IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

3 hours ago, thefxbip said:

Better Call Saul , first season (never watched breaking bad)

Love the characters.

I thought the first 3 seasons were so fucking boring so if you're enjoying it you're gonna be in for a massive treat when you finally get to watching breaking bad.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, milkface said:

I thought the first 3 seasons were so fucking boring so if you're enjoying it you're gonna be in for a massive treat when you finally get to watching breaking bad.

i liked the most recent season of better call saul more than a lot of breaking bad. breaking bad is good and beyond brilliant a times but sometimes they make walter a little too much of a magic macguyver w/the tasks he has to solve. but some of it is pretty amazing and great story telling.  they do the task/macguyver thing in some early parts of better call saul too but it rises up beyond that pretty quickly and the stuff w/jimmy's brother is amazing.. how that whole story turns out.. also, Kim is fucking great. 

the two series are really quite comparable overall.. for me anyways. i think the first couple seasons of better call saul were lacking some too but really don't remember them so much. 

edit: started watching Severance. which is interesting and weird. slow pace but compelling and draws me in. it's also darkly funny but also goofy funny too. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ignatius said:

i liked the most recent season of better call saul more than a lot of breaking bad. breaking bad is good and beyond brilliant a times but sometimes they make walter a little too much of a magic macguyver w/the tasks he has to solve. but some of it is pretty amazing and great story telling.  they do the task/macguyver thing in some early parts of better call saul too but it rises up beyond that pretty quickly and the stuff w/jimmy's brother is amazing.. how that whole story turns out.. also, Kim is fucking great. 

the two series are really quite comparable overall.. for me anyways. i think the first couple seasons of better call saul were lacking some too but really don't remember them so much. 

edit: started watching Severance. which is interesting and weird. slow pace but compelling and draws me in. it's also darkly funny but also goofy funny too. 

Bob Odenkirk and Jonathan Banks are just amazing at their respective characters.

I watch the show almost only to watch them.

It doesnt feel like i'm watching a guy acting , it feels like i'm watching these characters LIVE in front of me. Now, to me, that is fucking good acting. 

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, thefxbip said:

It doesnt feel like i'm watching a guy acting , it feels like i'm watching these characters LIVE in front of me. Now, to me, that is fucking good acting. 

one of my favorite things is when i forget i'm watching an actor do their thing.  especially when it's someone i'm familiar with and i know their work etc but i forget that it's xyz person and it's wholly the character and i'm convinced. .totally sold etc. immersed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ignatius said:

one of my favorite things is when i forget i'm watching an actor do their thing.  especially when it's someone i'm familiar with and i know their work etc but i forget that it's xyz person and it's wholly the character and i'm convinced. .totally sold etc. immersed. 

Yeah precisely.

The acting lives.

It's why i mostly dislike Di Caprio or Brad Pitt or any of those guys. They rarely feel like they're acting to make things LIVE imo. You never forget it's Di Caprio.

It's just ''here Di Caprio is in this movie saying his parts and someone is filming it''

I want the actor being obliterated into his part with only the character left. It's beautiful.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, milkface said:

Luckily there's enough goodness around in the paranoid brother and Breaking Bad characters to counter Kim Wexler, who's the human equivalent of paint drying

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ignatius said:

Yeah the last two were very very good, looking forward to the sixth and final season!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ooqpoo said:

Kim Wexler, who's the human equivalent of paint drying

I wasn't a fan of her either really in the beginning of BCS. but the actress playing her really stepped up in the last season of the show and absolutely killed it IMO. I became a much bigger Kim fan after that.

and I hate these long gaps between seasons of shows. I know covid delays and everything, but still. hard to remember where this show left off exactly. 

11 hours ago, iococoi said:

additional

Naked News

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0249044

nice. did you enjoy their take on the "russia/ukraine conflict"?

4730.jpg

anyone ever watch this? i watched the 95 version with jemima rooper but really curious about this version as i grew up reading enid blyton

3 hours ago, zero said:

I wasn't a fan of her either really in the beginning of BCS. but the actress playing her really stepped up in the last season of the show and absolutely killed it IMO. I became a much bigger Kim fan after that.

and I hate these long gaps between seasons of shows. I know covid delays and everything, but still. hard to remember where this show left off exactly. 

What worse is when they don't give you a recap! Or you accidentally skip it and it's difficult to get back to it. Ugh FWP

Several youtubers offer recaps of the different seasons from well known series.

-For some reason I fell off house of cards after two seasons, and a few months ago I decided to give it another shot. The first four seasons are relly good, but it falls really flat the last two. I wish someone could tell Kevin Spacy to behave like a decent guy back in the 80s, because I really would like to see how the show was supposed to end.

-Pieces of Her: Toni Collette is good as always, but the whole plot gets messy and almost laughable pretty fast. Do not recommend. 

Can we talk about how everything on Netflix seems to be based on a story by Harlan Coben and how it's all the worst lowest common denominator shit of all time. Thank you. Great talk.

I guess Netflix' goalpost is lowest common denominator across the board for maximum revenue. Bad talk. My apologies.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Ayya Khema said:

its ayt. second season is too cheesy for me though. 

Shit, I thought the first season was insanely cheesy already. I thought the show was going to be a lot more serious with a bigger emphasis on football rather than the players themselves ?

13 minutes ago, milkface said:

Shit, I thought the first season was insanely cheesy already. I thought the show was going to be a lot more serious with a bigger emphasis on football rather than the players themselves ?

it goes from cheesy to near unbearable agenda driven garbage netflix

16 hours ago, Ayya Khema said:

new succesion season kinda suck compared to the 2 previous seasons

I agree and disagree. Somehow it was tangible it was the Covid season. Maybe it'll turn out to be something like The Wire's s02 : boring on first vision but pretty great and narratively useful in the context of the whole series ?