IGNORED

David Cronenberg - Cosmopolis

Redruth

Yes! I enjoyed A Dangerous Method, but man have I been hungry for this side of Cronenberg.

contrary to popular opinion, i also liked 'a dangerous method'. i noticed that you watched 'eXistenZ' recently, was that your first time?

This was my first time with eXistenZ... not sure why I put it off for so long as I did buy the DVD, maybe, 6 years ago.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

man i fucking hated A Dangerous Method and thought it was complete garbage but im still a Cronenberg fan. Will see this one for sure.

at least the Enter the Void titles crew are getting some work!

Aye, hopefully the cinematography in the actual film isn't quite as Noe styled as the trailer makes out. I'm sure it wont be - trailer people can be quite misleading with their productions sometimes ...

I almost mentioned before how I thought the trailer looked like Cronenberg's answer to Enter The Void.

I see no connection to Enter the Void spare the credits and even then one could argue Noe borrowed the idea from Godard.

A Dangerous Method was intriguing in parts, especially Vincent Cassell's character. After he was gone, I kept wondering why the movie wasn't about him instead.

But Cosmopolis looks quite good and gnarly. Never read anything by DeLillo, but I'll watch this despite the teeny vampire guy.

yay! Fucking crazy trailer. Hope this helps Pattinson get away from being typecasted. Cronenberg will hopefully fuck our minds properly with this. :happy:

Underworld is a little higher imho. I actually like Libra more than his other novels!

But in a way, I can totally see Cosmopolis (the book) shot this way, some sort of crazy world where humanity is irrelevant.

...delillo's best.

White Noise

his most iconic maybe. the names is probably his best work.

Finished White Noise a few months back.... my first from Delillo and enjoyed it very much.

cheesily bad rubber creatures? Check.

badly timed but excessive gore? Check

sparkly vampi-*screeeaaatchhhhh!* wth?

Anyhoo, looks like another Cronenberg. Hope it's a good one. Also totally agree about his performance in Nightbreed, I saw that in theaters as a young'un and the main thing I took away from it was how creepy he was, didn't know until years later he was a director too. Probably one of the most impressive director-actors (though perhaps not in Welles' class, hard to say since I've mostly seen him in B movies...)

I also liked Eastern Promises quite a bit, History of Violence less so.

I see no connection to Enter the Void spare the credits and even then one could argue Noe borrowed the idea from Godard.

That's probably why I didn't post it before. I figured you would jump up my ass, shouting "GODARD GODDARD GODARD!!".

Underworld is a little higher imho. I actually like Libra more than his other novels!

But in a way, I can totally see Cosmopolis (the book) shot this way, some sort of crazy world where humanity is irrelevant.

Libra is pretty underrated.

I haven't read Cosmopolis, or any post-Underworld DeLillo. I was planning on getting to Falling Man before Cosmopolis, but Cronenberg might cause a reshuffling of priorities.

That's probably why I didn't post it before. I figured you would jump up my ass, shouting "GODARD GODDARD GODARD!!".

:flower:

Guest nowyouknow

i love cronemberg, i've liked all the movies he made since videodrome. but i want a movie more SF/horror/strange, back to basics!

...delillo's best.

White Noise

his most iconic maybe. the names is probably his best work.

Finished White Noise a few months back.... my first from Delillo and enjoyed it very much.

OT, but wtf, had this one for years and never bothered to even open it. will give a chance now.

Man that trailer makes the film look completely different from the previous one. Looks well good !

yeah I had the same impression. I am really curious how it will turn out in the end

• 5 months later...

Archived