IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

7 hours ago, Gocab said:

The expansions are good stuff, definitely give them a shot.

They are. Best DLC ever, actually good fresh content to the main game. I especially loved Blood & Wine as it brought a whole new map with to the game with sidequests and all.
I'm currently playing Witcher 3 for the third time and it's still fun. Last time I played I actually got a bad ending with Ciri dying. It felt pretty depressing. Funny how there are many different choices you can make but sometimes I just can't bear to take the morally wrong choice, even though it would result in something I've never seen before.  
This run I'm going strictly Team Yennefer so IDGAF when Triss is being tortured. Heh.

Edited by Thiefinger
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Apparently, it's selling so well it's effectively sold out in UK and Japan.

You'll see a ton of them for sale used once the fitness resolutions run their course :dadjoke:

I'm having commitment issues lately...of the nerd variety. Just purchased Ravenfield because of its high ratings on Steam. But I barely scratched the surface of The Long Dark. And I still have that constant No Man's Sky itch.

FAK

5 hours ago, ambergonk said:

I'm having commitment issues lately...of the nerd variety. Just purchased Ravenfield because of its high ratings on Steam. But I barely scratched the surface of The Long Dark. And I still have that constant No Man's Sky itch.

FAK

screen_shot_2015-04-16_at_12-22-24.png

Welcome to... adulthood!

I have 125hrs clocked in the last 2 weeks since the new metamorph league started in Path of Exile.  And I recently bought myself one of the new supporter packs which is driving my addiction further. They recently shared a video montage of a few playermade hideouts:

I've been putting some work into my hideout lately, it's nowhere near these levels of effort & creativity, but I'm digging it.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 6:58 PM, cloud capture said:

I have 125hrs clocked in the last 2 weeks since the new metamorph league started in Path of Exile.  And I recently bought myself one of the new supporter packs which is driving my addiction further. They recently shared a video montage of a few playermade hideouts:

I've been putting some work into my hideout lately, it's nowhere near these levels of effort & creativity, but I'm digging it.

I played Path for a bit and just couldn’t get into it, I think I need to give it another go. I sunk over 600hrs into grim dawn already, these games and shooters are my kryptonite. Any suggestions for Path since I’m essentially a noob?

also lol 125hrs in two weeks is     i n s a n e ?

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

Hades - An absolutely incredible rogue-lite game.

Slay the spire - Very good, but I'm still quite bad at it. Been watching videos and reading guides because I just don't have the brain to understand optimal deckbuilding and all the other consideration like pathing, upgrade priority, relic interaction. It's very deep and it doesn't hold your hand...

1 hour ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I played Path for a bit and just couldn’t get into it, I think I need to give it another go. I sunk over 600hrs into grim dawn already, these games and shooters are my kryptonite. Any suggestions for Path since I’m essentially a noob?

also lol 125hrs in two weeks is     i n s a n e ?

Grim Dawn is awesome.  I played poe on and off for years and could never get into it either.  I finally gave in a few seasons ago and followed a "league starter guide".  It really helped me get more into the game.  Some good news, Path of exile 2 is coming out this year and it's also going to help a lot with the learning curve for getting into the game.  

• Like 1

another important tool is a program called path of building.  I was pretty reluctant to get into this as well but now I find myself spending a lot of time theory crafting builds.  It's a considerable help as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bubba69 said:

Hades - An absolutely incredible rogue-lite game.

Slay the spire - Very good, but I'm still quite bad at it. Been watching videos and reading guides because I just don't have the brain to understand optimal deckbuilding and all the other consideration like pathing, upgrade priority, relic interaction. It's very deep and it doesn't hold your hand...

I havent done Hades yet but did finish Noita yesterday, or well "finished".. the map is huge... very good rogue-like very hard game

On 12/4/2019 at 9:59 PM, Rubin Farr said:

Anyone playing SW Jedi Fallen Order?  It seems cool, like an updated Jedi Knight, or Force Unleashed.

Searched this thread just to see if anyone else had an opinion on this. Impulse bought it over the weekend:

Stuff to get out of the way (caveats/technical stuffs/etc.)

Not like Force Unleashed, as that's much more a hack-n-slash god mode jedi experience and this is a much more souls style of combat or, perhaps, the Arkham Batman games. I'm playing on Jedi Master and routinely getting my ass handed to me - partly because I insist on trying to play it like FU and not focusing enough on parrying, dodging, and timing. I'm ok with it though, because it's not ultra punishing, and when I successfully ping back a laser beam or defeat a group of storm troopers, it feels earned. You can always switch down the difficulty - which widens the timing for parrying, enemy aggressiveness, etc. 

This has all been said before in reviews but a very metroid-esque set up of labyrinthine levels, the meditating (campfires) restore health etc. at price of enemies respawning (more Souls-stuff). If you die, lose XP and unspent skill points, and have to find enemy that killed you and hit them to regain. Sets up an interesting if painfully OCD triggering rush to find the dude who kicked your ass, and then have it repeatedly kicked another 24 times. Again, not deal breakers, because you don't, like, lose EVERYTHING when you die and, again, one could (theoretically) just shift down the difficulty to "story mode" and just walk through an encounter. Will say the load times are horrible. . . I mean, talking like a full minute or something to reload after dying sometimes. . . though, falling to your death/dying in environmental shits is almost instant. I don't know why. It's the one thing I really have a hard time with (given I have, like 25 minutes a day to game, spending 5 of those reloading is shitty). Some of the platforming stuff is tougher than it should be (I mean, controls aren't precise enough in some very specific circumstances leading to frustration). Visuals on character models during cut scenes are lol AF on the Xbox One-S. 

Impressions 

Quit a lot to love here, particularly in the early goings of the game. People have complained about the protagonist being somewhat flat, but I don't really feel that way at all, particularly given the back story of the character it makes sense that he's reticent. I actually feel like some solid dialogue and character building, in a genre that doesn't always do a good (or even decent) job of it.  I had concerns I was going to hate the "droid companion" but they nailed the "droids are basically dogs" feel with BB1, and he is 100% a helpful companion/good addition and not a detriment. The environments (on the three planets I've encountered) are gorgeous, with a real sense of scale, with changeability across the different planets. I mean, I spent some time last night on a cliff overlooking a massive oceanic just. . ..looking at it. Playing on the S so HDR is on, and I suspect that adds to the cinematic sense. 

I actually have had several moments where I was reminded of, of all things, Shadow of the Colossus. Which I never thought I'd write about a Star Wars game, but there you go. A similar sense of wandering large landscape, places that have, perhaps, been abandoned and/or are alien and ancient. Pastoral mixed with magic mixed with man-made structures. Very cool shit. 

And, of course, it's Star Wars. And, so far, a very well realized Star Wars playground. The sounds, visuals, etc. are on point, and expound on what's familiar in interesting ways. So glad that they went the route they did with the combat - although Force Unleashed was a lot of fun, there is something about the heft and weight of the combat here that is ultra-rewarding. 

Minor technical quibbles aside, so far, it's awesome. Only lament I don't have more time to game, as trying to play this in 15 minute bursts isn't really (IMHOP) the best way to do it. You really need to spend like an hour sort of marinating in it (I think) to enjoy it, particularly when you factor in the potential for dying a fair amount (and the god awful load times).