IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

23 hours ago, chenGOD said:

This may depend on what device you're watching it on - on my playstation it was worse than eating taco bell, but on the Apple TV it's the first thing that comes up when you turn it on.

I'm actually using an Apple TV too. I just find that because it's an aggregator, if it's not one of the most recent things I've watched across all my streaming apps, it's buried. And because I don't use Apple TV+ as an aggregator, and only go there when I'm trying to watch Apple TV+ content, it doesn't feel intuitive. 

The aggregated continue watching row makes sense, but if I scroll further down the page I feel there should be a section specifically for the Apple TV+ shows that I'm watching or have added to "Up Next", which I also find to be a stupid name for my list/queue. Maybe there's a way I can simply turn off the app's connection to content from the other apps. ?‍♂️

220px-Archive_81_poster.jpg

whoever created this really went crazy with trying to be creative. it's basically 1 part mr robot (except instead of being a hacker, this guy is a VHS archivist) and 1 part 8mm. main dude's friend is a foley artist working with an improve group (or theater company) but somehow manages to afford a really pimped out loft in manhattan. also, it doesn't seem to have dawned on anyone that everyone here is basically way over their head trying to carry a cable show with their lack of acting chops especially when they were given such specific character situations.

it's a strange show- mediocre in every sense and riddled with problems through out. it's basically fumbling it's way to a close (if they have one)

Watched that a couple of weeks back, I liked the cult stuff and other bits and bobs. I do wish they'd gone full giallo and added some grizzly deaths and weirdness. It pretty much falls on its face, and keeps stumbling to the unsatisfactory ending (that tries to set up a new season). I've seen worse, but too PG13 for what it is.

On 1/24/2022 at 6:14 PM, chenGOD said:

Don't read this until you finish the season:

Hide contents

The way she acts is 100% unreasonably cruel towards her family, but then you remember all the fucked up shit people do in the real world and you go - oh yeah, that actually does seem believable. The scene that took me out of the show a bit was when she picks the lock on a dresser to get access to some of Jonah's passcodes.

Finished the current lot. 

Spoiler

Fair points.  It definitely got better and the last 2 episodes were actually quite good. Talk about unbelievable things: half way through this season it dawned on me “why the fuck hasn’t Darlene killed the byrdes or the cartel killed Darlene??”. Beyond that, if Javi all of a sudden “took over” the Navarro cartel, why is he still flying down to the ozarks, himself? That is just stupid, in reality.  Additionally, it dawned on me, how can Darlene realistically have a fruitful crop year-round in Missouri ?

On 1/25/2022 at 5:42 PM, sidewinder said:

I'm actually using an Apple TV too. I just find that because it's an aggregator, if it's not one of the most recent things I've watched across all my streaming apps, it's buried. And because I don't use Apple TV+ as an aggregator, and only go there when I'm trying to watch Apple TV+ content, it doesn't feel intuitive. 

The aggregated continue watching row makes sense, but if I scroll further down the page I feel there should be a section specifically for the Apple TV+ shows that I'm watching or have added to "Up Next", which I also find to be a stupid name for my list/queue. Maybe there's a way I can simply turn off the app's connection to content from the other apps. ?‍♂️

That's weird, when I turn on my Apple TV, that's always the first thing I see, and if it's not I use the "home screen" button and it always takes me right to the Apple TV app. I don't use the Apple TV app as an aggregator, I have all the other apps separate. We should be in the FWP thread I guess lol.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 6:52 PM, Nebraska said:

220px-Archive_81_poster.jpg

whoever created this really went crazy with trying to be creative. it's basically 1 part mr robot (except instead of being a hacker, this guy is a VHS archivist) and 1 part 8mm. main dude's friend is a foley artist working with an improve group (or theater company) but somehow manages to afford a really pimped out loft in manhattan. also, it doesn't seem to have dawned on anyone that everyone here is basically way over their head trying to carry a cable show with their lack of acting chops especially when they were given such specific character situations.

it's a strange show- mediocre in every sense and riddled with problems through out. it's basically fumbling it's way to a close (if they have one)

I'm correct in that the melody "prayer" they sing is the same notes as 

right?

Just started Succession, on episode 3. First two episodes I sat entirely emotionless throughout. Didn’t laugh, didn’t yawn, didn’t care, didn’t give a shit. So I’m intrigued. Actually I may of laughed once, maybe twice but it was a slog. I’m obviously hoping for a change in gears asap. I did really hate almost every character on screen. Especially the ginger daughter (so I wasn’t emotionless….) Lol. Drunk need my sleep. Goodnight.

Edited by beerwolf

On 1/24/2022 at 11:05 PM, Enthusiast said:

Wow, I really enjoyed Midnight Mass. Best thing Netflix has done in a while imo.

Honestly? I'm on ep 4 and I'm super dissapointed.. another vampire series? It's honestly garbage tier stuff imo up to now. Let's see if my opinion changes with the last few episodes.

edit: this is the first form of media I really want to watch at 3x speed to get to the point on some of this scenes.. super overhyped trash

Edited by MIXL2
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Burger 1

On 1/20/2022 at 9:07 AM, ArtificialDisco said:

No I haven't, but I'm definitely going to check it out now.

It’s definitely a dated show, but Judge takes some pretty good swings at work culture before it was really a thing.

On 1/20/2022 at 9:28 AM, nikisoko said:

finished Station Eleven. it’s not going to be for everyone but it was for me. Probably the best but if tv i’ve seen in the pandemic

finished it up this weekend. I bawled like a baby through the last 3 episodes. Agreed that this is not going to be for everyone, but those who resonate with it are going to love it. Also imagine that it's the type of things where, depending on where you are in your life, you're going to notice/vibe with different things. In that way, it's like To Kill a Mockingbird or, as is topical for the show, Shakespeare. Cathartic af, I felt things I don't often allow myself to feel, and certainly not that strongly - I also came away feeling both more alive and hopeful. 

9.5 i remember damage's / 10 there is no before's 

Started The Gilded Age last night. It’s definitely the American downton abbey (especially the music) but seems less intent on delivering warm fuzzies. I’m geeking out particularly about the old New York history stuff. Definitely going to keep going for a while. 

18 hours ago, species8472 said:

yeah midnight mass was dogshit. stopped after episode 4. 

I should have too it just gets worse, super predictable ending and the whole thing could easily have been 2 episodes shorter without all the 15 minute monologues over 3 piano notes.

Worst series I have seen last 3 years easily. 

18 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

Yeah well I am going to watch it again 

I imagine you watching it at 0.5 speed drooling over the "what happens after you die?" scenes.

Utter trash.

• Haha 1

I enjoyed Midnight Mass.  Yeah, there was some filler but generally I thought it covered some interesting ground.  The vampire bit was probably the lamest link but it was a good cast and I liked the "are we alive/dead" scenes they set.  Don't think I would watch it again, but the hymn they sang near the end actually stuck with me for a while after watching it.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

good cast

only thing good about it 

4 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

The vampire bit was probably the lamest link

funny how it's also the central plot point of the whole thing eh

edit: alright I watched the rlm thing on it and idk.. I guess the whole theme of the show and these trains of thought regarding death have been on my mind alot recently for varied reasons.. it made the monologues fall completely flat for me.. it felt like the most surface level commentary on death and it was infuriating how long time they took to parse it.

won't be watching again.

Edited by MIXL2
  • Like 1
  • Burger 1

Regarding Ozark:

Spoiler

Quite puzzled that the last episode didn't have the car crash that started the first episode. As the episode ufolded, I thought it was about the family, beeing "free", going to Chicago, but then(!) a car crash, and everything changes. I rewatched it, and the scene and dialogue doesn't make any sense.