IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

just finished watching the knick (great), the comeback s1 and 2 (ok) and the leftovers (completely forgettable).

tried getting into marco polo. lasted 2 and a half episodes before realizing how bored i was and how little i cared about any of the characters. wtf netflix? this is supposed to be the most expensive tv series ever? felt like i was watching xena the warrior princess at times.

did you watch S1 and 2 of the comeback back to back? I'm curious how you felt about the difference in quality between the seasons. I saw S1 when it aired, and while it did have elements of curb your enthusiasm it felt relatively fresh and original. When s2 started I had high hopes but it sort of petered out for me, it felt too much like a rehash of S1.

yeah i watched both back to back. i liked the first one, second one felt a bit redundant but still enjoyable. the 10 year break and introduction of social media etc made it interesting.

Picked up the first season of Boardwalk Empire over the holidays, about halfway in. I like it a lot, Buscemi does a great job. I also picked up the first 2 seasons of Game of Thrones to see what all the hype is about, haven't really started those yet though.

Mr. Show will begin filming a new season in 2015.

http://badassdigest.com/2015/01/07/david-cross-confirms-mr-show-will-film-in-march/

Best sketch-comedy show ever, imo. This is like the comedy Beatles reuniting for me.

:yeah:

Holy fucking shit. Greatest kickstarter ever!!!

9zpQWHm.jpg

started watching this but soon regretted it (like 2 minutes in). terrence howard basically lays down the plan for the entire show within the first minute: hey guys. i'm dying so i need someone to take over my music company. "what are you king lear?" yes. that's exactly what this is.

after that it's a bunch of unnecessary hey-you-never-saw-that-coming-because-it's-pretty-much-pulled-out-of-the-ass scenarios

anyway, this sucks meatballs

9zpQWHm.jpg

started watching this but soon regretted it (like 2 minutes in). terrence howard basically lays down the plan for the entire show within the first minute: hey guys. i'm dying so i need someone to take over my music company. "what are you king lear?" yes. that's exactly what this is.

after that it's a bunch of unnecessary hey-you-never-saw-that-coming-because-it's-pretty-much-pulled-out-of-the-ass scenarios

anyway, this sucks meatballs

I used to like Terrance Howard from Hustle & Flow, but I read he's been arrested repeatedly for beating the shit out of women, yes it's gawker:

http://defamer.gawker.com/the-six-times-terrence-howard-has-been-accused-of-beati-1121955457

Finishing Sherlock, British version. Mostly loved it. I find it unfortunate that they never dare include Sherlock's love of cocaine in the movies or TV shows. Why do you think this guy was thinking and talking so fast? And yet they omit this important detail to be politically correct, while kids of our age are on Ritalin and Adderral. Weird.

^ aw daaaaamn.

could be shopped though, tend to do that.

EDIT: not shopped. just checked. refer to first statement.

Edited by olo

Dunno if I've already asked this and forgot the answer but is Spartacus any fun? My brother won't shut up about it but it looks like 300 made on a student budget.

Edited by tec

watched the miniseries and the first season of battlestar galactica. it was mostly crap and looked awful on blu ray, don't think i'll bother continuing. is this supposed to be the best space opera ever made or something?

I watched the first episode of Deadwood but I realize I'm going to have to watch it over since i lost track of it already. It seems gnar so far and they say cocksucker a lot.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

No not really, first season was pretty meh all round I thought. Maybe it'll do a Hannibal and knock it out of the park with season two though - has potential but I doubt it

I liked everything in S1 except the quick death of Mr Proteus (Frankenstein's Monster No. 1) it was such a fresh interpretation of Shelley's tale, but they seem to love killing off characters in the last min or two of episodes.

Agent Carter is crap, but Haley Atwell has great tits.

I liked the first two episodes. The third one lost some steam. And yes, Atwell is charming.

Watched the pilot for the Amazon series, The Man in the High Castle. Looked interesting and I would probably check it out if it becomes a series. Haven't read the book. The opening title was neat looking.