IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

She was OK on that episode of Black Mirror, but Doctor Who is just an awful show.

It's more of a symbolic step, I know a young woman who worships Doctor Who and she was absolutely floored.

ive got a tough 8 weeks ahead of me waiting for game of thrones to air all episodes so i can sit and get hammered on caffienated tonic wine and marathon the whole series in one sitting as the gods intended. no spoilers in this thread if poss. 

every major character dies within the first 15 minutes of the first ep, the rest of the episode is a clever and allegorical 45 minute montage of samwell tarly cleaning librarians' shit. as brave and audacious as one would expect from this landmark show.

6/10

Edited by eugene

why are people doctor who fans except for autismn

ALLONS Y ALLONS Y ALLONS Y ALLONS Y ALLONS Y ALLONS Y

*something steampunk*

<Cameo by acclaimed UK stage actor>

~INNUENDO~

#contrivedplottwistsandcliffhangers

¡Moffat used to be good!

Ba ba ba ba! Ba ba ba ba! BBabababa abbva AWOOOOOO EWOOOOWOOO

its the BBC's fault for promoting shit like Dr Who & Sherlock while trying to convince any1 who cares (the viewer, the world @ large) that the BBC remains culturally relevant

every few years you might something half-decent, its clearly a communist conspiracy, apologies world

I thought it was v good, I don't think many others did.

what about this Taboo thing?

I thought it was v good, I don't think many others did.

I rather enjoyed it for the slowburn it was. Not sure if they're doing a second season, but I'd be down for it.

A barrel aged dickensian tale sprinkled with a helping of smoked bath salts.

Yes, just watch the first episode, if you don't like it, give the show a skip, it pretty much the same throughout. If you like watching Tom Hardy walking around London docks scheming in that outfit you're up for a good time.

I watched the first two and a half seasons of that before I gave up, thought the first 1 was pretty good, 2nd one started going downhill, but the third was just terrible. What are they on now, season 5? 

I started watching Stargate Universe for some reason. I guess I was itching for a space adventure show. 7 episodes in and thinking about ditching it and just watching Farscape again. Carlyle is the only reason to watch SGU so far.

I watched the first two and a half seasons of that before I gave up, thought the first 1 was pretty good, 2nd one started going downhill, but the third was just terrible. What are they on now, season 5? 

Yep. Last season too.

I started watching Stargate Universe for some reason. I guess I was itching for a space adventure show. 7 episodes in and thinking about ditching it and just watching Farscape again. Carlyle is the only reason to watch SGU so far.

I liked the new tone for this. Really wanted it to keep going because once you find out why the ship is going where it's going it's pretty fascinating.

Yeah, season 5. Gratefully the last.

what about this Taboo thing?

its solid enough but a lot of cliches ie the Thames embankment strolling/mumbling mentioned in a prior post, having said that it managed to get to a place where trauma/madness/occultism merged in a way that few have managed & anything that lances the origins of the East India Company, the civil service and European royalty in one fair swoop is doing history a favour. Mark Gatiss is outstanding as the King and his main pvt secretary is a gingery malevolently evil delight too.

thats half the rub doe cos Gatiss does Sherlock, which if you add it to Poldark and some other wank means that our taxes continue to fund this level of atrocity, so Taboo doesnt quite balance the books although it does its best to attempt to alleviate the fully loaded excrement tanker....i'd rate it above Peaky Blinders for coherence