IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Elaborate?  sure: TV Shows and movies with concept shit going on like that, usually rely way too heavy on it, and all the other aspects that make a show good don't get enough attention.

What I mean: Inception for example, it's the biggest piece of shit movie ever really. Southpark parody was 100% on the money, laughed my ass off: 

"Sharon: Just because an idea is over convoluted and complex doesn't make it cool. (...)
Cobb: You don't get it because you're not smart enough."

But like I said, I haven't given Severance a 100% fair chance yet

I was aiming for shows alike, not a rant on shitty/most tv/film ? Anyway I feel ya... 

'Living with yourself' is a good example but I'm afraid it was canceled... 

'la science des reves', 'waking life' and 'open your eyes/vanilla sky' are cool... oh and mulholland drive obvs... 

Edited by _vow_of_silence_
  • Like 1

just finished watching russian doll season 1

tomorrow

On 4/21/2022 at 6:39 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Russian Doll season 2 binge in progress 

• Like 1

Just wrapped up season 3 with Tony and the boys. Best season for me so far. Good pacing, exciting episodes (and much more Bada Bing! ?) Got to finally see the episode again with them in the woods hunting the Russian (what if he’s out there stalking US?. What with? his cock?!!) Glad Tony’s mother has died, she was getting on my nerves, (not just his). I was skipping tiny bits with her in it tbh, didn’t like the creepy depressing vibe. Gonna have a break with mafia stuff, Devs is on iPlayer. Sounds like my kind of thing.

Beerwolf over and out ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Just wrapped up season 3 with Tony and the boys. Best season for me so far. Good pacing, exciting episodes (and much more Bada Bing! ?) Got to finally see the episode again with them in the woods hunting the Russian (what if he’s out there stalking US?. What with? his cock?!!) Glad Tony’s mother has died, she was getting on my nerves, (not just his). I was skipping tiny bits with her in it tbh, didn’t like the creepy depressing vibe. Gonna have a break with mafia stuff, Devs is on iPlayer. Sounds like my kind of thing.

Beerwolf over and out ?

Skip Devs and continue watching the best damn show ever made. Also, make sure not to skip anything in The Sopranos from now on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Hail Sagan said:

Any Amazon Prime originals that are any good? The Expanse looks interesting.

Expanse is great, not as good as and not actually faithful to the books, but do watch. I've watched The Wheel of Time, Reacher, The Boys (highly recommended), Vox Machina, Hanna, Carnival Row, Invincible, Good Omens (HR), American Gods (HR), As We See It, Electric Dreams, Utopia, The Tick, Upload, and some of The Man in the High Castle; none of these are IMHO an absolute waste of time, but YMMV. Oh, and Picard (HR).

Edited by dcom
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Hail Sagan said:

Any Amazon Prime originals that are any good? The Expanse looks interesting.

I've watched one episode of Outer Range and that was pretty intriguing

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Squee said:

Skip Devs and continue watching the best damn show ever made. Also, make sure not to skip anything in The Sopranos from now on. 

I think I may take your advice and keep on track. No skipping either (I just had enough of his mum ?)

16 hours ago, Squee said:

Skip Devs 

I second this. Never seen the sopranos but devs was a letdown. 

just started season 2 of the righteous gemstones and it doesn’t have the shine that s1 had. I’m almost considering stopping but will keep going if someone can say I should continue. 
it just feels like the knots were all tied in a bow at the end of s1 and now they are trying to start from scratch without a strong premise (kinda like s2 of Ted lasso, which fell super flat for me). The characters are great but are they great enough to watch them go through any old thing? Not sure. 

2 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Just started season 2 of the righteous gemstones and it doesn’t have the shine that s1 had. I’m almost considering stopping but will keep going if someone can say I should continue. 

it just feels like the knots were all tied in a bow at the end of s1 and now they are trying to start from scratch without a strong premise (kinda like s2 of Ted lasso, which fell super flat for me). The characters are great but are they great enough to watch them go through any old thing? Not sure. 

• Like 2
  • Burger 1

2 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I second this. Never seen the sopranos but devs was a letdown. 

just started season 2 of the righteous gemstones and it doesn’t have the shine that s1 had. I’m almost considering stopping but will keep going if someone can say I should continue. 

Season 2 starts out a bit weak, but it gets there... just wait.

3 hours ago, beerwolf said:

I think I may take your advice and keep on track. No skipping either (I just had enough of his mum ?)

Well, she's a key element to what happens next. But as long as you got the gist then you're good to go ?

Seriously, The Sopranos is the best show ever made. Nothing comes close to even reaching its peaks. There's one episode that isn't memorable. The rest is just MUAH!

• Like 2

On 4/22/2022 at 2:32 AM, sidewinder said:

Jerry is the worst character on Seinfeld, I'll give you that. But the show is awesome, and of course it wouldn't be the same without him.

Jerry is indeed the worst, sometimes it seems as if he is the same IRL which is even worse. I get the feeling that Costanza and Kramer are the schadefreude of Elaine and Jerry, when all the characters are supposed to be these silly caricatures with various social disfunctions. I tend to think that IRL Jerry influenced David to write him as the better person who always knows better and gets the hottest women just to satisfy his ego and that his vanity got the better part of his show character. There are not many scenes where Jerry is the flawed guy when all others are.

Beside Costanza and Kramer, the side characters are also hillarious, like Newman, Peterman, Frank Costanza, and uncle Leo. Pure comedy gold.

Edited by cichlisuite
  • Like 2