IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

18 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Chernobyl - binged in a day, what an utter nightmare. Brilliant idea, execution, and soundtrack. It was so much worse than the West was let in on, never seen such a realistic and unsettling depiction of radiation poisoning. Trying to do the math in your head of how many cancer infections, birth defects, still births, miscarriages, child deaths, etc, it had to be over 1 million Soviets. And then another $2 billion to build a gigantic cover over reactor #4, mind boggling.

I attempted to watch this on a plane when I was travelling on a long flight to Perth Oz. Think I did 3 episodes but had to switch it off because I was supposed to be in happy holiday mood but I was sat there damn depressed. I should finish it off some time.

On 1/11/2022 at 9:54 AM, beerwolf said:

Started it a few months ago but just finished Narcos:Mexico 3. Not a patch on the first two by a long shot. Really disappointing. 

whenever i go on netflix, there's always a reminder for me to continue with that (narcos) series. since columbia i'm not sure why i lost interest- but theres only so much you can watch about drug dealers before the whole thing begins to feel repetitive. 

New The Expanse season. First two episodes were meh. Picked up after. There are these vignettes you can only watch online on Amazon Prime, which is so silly. The last one is pretty great though.

33 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

whenever i go on netflix, there's always a reminder for me to continue with that (narcos) series. since columbia i'm not sure why i lost interest- but theres only so much you can watch about drug dealers before the whole thing begins to feel repetitive. 

I’m with you. Plus all the Narcos documentaries, and all the other drug shows lol. It does seem a bit overkill. But the first 2 Mexico seasons were brilliant, at least in my opinion. 

• Like 1

DexterNewBlood_110_3089_R.jpg?w=450&h=25

Spoiler

i've been thinking about this for a bit and realized: i think the writers felt that dexter needed to end at some point and have been trying to resolve the series in a way that made everything final. the problem is that in todays climate (with reboots, re-imaginings and things ending with hints of a spin off) we've acclimated to not accepting resolutions that are final. this series- needed to say it's over. 

A Kick-Ass style superhero parody, trying to deconstruct the genre with comedy, while showing how stupid DC superheroes can be. No explanation made to how he survived The Suicide Squad, it does have some funny jokes, some good dialogue, and some bad. The blonde girl is incredibly annoying.

FE48FCF9-FCF8-4B6B-9C71-A2C61DF85FE0.webp

14 hours ago, Nebraska said:

DexterNewBlood_110_3089_R.jpg?w=450&h=25

Hide contents

i've been thinking about this for a bit and realized: i think the writers felt that dexter needed to end at some point and have been trying to resolve the series in a way that made everything final. the problem is that in todays climate (with reboots, re-imaginings and things ending with hints of a spin off) we've acclimated to not accepting resolutions that are final. this series- needed to say it's over. 

Is it worth watching? Is it a band aid on the wound left by the last few seasons? I love Dexter, but unfortunately it mostly sucks.

• Like 1

Just finished season 6 of The Expanse. Decent. Last two episodes were really good, and there’s an awesome Easter egg in the last episode. Definitely better than a lot of other dross. 

See - interesting idea, some decent characters but the Queen can go fucking do one. Worth a watch. 

On 1/14/2022 at 10:20 AM, Rubin Farr said:

A Kick-Ass style superhero parody, trying to deconstruct the genre with comedy, while showing how stupid DC superheroes can be. No explanation made to how he survived The Suicide Squad, it does have some funny jokes, some good dialogue, and some bad. The blonde girl is incredibly annoying.

FE48FCF9-FCF8-4B6B-9C71-A2C61DF85FE0.webp

I liked this, didn't mind the blonde. Black girl had some very very bad one liners on the other hand.

• Like 1

i watched S1 of Raised By Wolves and it was good at times, sorta went off the rails the last couple episodes so idk how they're gonna get things back together for S2.

i tried watching Marcella on Netflix but by like episode 3 or 4 i gave up, every new episode there just got more ludicrous than the last. maybe it gets better but i doubted that given the start

been watching some South Park, i think S19-S22ish? seasons i'd never seen but an episode or two of, it's mostly okay, an episode or two has been kinda cringy tbh, Parker/Stone/whoever is writing is trying a little too hard on some of these bits. but the bulk is still surprisingly funny for a show that's been on this long and sorta prides itself on its wildness/edginess. 

• Like 1

Just watched ep1 of ARCHIVE81 on Netflix.  Pretty cool.

Its a guy restoring tapes from a fire, trying to piece together what happened.  Occult weird shit going on. WIll definitely watch the rest (8 episodes)

Great soundtrack actually, a bit of research and its Ben Salisbury and Geoff Barlow who have also done Annihilation, Black Mirror, DEVS and Ex Machina.  

• Like 1

I just finished that a couple of hours ago, it does go a bit shit unfortunately, but the start is great, very Inferno/Suspiria like.

I also almost finished the Silent Sea, which is just a frustratingly boring and predictable Korean sci-fi whatever, I'm out at 6 and a half episodes deep, just not worth it. Both of these shows have super impressive rotten tomatoes scores, but I guess that doesn't mean much anymore. IMDb is fucking useless as well. Everything is shit. Woe is me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Heard a few good things about season 2 so just started The Witcher so see if it’s any good. I quite like the old dungeons and dragons, sword and sorcery stuff but kind of feel for years it’s been done to death and just gets predictable. We shall see.

Edited by beerwolf

On 1/5/2022 at 1:17 PM, scumtron said:

Succession s3. I had high expectations for it, but it's going downhill IMO. Several episodes were borderline boring, and the snappy comments and continous insults are growing old. 

Yeah, didn't grab me as much as 1 and 2, but thought it ended in a strong place