IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

super mario cats for wii u with the missus. seems okay so far but not loving it as much as i thought i would. the camera/perspective seem really weird to me and it generally seems to stay zoomed out too far for a 3d game but my vision is also getting pretty shitty lately

LOL @ "Super Mario Cats" - that should have been the name instead of Super Mario 3D World Wii U.

The game is very long and very satisfying - especially if you are a completist when it comes to these kind of games.

rad. we just got the wii u about a month ago and blazed through 100%ing nsmbu together. if it's at least as long as that i'll be satisfied although so far it's seemed pretty easy and we burned through the first two worlds pretty quickly

I'd say it's longer... the most annoying thing is completing it with all 5 characters... yes, there is a hidden character. Won't spoil it if you don't already know.

you mean at once? 5th character? ;O

Continuing to make progress through Dark Souls, I was trudging through Anor Londo (those sentinels are a bitch), got to the church, summoned a couple other sunbro's and we fucking owned Smough and Ornstein... Had a definite "fuck yeah!" moment as I feel I contributed a lot to the battle on my own, definitely rewarding. Went on and killed Sif solo after like 2 tries (definitely another "fuck yeah!").. Now onwards to New Londo Ruins!

super mario cats for wii u with the missus. seems okay so far but not loving it as much as i thought i would. the camera/perspective seem really weird to me and it generally seems to stay zoomed out too far for a 3d game but my vision is also getting pretty shitty lately

LOL @ "Super Mario Cats" - that should have been the name instead of Super Mario 3D World Wii U.

The game is very long and very satisfying - especially if you are a completist when it comes to these kind of games.

rad. we just got the wii u about a month ago and blazed through 100%ing nsmbu together. if it's at least as long as that i'll be satisfied although so far it's seemed pretty easy and we burned through the first two worlds pretty quickly

I'd say it's longer... the most annoying thing is completing it with all 5 characters... yes, there is a hidden character. Won't spoil it if you don't already know.

you mean at once? 5th character? ;O

Not at once, but you must complete each map with each character...

we fucking owned Smough and Ornstein...

Congrats man, supposedly the hardest boss(es) in the game. Though I actually had the most difficulty with Knight Artorias

i just bought call of duty black ops 2 for wii u and i'm playing it and the disc is constantly spinning and thinking. a bit noisey i think. is it normal?

Yes it will spin constantly unless playing a game off the HD. Did your game disc update the new DLC?

i'm not sure, it did do an update when i first put it in.

how can i make sure i get it? and how?

If it says preparing update you're good. Check for Nuketown in your DLC, if it's there you're complete.

Mercedes Mario Kart 8 DLC out today in N America, 3 new karts incl. a classic Mercedes racing model

i am -a-o-k

I'm getting excited just looking at this:

d0r9zrpb3zahtsa502co.gif

wfx15ry37h47akqihp7w.gif

I want Bloodborne in my eyeballs right now. hope people's expectations of an eventual PC port come to fruition.

Edited by usagi

Continuing to make progress through Dark Souls, I was trudging through Anor Londo (those sentinels are a bitch), got to the church, summoned a couple other sunbro's and we fucking owned Smough and Ornstein... Had a definite "fuck yeah!" moment as I feel I contributed a lot to the battle on my own, definitely rewarding. Went on and killed Sif solo after like 2 tries (definitely another "fuck yeah!").. Now onwards to New Londo Ruins!

Man, summoning on your first playthrough is no fun. That's easy mode

edit: In my opinion

Edited by ThatSpanishGuy

I'm getting excited just looking at this:

d0r9zrpb3zahtsa502co.gif

wfx15ry37h47akqihp7w.gif

I want Bloodborne in my eyeballs right now. hope people's expectations of an eventual PC port come to fruition.

Yeah, there's a six-minute long gameplay video that really shows off what it will be like. Is it just me, or are the visuals slightly better than PS3 Dark Souls II? I know it's early, but with games like InFamous: Second Son and others really upping the bar for graphic quality on PS4, I would expect this to look a bit nicer... still very nice though!

I really hate it when a game doesn't follow its own rules.

For instance, this beam is strong enough to pick up a grown woman. A grown woman is heavy enough to push down a button. But this beam isn't strong enough to push down a button? Wat.

post-175-0-60378500-1409238356_thumb.png

So white kids with waaay too much time on their hands have a new prank called "swatting" where if you're a sore loser on video games, just put in a fake 911 call to your oponent's house, and watch the SWAT shenanigans ensue. Seriously how fucked up is America?

http://www.businessinsider.com/swatting-colorado-2014-8

So white kids with waaay too much time on their hands have a new prank called "swatting" where if you're a sore loser on video games, just put in a fake 911 call to your oponent's house, and watch the SWAT shenanigans ensue. Seriously how fucked up is America?

http://www.businessinsider.com/swatting-colorado-2014-8

Not long ago one of these "swatters" was arrested. Don't know what happened to him, though

For instance, this beam is strong enough to pick up a grown woman. A grown woman is heavy enough to push down a button. But this beam isn't strong enough to push down a button? Wat.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-08-21 at 12.33.45 AM.png

The beam can lift, not repel or push. Simple.

Man, summoning on your first playthrough is no fun. That's easy mode

edit: In my opinion

That's the only boss I've summoned for if that's any redemption.... I went on and killed Sif, The 4 Kings, and Seath solo

The beam can lift, not repel or push. Simple.

In that particular puzzle, you stand on a button that reverses the beam, but it doesn't push the button down with the same force it would need to pick you up.

In fact, in that same puzzle, you have to use the reverse beam to knock over a turret.

I have never noticed that, but you're right. The beam should be able to push the button. I hope that does not bother you enough to make you not enjoy the game though.

By the way, if we're bragging about O&S, I did kill them in NG++... Smough first

Edited by ThatSpanishGuy

It didn't taint my opinion of the game at all. It's a great game, but a couple of the puzzles were definitely not designed as well as others.

Guest jasondonervan

Just ordered a PS4 with Destiny, Driveclub, FIFA, Metro and CoD: Ghosts. My girlfriend is going to kill me.

But WATMM approves, so it's all good

Team WATMM Drive Club, anyone? Representing the IDMz on the virtual highway, fresh Syro sounds pounding from the car stereo...

Guest jasondonervan

Oh man, Yakuza 0 announced, which will be a prequel set in (or at least start in) Dec 1988... with a young Kazuma! SOLD

Yakuza-0_2014_08-28-14_003.jpg

Yakuza-0_2014_08-28-14_007.jpg

Yakuza-0_2014_08-28-14_008.jpg

Yakuza-0_2014_08-28-14_010.jpg

Yakuza-0_2014_08-28-14_011.jpg

Yakuza-0_2014_08-28-14_002.jpg

Just ordered a PS4 with Destiny, Driveclub, FIFA, Metro and CoD: Ghosts. My girlfriend is going to kill me.

But WATMM approves, so it's all good

Team WATMM Drive Club, anyone? Representing the IDMz on the virtual highway, fresh Syro sounds pounding from the car stereo...

No Destiny task force? Enforcing one planet at a time to approve Syro.