IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

I love their Yin imperial stout. It was made to be a black and tan that goes with their Yang IPA, but I prefer it alone. It has an oddly high amount of carbonation.

2013-05-15202937.jpg

Also last night I had Accumulation IPA, draught. Really nutty, light, drinkable IPA.

accumulation_airstream_bottle_large.png

If you're into it, there was an interesting article recently about the twin brothers that hate each other and run Mikkeller and Evil Twin brewing companies. I haven't had the Yin either, but Evil Twin has some delicious beers. Imperial Biscotti Break, Hipster pale Ale, Falco, and Molotov Cocktail are all awesome and there's even more to try.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/30/magazine/a-fight-is-brewing.html?_r=0

Currently sipping some Makers Mark on the rocks. Had a few New Belgium Ranger IPAs and Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ales earlier.

Edited by hautlle

those Ranger IPAs are pretty good. i picked up a pack of sierra nevada's "torpedo extra IPA" tonight, and man, this beer is over the top with hops, not even that enjoyable -- so i gave one to a dude on the bus, he traded me a t-shirt :sup:

Mikeller and Evil Twin are usually on the same shelf. By far the most expensive things in the beer store besides sone fancy Flemish reds/sours. Why so expensive. You crazy

u6aryhe9.jpg

At the Stone Brewery outlet, trying the 2014 imperial stout.

Edit: it's fucking great.

Time to fill the growler.

Edited by baph

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Al Hounos

^Congrats on the beer and the job.

Any homebrewers on WATMM? I'm enjoying the last few bottles of my first brew - a nut brown ale. surprisingly good!

post-2631-0-71871100-1398138443_thumb.jpg

How is La Fin du Monde? I've always wanted to get it, even though I don't really like Tripels and I don't have any good reason to want to get it. It just kind of caught my fancy one day.

Any homebrewers on WATMM? I'm enjoying the last few bottles of my first brew - a nut brown ale. surprisingly good!

I've been homebrewing for about 3 years now. I'm the VP of my cities homebrew club, and I started a homebrew thread here on watmm long ago. Let's get it going once again!

I've currently got an English Mild and a nice American Pale Ale I'm drinking. I have a batch of an American Farmhouse/Wild ale w/ Brett that's been aging (I honestly really need to bottle it at this point, the FG has been steady for over a month).

I need to get back on brewing more often as I'm planning on having at least 4 batches for my wedding reception in June...

Edited by hautlle

Thanks! I don't homebrew but my friend does, so I enjoyed his projects. He accidents are even good - awhile back I drank a hop-heavy hefeweizen that I dubbed a "hoppyweizen."

He's also moved up to become a brewmaster at Real Ale, who just had an 18th anniversary which featured cask beers. He helped them develop this (big collaboration effort), and it's excellent. Imperial + IPA.

1649NN.St.117.jpeg

How is La Fin du Monde? I've always wanted to get it, even though I don't really like Tripels and I don't have any good reason to want to get it. It just kind of caught my fancy one day.

I liked it, and I prefer Dark Belgians. If you're not a Tripel fan I'd put it on the backburner.

New job today, drinking this to celebrate. Held on to it for this very occasion.

this is a great beer. One of my regular drinkers actually.

It's very good!

Everything I've had by that brewery is good, actually. Le-Terrible especially.

New job today, drinking this to celebrate. Held on to it for this very occasion.

It's very good!

i think trois pistoles would be my go-to at unibroue

they make this stuff close to where I liveommegangselection.jpg

almost every ommegang beer i've had is a 9/10 - 10/10.

It's very good!

i think trois pistoles would be my go-to at unibroue

Me too actually, now that I think about it. When I consider price+flavour + drunk factour, trois pistoles is my favorite overall.

ommegang means satanic drunk town feast in ancient urban west flemish!

never saw these in in a belgium beer store before, some west flemish pagan pimp farmers are getting money abroad

on beers, i'm totally hooked on rochefort 10°, they sell cases 2 min from my home for a good price, i don't even wanne try the other beers cause i know it won't be as good as this crack nectar,

it says 10° and it's 11° lol and i swear they put babyblood in it cause after 3 minutes it's out and you long for another one, after 3 you are officially shitfucked, this is the shit for me

weed and rochefort till i die

rochefort10.jpg

babyblood does that to me too. I got so hooked on it after awhile I had to be put on the drip... went through rehab and had to take oxy to prevent the withdrawal..

I'll never be the same. Babyblood - not even once.

almost every ommegang beer i've had is a 9/10 - 10/10.

they're delicious... a lil expensive but worth it. I have yet to check the brewery in Cooperstown out. they have lots of events and concerts.... but my work schedule doesn't make it easy to attend

Edited by Icct

Three Philosophers and Abbey Ale are very good.

Ivan Ooze don't make fun of our ommegang; your mind is corrupted by readily available rochefort 10 and ugly houses and those fries that are cooked an extra time so that they taste a thousand times better somehow.

Edit: please fly me to your magical land

Edited by baph

I've had Three Philosophers at a beer tasting, can't remember at all what it tasted like but I do remember liking it a lot, and people being pretty worked up over it.