IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Off The Air

hey this is fantastic thanks a lot!

reminds me of this program we used to watch back in the day the first times we did acid...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Night

Cult status and music

The broadcast quickly turned into a cult: At raves in the mid-90s it wasn't unusual to show the images of Space Night on big TV-screens. Early in the morning after the rave it was often used to calm down, especially from 1996 and later, as Space Night's sound changed through the musical guidance by Alex Azary (a European chill-out-DJ), who provided a more electronic background music. This was a logical step that originated from Alex Azary. He headed the Club XS in Frankfurt where "chill out nights" started in 1990, supported by spherical music. Alongside, pictures of Space Night were shown, albeit the playback was a little bit slower than in the original program. The images did fit well to the then new music-genre and Alex thought it would be a good idea to show it to the people at BR. A meeting in Munich followed where he could convince them to try something new.

The compositions are also available as separate CDs, the mixdown starting from the album "Space Night II" is done by the German music label Elektrolux. In the meantime, twelve CD-albums with music to the television series have been published, with three of those clearly differing in musical style. While "Space Night Vol. 1" is an album featuring pop music, "Space Night Vol. 10" features Jazz music and "Space Night Vol. 12" is a double CD with classical music. A DVD titled "Best of Earth-Views" is also available.

http://www.br.de/fernsehen/bayerisches-fernsehen/sendungen/spacenight-english/index.html

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

Off The Air

reminds me of this program we used to watch back in the day the first times we did acid...

Cult status and music

The broadcast quickly turned into a cult: At raves in the mid-90s it wasn't unusual to show the images of Space Night on big TV-screens. Early in the morning after the rave it was often used to calm down, especially from 1996 and later, as Space Night's sound changed through the musical guidance by Alex Azary (a European chill-out-DJ), who provided a more electronic background music. This was a logical step that originated from Alex Azary. He headed the Club XS in Frankfurt where "chill out nights" started in 1990, supported by spherical music. Alongside, pictures of Space Night were shown, albeit the playback was a little bit slower than in the original program. The images did fit well to the then new music-genre and Alex thought it would be a good idea to show it to the people at BR. A meeting in Munich followed where he could convince them to try something new.

The compositions are also available as separate CDs, the mixdown starting from the album "Space Night II" is done by the German music label Elektrolux. In the meantime, twelve CD-albums with music to the television series have been published, with three of those clearly differing in musical style. While "Space Night Vol. 1" is an album featuring pop music, "Space Night Vol. 10" features Jazz music and "Space Night Vol. 12" is a double CD with classical music. A DVD titled "Best of Earth-Views" is also available.

http://www.br.de/fernsehen/bayerisches-fernsehen/sendungen/spacenight-english/index.html

yeah, its pretty cool

Off The Air

[Holes]

Cult status and music

Hey no probs man. I'm absolutely loving this show; certainly doesn't hurt that the music selection is often top notch and there's prominent spots by cyriak and don hertzfeldt. Amazing series to just let wash over you really

can someone tell me up to what point It's Always Sunny is still good? I doubt after 10 seasons it's still going strong, I'd like to know at what point it's dropped off.

The first episode of the new X-files did not impress. The second was more akin to the good episodes of the old series. Probably has to do with it not being written by Chris Carter. It's good that it only is six episodes, not time to ruin it completely. I don't know if the 90s-type conspiracy gimmick really translates well to the 2010s world.

can someone tell me up to what point It's Always Sunny is still good? I doubt after 10 seasons it's still going strong, I'd like to know at what point it's dropped off.

There were lols in the latest episode where they were at the ski lodge. Set-up like an 80's flick ala Better off dead. You could say they stole this gimmick from South Park though.

I watch it here & there, but it's not demand viewing for me. I much prefer Man seeking woman right now on FX.

Maybe you've seen them already but the first 5 seasons are utmost excellence with great episodes in 6,7 and then I lost track.

bachelor is good this season damn i want to take caila to the fantasy suite

although the mind does run wild with those twins.....

LOL! I had to endure 2 hours of this the other night and the Olivia chick is batshit. The only reason he hasn't voted her off yet is he needs to hire more bodyguards I'm sure.

bojack horseman's episode in which he trips was amazing!!!

this show is incredible

this

s. 1 ep. 11 is the episode TIMJ be referring to

fantastic theme song

[youtubehd]ikpc1BN4nN8[/youtubehd]

'Tis my ringtone.

bachelor is good this season damn i want to take caila to the fantasy suite

although the mind does run wild with those twins.....

LOL! I had to endure 2 hours of this the other night and the Olivia chick is batshit. The only reason he hasn't voted her off yet is he needs to hire more bodyguards I'm sure.

also the producers were like.... she makes good television.

sad one of the twins had to go... still #teamcaila but... i've always had a soft spot for becca and after the whole neon lights vegas date i'm more on board than ever. i want to marry becca!!!

Just finished season 2 of Fargo - i know i know...been done to death by the cool kids already.

Holy fuck though if those werent 2 of the best seasons of TV ever. I think I liked season 2 even more than season 1. still though, just fucking great great tv.

Now to finish off season 3 of Hannibal.

cosmos (the new one) - completely stunned by how great it is. being an astronomy geek i thought i would find it boring as i figured it must be a bunch of introductory level stuff but it's really an outstanding show. apparently season 2 is being determined right now. i could see how it's an expensive show, they bring neil around the world, do a ton of actually good cgi, a bunch of long animation bits from history. the talks for renewing it and what it would involve have been dragging on for a while now... i hope neil is in it and they have the same resources as they did for the first

The high production values of Cosmos is what set it a part from the usual US science/space documentaries. If they cut it down, it would be more like them and I would probably not watch it. Not that the new Cosmos was that awesome, but the bar is pretty low.

^ wha'bout Nova?

I think PBS (Public Broadcasting) generally does a pretty decent job in this regard. Nova, Frontline, etc. No agenda drivel or dumb downed shit for the average american knob, as on other so-called science, historical networks. (Discovery, History channels)

Edited by olo

nah, even that stuff is terrible for me. the over-dramatic and ever excited tone of the voiceover, the shitty music. horizon have boards of canada and shit, and the voice over people are calm and serious sounding.

maybe there's some good stuff, I've not seen a lot, maybe it was just bad luck with the ones I saw.

Edited by caze