IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

If he's talking about All-4-One then I can understand why it was kinda boring: designed for four player endless pummelling, not so much one player story fun.

Still completed it though.

Hitman Go is great. Putting the hitman into a chess style grid where he has to move around his targets like a board game puzzle style strategy doesn't sound very Hitman, but it's addictive, i spent an hour and a half at work today stuck on level 14. I just can't find any possible way to get round the henchmen grab the suitcase and kill the mark. More brain power required.

If he's talking about All-4-One then I can understand why it was kinda boring: designed for four player endless pummelling, not so much one player story fun.

No, it was Ratchet and Clank: Future - A Crack In Time. zzzzz.

Keep in mind I had played all the previous R&C:F games on PS3 prior to that, so I guess I was just personally burnt out on the series. I'll wait until it goes bargain (digital) bin for 20 USD or less and pick it up on a lark. Platformers are getting more and more rare these days, despite the indy game market trying to revive them to an extent.

Keep in mind I had played all the previous R&C:F games on PS3 prior to that, so I guess I was just personally burnt out on the series. I'll wait until it goes bargain (digital) bin for 20 USD or less and pick it up on a lark. Platformers are getting more and more rare these days, despite the indy game market trying to revive them to an extent.

my new copy from amazon cost me $34 two days ago

Into the Nexus was the last one, but I still agree with what you're saying.

Hitman Go is great. Putting the hitman into a chess style grid where he has to move around his targets like a board game puzzle style strategy doesn't sound very Hitman, but it's addictive, i spent an hour and a half at work today stuck on level 14. I just can't find any possible way to get round the henchmen grab the suitcase and kill the mark. More brain power required.

Hell yeah, that's one of the best games I've played on my phone. Lara Croft GO is good too! Same kind of gameplay, bigger levels.

STILL playing The Witcher 3. Good god this game is long. I have a tendency to try to complete everything in RPGs, and this game is finally making me give up. But but but what if I miss something? Life is too short to play this game twice.

Picked up Dark Souls 3, made it to the first proper area, and technically made it to the 2nd bonfire, but I didn't realize it was a new bonfire (it appeared already lit?) so now tomorrow I'll be doing the same thing over again. I'm enjoying it though, has that proper DS1 atmosphere, and the faster more bloodborne-like combat is pretty damn fun and challenging.

Agreed ghOsty. I'm about 12ish hours in right now, and I've talked to about 10 NPCs so far which are mostly really interesting. I have multiple weapons that are good and I enjoy using/learning, a little bit of cool armor, and I know I've got another 60+ hours of gameplay, easily. Loving the game so much so far. Challenging yet fair, but I've heard the difficulty ramps up about midway through the game.

sent using magic space waves

Guest bitroast

i'm scared of the difficulty ramp.

i've played ... demons souls, dark souls 1, dark souls 2, bloodborne...

find most easy enough now except the DLC for Dark Souls 1 + 2 + BB i found pretty hard. infact, the DLC for Dark Souls 2 i still haven't made much a dent on... i couldn't beat the boss at the end of bloodborne dlc either but that was on NG+ so hopefully it wasn't thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat bad.

any how... i'm hoping this game maintains it's difficult-but-fair difficutly. overall it's been pretty fucking solid (just at the start of the 3rd area now (3rd if you count the initial chunk as a tutorial, then the castle area as first area).

i'm scared of the difficulty ramp.

i've played ... demons souls, dark souls 1, dark souls 2, bloodborne...

find most easy enough now except the DLC for Dark Souls 1 + 2 + BB i found pretty hard. infact, the DLC for Dark Souls 2 i still haven't made much a dent on... i couldn't beat the boss at the end of bloodborne dlc either but that was on NG+ so hopefully it wasn't thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat bad.

any how... i'm hoping this game maintains it's difficult-but-fair difficutly. overall it's been pretty fucking solid (just at the start of the 3rd area now (3rd if you count the initial chunk as a tutorial, then the castle area as first area).

The only difficulty regarding DS 2 DLC bosses was the amount of HP they had. Slugging out against that toxic dragon was a nightmare. However, to contradict myself, Fume Knight was fucking nails.

Edited by NorthernFusion

my new copy from amazon cost me $34 two days ago

That's right - the game is only 39.99 versus the 60 for new releases...

So far loving DS3 - currently fighting these guys (in spoiler tag in case you are not that far in yet:

But it's a new release too? I just don't understand the "thriftiness" of waiting for months to play it when it only costs 12 more right now.

I usually wait on most (not all) big releases to drop in price... I had forgotten that R&C was only 40 to start with. I'd pick it up, but right now my hands are full with DS3, and shortly after that, Uncharted 4.

Speaking of which, I was in Target last night, and came across this beauty - might be my favourite DS4 next to the 20th Anniversary DS4 controller:

122143b1.jpg

doom beta feels entirely weightless. "hollow" as described by ivan seems apt. not doing much for me. the ridiculous taunts/dances are completely out of place. announcer is incredibly lame. in the overwatch beta this weekend too. not used to playing fps w/keyboard and mouse but seems significantly more fun and should be enjoyable on console

Doom Beta is basically Halo 6

They kept talking about making it all "retro" and shit but it would be nice if everyone at least scrambled for weapons on the map instead of there being loadouts

right? from the first mp trailer i saw i got a really good q3 feeling with hints of cod. in actuality it's more of a further dumbed down cod with a vague doomlike veneer on top.

man i miss the scramble

they should just release quake live on ps4 =\

Doom Beta is multiplayer only right?

The main release is just a month away, though I'm still on the fence whether to buy it right away or wait for the reviews first.

EDIT: F u page brek

Edited by ambermonk

Dark Souls 3 is off the hook. It's fairly standard Dark Souls but everything has been improved, it looks great and the gameplay is just terrific. I'm amazed at the variation so far, every new area there's entirely new kinds of enemies and challenges. It's just as tough as it needs to be. Some of the one-off duel guys are not fucking around. Insanely fun.

I started a warrior and went at it with a classic shield and sword setup, until things got tough around Road of Sacrifices and I started exploiting mobility. Running out of stamina was a real problem. Now my level 30ish dude is brandishing a two-handed battle axe and wearing nothing but a sorcerer's hood and some light pants, proper medieval execution style. Guys are literally running off of cliffs trying to catch those dodges, and the 400 damage from the heavy attacks is ruthless when timed right.

Edited by chim

I have BL2 as well, but only on PC : /

I finally beat Hyper Light Drifter just now. Started the game feeling like a wimp, and ended the game feeling like a badass.
Not sure yet exactly when it's coming to consoles, but if you love the Metroid, Legend of Zelda, and Dark Souls games, it's right up your alley. Last I heard was "Summer 2016" console release.

I'm definitely looking forward to HLD for consoles, summer is okay. Glad to hear you enjoyed it, and the little I've seen of it so far looks plenty solid. I'm way too into Dark Soul 3 right now to even consider any other games...hell, I don't want to do anything else since it came out. It's kind of sad, but I really am enjoying it that much. In the catacombs now :)

sent using magic space waves