IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

11 minutes ago, ambergonk said:

Even more Doom Eternal gameplay (cute Caco deaths at 14:54)

I can’t wait! I hope it doesn’t suffer from poor optimization like so many big games lately. Doom 2016 ran well though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I can’t wait! I hope it doesn’t suffer from poor optimization like so many big games lately. Doom 2016 ran well though.

I'm pretty sure - but I could be wrong - they've promised 60 frames across all platforms. But not the Switch of course.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 9:41 PM, Rubin Farr said:

The release of Pokémon Home allows for the transfer of 35 additional characters to Sword / Shield, although it seems glitchy as Hell for now:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/02/you_can_now_get_another_35_pokemon_in_sword_and_shield

what if that is what hell is. People expect fire and brimstone, but it's just a really bad video game that glitches out constantly.

Scourge Bringer is pretty good. Saw it on the xbox game pass (pc) and gave it a shot. Just one more roguelike, but the controls are nice and tight, the art style is great, and the loop is addicting. I suck at it though. 

Fresh progress update from the mod team behind Fallout: The Frontier; a New Vegas mega-mod that takes place in Portland. Looks like this is the closest we'll come to another Fallout game that isn't developed by Bethesda.

Edited by ambergonk

On 2/18/2020 at 7:38 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Looks like the Bioshock Collection is finally coming to Switch, one of my favorites.

Hopefully the port is better than the PS3 originals in quality

Nintendo having another Animal Crossing Direct this Thursday (tomorrow) - I bet they announce new AC Amiibo or bring back the AC Amiibo cards (Series 5)

40 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Hopefully the port is better than the PS3 originals in quality

Nintendo having another Animal Crossing Direct this Thursday (tomorrow) - I bet they announce new AC Amiibo or bring back the AC Amiibo cards (Series 5)

hopefully, Bioshock Collection is based on the remastered collection for PS4, who knows what the Switch can handle, and will it all be on the card, or multiple downloads? (like that bullshit RE4 "package")

No Man's Sky (another game I never shut up about) just got another intriguing update; organic starships. AKA Sentient Vessels, per their official designation.

As for Doom Eternal...one more month. The temptation to buy a new desktop PC in preparation is getting stronger.

• Like 1

I have been playing alot of tf2 lately, I like to spend inordinate amounts of time on randomizer+x10 servers trying to complete objectives... feels like a moba on steroids.. good fun.

There is a surprising amount of people playing on these which is cool, hope the servers stay up for a long time..

Finished Jedi: Fallen Order. Fantastic. Both surprising and a bit disappointing to hear that it sounds like they were forced to meet a deadline to release and would have preferred to let it cook longer. Surprising because what's there is a wonderful game on it's own, and an amazing Star Wars game to boot. Disappointing because there is a final layer of polish missing that would make it A+++ and one wonders how much more they could have done with a little extra time. Inevitable (one hopes) sequel = a must buy. 

Continuing to procrastinate/put off studying and general adult responsibilities by playing: 

Control_2-1024x640.jpg

So, basically, House of Leaves meets Remedy's gameplay formula. They totally nail the feel of the powers (which are, essentially, Force powers) in a way that I think gameplay videos don't actually do justice to. The look/feel/aesthetic are top notch. It's B+ because: although almost all of the story and aspects of the house are well done, there is some real ham-fisted shit in the main storyline. While the rest of the game does some fanstastic show don't tell, it's like they were afraid context wouldn't be enough in the main dialogue so a lot of it is unnecessarily forced exposition. And - technical shits: Long load times and infrequent but annoying stutters on Xbox One S. Remedy games always seems to have this issue so not unprepared, merely annoyed. Turning off motion blur made this 65% more playable. 

Don't get me wrong, it's great. For those who like their game worlds hallucinogenic this game delivers and I'm constantly impressed by the decisions made to build a game that is constantly introducing new and interesting elements that feel both unique and in support of a greater framework. The pleasure of

Spoiler

levitating into the air, force grabbing a chunk of concrete and slamming it into an enemy 

literally never gets old. There is a weight and heft to everything that is palpable, buoyed by the responsiveness of the environment. 

Ultimately, I can't wait to play this game as backwards compatible on Xbox Series X when the processing power of that box removes the technical niggles that prevent my ultimate enjoyment. They are planning multiple DLC's for the future, and plan to continue to extend the game in various ways, so I'm also stoked for the future of the franchise.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 9:15 AM, ManjuShri said:

Open-world RPG in Early Access; nice morose tone and necrosteampunk aesthetics a la WH40k and Thief.

https://lovelyhellplace.itch.io/dread-delusion

Looks like a fucking PS1 game... I hope the "retro aesthetic" hasn't evolved from pixel graphics to low-poly low-res textures now...

3 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

The creator of the "Konami code" has passed away ?

also known as the guy that let us beat contra.

even konami babe will dedicate one last game to him implementing "the code". r.i.p

ERuFsjhWAAITwUj?format=jpg&name=medium