IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 10/2/2023 at 6:54 PM, beerwolf said:

The Bear was in the bin, then out the bin and is now firmly back in the bin. Watched episode1 of Series 2 and I just fucking hated it even more. Don't give a shit about any of the characters, don't give a shit about the story line, don't give a shit about chefs, don't really give a shit about restaurants 👋

Jesus Christ, I'm so glad you say this. Everyone and their step-aunt Betsy loves this show and tells me to watch it, the missus liked it so much she even fucking rewatched the first season with me, and I couldn't get into it for the life of me. It just felt so damn sloppy, none of the characters were even remotely interesting or seemed to have any sort of real motivation, there was no narrative arc whatsoever, like it was slapped together in the laziest of ways. Maybe this counts as "realism" to some, dunno, to me it was just a drag. Real sort of They Live/emperor's new clothes/has-everyone-else-been-brainwashed? type of situation for me, so thank you very much, I feel vindicated/absolved by your post.

On 9/20/2023 at 3:50 PM, beerwolf said:

The Bear getting good but there's one character who's really, really fucking annoying me. The fact she's annoying the whole fucking kitchen makes me feel much fucking better. 

They swear a lot in the kitchens of Chicago. 

I hated her so fucking much

17 hours ago, beerwolf said:

I've recently got quite friendly with some new customers of mine. Three guys in their late 50's who have fine taste in wine/beer, film and song. Music wise they into Sabbath, Sex Pistols, PIL, Joy Division, Kraftwerk, Killing Joke, Motorhead, My Bloody Valentine, Jesus & Mary Chain, Sonic Youth etc etc. One of the dudes son is an Aphex Twin fan, but posts on reddit not watmm. Plenty in common, which is nice because these people don't exist much in my world, so to have 3 of them in a room is cool. They asked me for my favourite film list, so we were discussing that for a few weeks. Lol they said 'hey dude there aint much comedy on here' but I said I find comedy a very tricky road to navigate even though I very much enjoy having a laugh. What's the point to this post? Well once they sussed me out they said 

Yo Wolf Man you gotta watch Curb Your Enthusiasm, you will love it!

So I guess that's up next

Now these are some sensible dudes

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

honestly I don't think he's playing a character, it's kind of an autobiography, he's basically playing a caricature of himself? someone back me up here... I've had a hard time as well getting into it, this guy is unbearable, but I kind of identify myself with him so I'll give it a chance... after a while it ended up paying off, no regrets... I little bit cringey but love it to bits and can easily understand that if you're not in the mood you won't get past trough the 1st episode... anyway I would recommend to stick with it for a while... there's not really much of a canon so just skim trough some episodes and choose one to your liking...

Yeah I thought the whole point was that, not just Larry, but most of the famous actors involved play up certain angles of their personality to give a more intimate or whatever experience rather than the normal procedure of sitcoms. I was introduced to Curb by a very bubbly Texan gal who absolutely did not curb her enthusiasm for Curb so that helped lol, but I liked this kind of cringe comedy anyway.

There is a Danish version of Curb called Klovn which you absouletely need to check out if you like Curb. It employs exactly the same approach as Curb, even basically ripping off the music, but it´s so funny all is forgiven.  It spawned a few movies too, but they´re very soso. Stick to the episodes and you´re in for a treat!

19 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

honestly I don't think he's playing a character, it's kind of an autobiography, he's basically playing a caricature of himself? someone back me up here... I've had a hard time as well getting into it, this guy is unbearable, but I kind of identify myself with him so I'll give it a chance... after a while it ended up paying off, no regrets... I little bit cringey but love it to bits and can easily understand that if you're not in the mood you won't get past trough the 1st episode... anyway I would recommend to stick with it for a while... there's not really much of a canon so just skim trough some episodes and choose one to your liking...

Curb is Larry playing himself as how he wishes he could act in real life.

Jason Alexander playing George Costanza is how Larry really is in real life.

Supposedly.

• Like 1

This Cyberpunk series on Netflix really starts with a boring episode but gets pretty interesting after the 2nd and 3rd episode. I wonder if it can keep the quick pace. 

This week is an excellent time to watch the Cyberpunk Edgerunners anime |  PC Gamer

Cyberpunk Edgerunners Poster 20x30" TV Series Animation 2022 From USA  | eBay

• Like 2

2 hours ago, o00o said:

This Cyberpunk series on Netflix really starts with a boring episode but gets pretty interesting after the 2nd and 3rd episode. I wonder if it can keep the quick pace. 

This week is an excellent time to watch the Cyberpunk Edgerunners anime |  PC Gamer

Cyberpunk Edgerunners Poster 20x30" TV Series Animation 2022 From USA  | eBay

tried to watch the 1st ep, too many subs and overload psy animation borken my bairn... no clue about what was going on... obs will give it some more tries, I was heavily stoned...

u watching Japanese or dubbed? watching dubbed anime is a sacrilege... :trollface:

Edited by cruising for burgers

22 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

tried to watch the 1st ep, too many subs and overload psy animation borken my bairn... no clue about what was going on... obs will give it some more tries, I was heavily stoned...

u watching Japanese or dubbed? watching dubbed anime is a sacrilege... :trollface:

English dub is pretty solid but I should try watching it in Japanese with subs lol

Now 5 episodes in and it’s still pretty solid for what it is 

9 minutes ago, GORDO said:

Liked the Loki ending, got me actually looking forward to how marvel carries on the Kang arc, but rumors are they're backpedaling on it.

Yeah it’s finally some marvel where they did give a shit about the audience and quality control. 

Edited by o00o

On 11/15/2023 at 10:11 AM, cruising for burgers said:

I will there was some real footage. I wonder what style they use 

just finished castlevania nocturne - is there a movie trope that explains why all vampires wear drag and make sexual noises when killing their prey? 

40 minutes ago, o00o said:

I will there was some real footage. I wonder what style they use 

just finished castlevania nocturne - is there a movie trope that explains why all vampires wear drag and make sexual noises when killing their prey? 

Is it as good as the 1st one?

12 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

Is it as good as the 1st one?

It has some kitsch but the lovely sarcastic undertone is there again and the buildup to the finale is very epic like it was in the 1st one. 

Edited by o00o
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

invasion is shit...

the peripheral quite as well but it's wrapped in glittery microplastic...

ghost train I have no clue..

I’m mostly curious about Ghost Train because I’m still obsessed with true crime docs. Just watched the 2 part Torso Killer “series” on Hulu. Very interesting case. I saw another doc series about him that was also pretty well done that I strongly recommend watching before watching this new one. 

18 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Impressive visual effects, Apple seems to be all on this one, cool so see the Russells playing the same character.

IMG_7026.jpeg

Watched ep1  - very silly stuff and russel jnr aint no russel snr - wooden stuff and you got all this stupid music trying to build up tension

On 11/2/2023 at 4:40 PM, Rubin Farr said:

hmm.. grew up on the origional series which was amazing and got me into Japanese culture... then i read the James Clavel book it was based on whoch was great but THEN i read th actual biography of the real Samurai William whch was even more amazing and it really didn't need all the melodrama tbh. Im very skeptical of this and it looks all too slick/contrived. Let see...

1 hour ago, phudoshin said:

Watched ep1  - very silly stuff and russel jnr aint no russel snr - wooden stuff and you got all this stupid music trying to build up tension

Keeping the timeline obscured for the entire episode seemed needlessly confusing and counter productive. Are we supposed to remember these people from Godzilla 2014?

17 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Keeping the timeline obscured for the entire episode seemed needlessly confusing and counter productive. Are we supposed to remember these people from Godzilla 2014?

Is this supposed to be a Godzilla sequel?