IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

4 hours ago, cloud capture said:

So hyped, this week has felt like an eternity

• Like 2

Got this on sale yesterday although i haven't been in the mood to play anything lately, does anyone else ever feel like its a commitment to start up a game?

Shadow of the Erdtree would give me a reason to finally make time for Elden Ring, except I'm detoxing atm.

4 hours ago, GORDO said:

Got this on sale yesterday although i haven't been in the mood to play anything lately, does anyone else ever feel like its a commitment to start up a game?

This game is pretty cool imo.

Chats of sennar was nice. Not much of a challenge and you can brute force some of it but still gives you some "aha!" moments.

--

With all the Elden Ring hype I gave dark souls III a second try. Got to where I was last time, third area, not sure this is for me.

Finished Tears of the Kingdom yesterday and it might be the best Zelda I've ever played - I even think it's better than Ocarina of time which was my personal GOAT.

Now, since I don't want to dive into another 100+ hours long game, I guess I am going to give Demon Souls a shot :gamer:

• Like 1

DS3 kicking my ass but i was patiently going through it, but now onion dude, who i just met, died and that's bumming me out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just finished a blind playthrough of Shadow of the Erdtree, amazing but tough as nails.

Did my best to solo it but had to call in the heavies for a handful of late game bosses.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2024 at 7:18 PM, GORDO said:

DS3 kicking my ass but i was patiently going through it, but now onion dude, who i just met, died and that's bumming me out.

Started a new run. Amazing how much easier it gets once you know some stuff. Almost up to where i was before, I think im gonna make some backups lol.

• Like 1

I've been playing Disgaea 5 a lot recently - trying to level up my guys to the ridiculous stats needed to defeat the optional secret bosses. 

2 hours ago, bronchuseven said:

I've been playing Disgaea 5 a lot recently - trying to level up my guys to the ridiculous stats needed to defeat the optional secret bosses. 

That's an awesome game, never had so much fun grinding levels in a game before, but I had to quit because it was such a huge time sink... Did you try Disgaea 7 ? I wanted to give it a go, as I did not play Disgaea 6 either.

On 6/30/2024 at 3:25 PM, GORDO said:

Started a new run. Amazing how much easier it gets once you know some stuff. Almost up to where i was before, I think im gonna make some backups lol.

DS3 wasn’t bad at all when i played it, i remembered a few rough bosses & areas but not too much…once a play style + a little leveling we’re under my belt, it was mostly just good fun from there on. been a long time tho…and i got my ass kicked in some early areas hard for sure. good game all around.

ive been playing some Cities Skylines (1, not touched the sequel, seems to be a mess…) over the last few weeks. kinda wind down/mindless sorta thing is nice.

I beat Rise of the Ronin. Managed to do it without parrying. It wasn't as hard as I was expecting. Good Assassin's Creed style game. 

I have the System Shock remake next on tap.

On 7/6/2024 at 4:10 PM, Stock said:

That's an awesome game, never had so much fun grinding levels in a game before, but I had to quit because it was such a huge time sink... Did you try Disgaea 7 ? I wanted to give it a go, as I did not play Disgaea 6 either.

It certainly can rob you of all your free time! Grinding is very enjoyable though, I agree. I haven't tried 7 yet, but have heard good things. 

• Like 1

Started a new playthrough of Celeste (giving DS3 a break for now) don't remember the game having such great music, particularly some of the bsides.

• Like 2

I finally beat the System Shock remake. The PS5 version runs well, but the consumable and throwable shortcuts don't work, which made the boss fights harder. Loved the game overall, but some of the final boss fights were annoying.

This was a longer game than I anticipated, so excited to get back to the backlog.