IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

DX3oBUS.jpg

aussie journo gets a guy to go deep undercover to reveal a neo nazi movement and answer the who, what, why and how of the organization and it's members and use the incriminating footage as the basis of this show.

Gonna give Atlanta a go. I'm a bit disillusioned with tv shows at the moment, though I liked Succession it wasn't really a subject I was into, it was just so well made it was hard not to like. Again Atlanta on paper really shouldn't be my cup of tea. I think Better Call Saul and Ozark are wrapping up soon so looking forward to them. Thinking of watching Westworld or Fargo. I might just watch films for a while and give myself a break from tv series. First World problems heh.

Feel free to recommend me something, you think I might like.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Berk said:

Finally started watching the Sopranos. ? Percent worth

That’s a good shout. I also have never watched it. Think you may of solved my problem! With the most obvious of solutions ?

• Like 3

I've only watched one episode of The Sopranos. This was back in the day when it was on TV and you had to videotape it because it was on at 11.30pm (late for me) and I couldn't be bothered with all the ball ache. So staggering in completely rat arsed from a massive session (I've been told this is maybe one of the most classic of episodes) all I can tell you is they are in a combi van with a dead body and trapped in the snow somewhere out in the woods. It was fucking hilarious ?

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

Severance is dark as fuck and I love it. Can’t wait for the season finale, even though I know it will leave me wanting more. Ben Stiller is killing it with his direction. 
Raised by Wolves S2 is mental. Halfway-ish through and this is great fucking television. 
Moon Knight first two episodes have been surprisingly good. Oscar Isaac is quality. I have faith Disney will fuck it up. 

• Like 1

"Follows the Dutton family as they leave Tennessee, journey to Fort Worth, Texas, and join a European immigrant wagon train undertaking the arduous journey west to Oregon."

The premise sounds great, right? How could you mess this up? Well, this series will show you how.
Actually it starts off really good. And some parts stay that good throughout the series, but other parts... are absolute trash.
There's this really obvious thick fat line between the good parts and the bad. The contrast couldn't be more obvious.
You see, I'm 100% sure this series was written by 2 teams, whom each had a very specific audience in mind.

The first writers team -we'll call them the A-team- writes a gritty story about the arduous journey migrants (aka frontier settlers) had to undertake to reach the territories to the West. Introducing: the Orgeon Trail. These parts are generally written well and realistically. The acting for these parts is also good. Especially Sam Elliott does a great job. Cinematography and locations are all good too.

Now, the other writers team -we'll call them the Elsa-team- writes for the daughter of the family, Elsa. This is their sole interest. This kid single-handedly destroys the entire story. She's so annoying, soapy, dramatized, naive, privileged, selfish, historically-misplaced, love-thirsty, narcissistic,... it will make you puke.

When taken separately you can kinda ignore the Elsa parts, and focus on the actual 1883. It's still an enjoyable experience. Or if you like the Elsa one in the case you can somehow identify yourself as her -what's wrong with you?-, you can do it the other way around...

But -by the nine- when these two writing teams collide, there's no way out, and you'll have to cringe through. It's when you wish you lived in an alternate time-line where the Elsa-team had died on the Oregon trail themselves.
Painful. Such a shame.

So, in short, I'd recommend 1883 if can find an edit with all the Elsa-trash cut out.

On 4/9/2022 at 11:01 PM, chenGOD said:

Severance is dark as fuck and I love it. Can’t wait for the season finale, even though I know it will leave me wanting more. Ben Stiller is killing it with his direction. 
Raised by Wolves S2 is mental. Halfway-ish through and this is great fucking television. 
Moon Knight first two episodes have been surprisingly good. Oscar Isaac is quality. I have faith Disney will fuck it up. 

I'm 3 episodes into Severance and holllyyyy fffuuucck it's so good. Reminds me of how I felt when watching Devs - not necessarily the tone or subject matter, but definitely the omg wtf is going on I don't know but I love it. 

• Like 1

netflix-savile-doc-z.jpg

i remember this guy when i was growing up being incredibly popular for fixing people's problems (or wishes) until everyone found out he was a proper pedo. watching this with that context makes you wonder how everyone thought his cheeky humor was anything but benign

16 minutes ago, ignatius said:

Severance is good. first season just ended. it's really well done. good cast. nice twists and well paced. 

Yeah I didn't realise the latest episode was the finale, but I suppose that makes sense given the ending. Hope we don't have to wait an age for the next season!

Started watching Slow Horses, because Gary Oldman. Seems like a pretty straightforward spy agency/political thingy so far, but I'm only an episode in.