IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I used to have both devices, but now only have one. Gave my DS Lite to a friend as a farewell gift last September, since I haven't used it in ages anyway.

Tried the Terminator: Resistance game last night, the one that came out two months ago. It's supposed to be special in that it's a faithful tribute to the first two films, though I haven't watched either. About as mediocre as I expected so far, but I'll continue regardless. Plays like a truncated modern Fallout game basically. Even has nearly identical lockpicking mechanics.

Edited by ambergonk

I'm currently playing Divinity: Original Sin 2, damn amazing and engaging rpg battle system. I actually look forward to playing it at night which really hasn't been a thing since my early teens.

It's basically Baldur's Gate 2 on steroids. Thus far BG2 has the better story but Divinity definitely has the better battle system. But of course it wouldn't exist without BG2, so.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

I'm currently playing Divinity: Original Sin 2, damn amazing and engaging rpg battle system. I actually look forward to playing it at night which really hasn't been a thing since my early teens.

It's basically Baldur's Gate 2 on steroids. Thus far BG2 has the better story but Divinity definitely has the better battle system. But of course it wouldn't exist without BG2, so.

Did you play the games before it? Divine Divinity 1 & Beyond Divinity? They were essentially BG games like Icewind Dale...  Beyond Divinity was just as good.... I felt like it fell off after that including Divinity II and Original Sin. =(

Maybe I just need to revisit. But if you enjoyed the BG games, if you haven't played Icewind Dale give that a shot + Tyranny. Once you're done with Original Sin 2 of course. Surprised to see someone else on the watmms that enjoy those games tbh.

Edit: I imagine you've played all of these, sorry. Just got excited to see someone else playing a classic lol.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Did you play the games before it? Divine Divinity 1 & Beyond Divinity? They were essentially BG games like Icewind Dale...  Beyond Divinity was just as good.... I felt like it fell off after that including Divinity II and Original Sin. =(

Maybe I just need to revisit. But if you enjoyed the BG games, if you haven't played Icewind Dale give that a shot + Tyranny. Once you're done with Original Sin 2 of course. Surprised to see someone else on the watmms that enjoy those games tbh.

Edit: I imagine you've played all of these, sorry. Just got excited to see someone else playing a classic lol.

Actually no I haven't. I had no clue about Larian Studios until I saw they were doing BG3, and now that I've played DOS 2 a bit (in the second act on explorer mode) I am super excited to see the best possible studio is making BG 3.

Decided to check them out and I'm wondering how in the world I've never heard of at least Original Sin 1 and 2. Every time I've looked up "Games like Baldur's Gate" I'll see Icewind Dale or Planescape Torment, but I just recently found out about Divinity like 2 months ago.

I remember you recommending some games like BG2 to me before, but I don't know if you recommended OS 2. Do you really not like Original Sin 2? It Feels like I'm playing 3D chess with RPG mechanics.

I still haven't played Icewind Dale, and I almost beat Planescape Torment, but my save folder corrupted randomly toward the end. So I need to tackle that one again.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I absolutely love these kind of games too. 
For me it all started with Neverwinter Nights. Played it a bit too much maybe; I still regularly have flashbacks to that game. ?
Right now I'm playing Divinity Original Sin in Split-Screen with the gf on pc. We both control 2 characters. The battles are really fun as you can come up with some awesome tactics and combos together. Can highly recommend playing it with 2. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, yekker said:

angry video game nerd 1 and 2 deluxe coming to the switch and steam. :music:

I keep meaning to get around to those at some point. They look really fun (and frustrating)

Dragon Quest 11 and Pokémon are the gifts that just keep on giving.  Was gonna give Tokyo Mirage Sessions a try bc of the Fire Emblem crossover, but the combat seems unbearable.  There's also an official Nintendo Mario Kart 8 DX tournament currently happening, code: 2403-5150-5963

On 1/18/2020 at 12:12 PM, ambergonk said:

Latest update/pre-alpha demo of Nightdive Studios' System Shock reboot (1.5 hours tho)

I keep getting confused because a remake of System Shock 1 is coming out in addition to System Shock 3.