'll stick with it. If my memory serves me correctly I had a similar vibe with Ozark, first season just okay and then by the end of Season 3 I had morphed into a mahoosive fan.

Speaking of which (Ozark) I'm looking forward to the final season of that. Kind of tempted to rewatch the first three seasons but I don't think enough time has elapsed for me not to be too familiar with proceedings.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

so far, this is a bland version of a P.T. Anderson film, not sure why all of these actors signed onto this. everyone in this version seems like a douche except maybe Pamela.

was planning on giving this a try tonight. will tepid my expectations accordingly

1 hour ago, Enthusiast said:

By my calculations each season of Ozark is half as good as the preceding season. 

and it’s all a shitty breaking bad ripoff to start with. i think i made it two episodes into s2 before wondering why i was wasting my time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nikisoko said:

and it’s all a shitty breaking bad ripoff to start with. i think i made it two episodes into s2 before wondering why i was wasting my time

This last season is definitely closer to Breaking Bad than the others. Laura Linney goes full Walter White. 

23 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

so far, this is a bland version of a P.T. Anderson film, not sure why all of these actors signed onto this. everyone in this version seems like a douche except maybe Pamela.

poster.jpg

tried watching this last night and couldn't get into it. i hate that comedy angle they're trying to play where not much is happening and what it seemingly takes forever (i.e. tommy wants a giant bed in the middle of his bedroom. then he wants it in the corner. then he wants a water bed. all while never even paying a deposit on any of this stuff?) also- there's wayyyyy to much music every few seconds. 

if there weren't so many interruptions just to get through the first 30 minutes, maybe they'd have something i can latch onto and follow, but as it stands, might as well watch those VH1 behind the music docs and get the story in under 40 minutes without all the goofy comedy acts

• Like 1

Just wrapped up Succession 1. Looking forward to the second.

Watching Kendall on his desperate mission for coke bought back some real visceral memories for me. It made me recoil back in my chair just thinking about it. I also once was of such state of mind I put myself in a similar precarious situation, the only difference was it was only me that was gonna end up dead. I thought he played that incredibly well. Intensely calm on the outside and totally focused even though the truth is you’re actually desperate on the inside and utterly falling apart at the same time.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 3

yLypBSl.png

tried watching this coz the wife and her friends are religious viewers. it was (however long an episode is) of zendaya running around asking for people to give her drugs and running away from them when they eventually did not. 

did not see the appeal

On 2/6/2022 at 1:20 PM, beerwolf said:

Just wrapped up Succession 1. Looking forward to the second.

Watching Kendall on his desperate mission for coke bought back some real visceral memories for me. It made me recoil back in my chair just thinking about it. I also once was of such state of mind I put myself in a similar precarious situation, the only difference was it was only me that was gonna end up dead. I thought he played that incredibly well. Intensely calm on the outside and totally focused even though the truth is you’re actually desperate on the inside and utterly falling apart at the same time.

Enjoy man. Kendall's trajectory across the next 2 seasons made it really compelling for me but we're spoiled for choice on that show. The whole thing had me chomping at the bit in ways I haven't for a show in awhile. Keep checking back in!

On 2/2/2022 at 3:21 PM, nikisoko said:

I enjoyed Breaking Bad and I'm enjoying Ozark. I can see the similarities but still think it's a good show on its own. There's nothing original anymore so if it's gonna be similar to anything, might as well be Breaking Bad.

Not sure I've commented on The Shrink Next Door yet. I was hyped for this but it's taking us forever to get through it, we've watched like one episode per week — it's a bit of a slog. With the first few I forgave the pacing and was hoping it would build up to something more engaging. If anything I felt more engaged in the earlier episodes, but it has sort of plateaued. Still have 3 to go and while I want to see it through, it feels more like an obligation at this point.

As for other Apple TV+ content, I'm looking forward to The Afterparty next. 

Finished up the Expanse, that last season should've been at least a couple of episodes longer, looks like they were in one hell of a rush to tie it all up.

So eh... It all felt very unsatisfactory and unresolved, even though the did ALL THE STUFF

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

So what ya gonna do, get that (Napoleons dried penis) and Hitlers nutsack and blend it into a takeover Europe smoothie 

Hahaha fucking classic 

Succesion S03 ?