IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Well, you're partially right, to date, only Smash Bros lets you read/write to an Amiibo (which only holds 500k of data so not much) which is what erases the data.

Example: I level up Link to 50 on my console, then proceed to take him to Joyrex's house to kick his ass. Whoops! When I load it on his console, reset to level 1. The other games like Mario Kart & Hyrule Warriors read data only, so even just one Amiibo can unlock those upgrades across infinite copies of the games.

IE, I could unlock MK costumes & Link Spinners all day, then take him back to SSB, and he would be intact level 50. It looks like the next game to write data is Mario Party 10, but why bother.

So the Fire Emblem unlocks are just reads, they won't fuck up your Smash roster. One cool thing, the FE figures suffer "permadeath" where you have to rescan after every battle if they're killed.

Guest trananhhung

Just reinstalled Doom 3 for a trip down memory lane. The gunplay TOTALLY doesn't hold up at all (lots of just hiding on the other side of a door with a shotgun to blast the non-AI when they come wandering through), but as an aesthetic audio/visual experience it's still quite excellent. I remember back when it first came out I was playing on low/medium settings at 800 x 600, now rocking ultra everything with 4x AA at 1600 x 900.

:wub: PC gaming.

I bought on steam sale. It doesn't hold up at all. But if you give me glquake I can stick with that for 10 hours non stop

Preordered resident evil remake for pc. Looking forward to that. Still need to fish stick of truth, Alan wake and binary domain on my steam list.

Yeah I gave up on Doom 3 a few levels in. The thing I liked about it most was the atmospheric sound design. It's still top notch, but after playing Far Cry & Borderlands for hundreds of hours that shooting in Doom 3 is frustratingly bad.

I bought on steam sale. It doesn't hold up at all. But if you give me glquake I can stick with that for 10 hours non stop

Aye, the amount of times I've played though Quake over the years - still has such an amazing atmosphere and game mechanics

Girlfriend discovered Octodad last night. Seeing her laughing so much in front of a video game was kind of incredible...trying to train her so we can play it in coop next time !
Bad thing is : I had to lend her my computer...I'm glad she's already at half of the game !!

Aye, the amount of times I've played though Quake over the years - still has such an amazing atmosphere and game mechanics

Quake II. Such good memories. First online game I've ever played. And that soundtrack.. Still great.

Guest trananhhung

I liked q2 but my computer didn't have enough ram for that beast and loading times where a pain. I was using a powervr so graphics were cool. I still prefer the medieval horror of quake by a long shot.

Only a decade later I found a game with such vibe: demons souls.

I wanna play Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon again. I think it's both the best and the most underrated in the series, though I haven't played the fourth one.

Just something comforting about that intentionally cheesy '80s vibe and dry humor

Edited by ambermonk

Guest trananhhung

Played the resident evil REmake on pc this morning for 30 minutes. Played it on GC 10!years ago. Unbelievable job they did there. Fantastic port. Best survival horror game in the planet. 10/10

beat all the missions in ground zeroes. unlocked all outfits. so very very good. hard to believe it looks that good on ps4 and runs at a steady framerate (99% of the time at least).

question about boi. i have it for free on ps4 from plus and thought it granted it to me free on vita as well. can't find it on my dl list anywhere though and searching for it in the store it's trying to charge me $14.99? also i find mom to be a very hard boss to beat w/o having an exceptional loadout. have legit beaten her only once and have gotten past her one other time with the level skip shovel. find that i do the best with azazel but kind of feel like it's cheating ;\

still grinding through d3 on normal (aka extra easy)

FInally went through Batman Arkham Asylum and now going through Arkham City. Not so fond of the combat mechanics but otherwise, wow yeah, these games are awesome! I loved the sequences with the Scarecrow (not the platform moments, the psychedelic ones). Really thought my laptop was dying and it reminded me of MGS somehow.

After that I don't tink I'll be able to run Origins really. Not even talking about Arkham Knight... Man I hate all of this about modern gaming. Intense planned obsolescence.

Playing The Long Dark, eagerly awaiting the next update. 20 days of survival under my belt. For an alpha/early access this game is wonderful.

TheLongDark_LakeSunset.jpg

Some guys made a live action trailer for it.

Edited by Richy

Played the resident evil REmake on pc this morning for 30 minutes. Played it on GC 10!years ago. Unbelievable job they did there. Fantastic port. Best survival horror game in the planet. 10/10

Man haven't played that for ages, will put it in my steam list and wait for a sale with glee. Controller support OK? Not using controller? My laptop has a shit keyboard.

Guest trananhhung

I'm using Xbox 360 controller on win8 via bootcamp. My iMac runs it flawlessly at 720p. Got to Lisa's cabin. Again, best survival horror game you can get. I hope they sell loads so that Capcom understands there's still an audience for the lush fixed camera pre rendered backgrounds. Nothing comes close to the atmosphere this game has.

I dunno if they significantly upped the challenge for Isaac: Rebirth or if I'm just getting shittier at games these days but my win streak is like -50 right now. Several times I've made it to mom with full health and a nice build and just died in a few seconds because the screen fills up with monsters that rush you + stomping feet + slapping hands. I got pretty good at the original flash version but so far I've only gotten to the womb once in this version. I'm not even playing on the new "hard" mode. It's kind of making me not want to play it any more... my days of finding self-inflicted frustration through gaming to be fun are long behind me.

Im finding it reasonably ok. steam says ive spent 160 hours, but loads of that is it sitting open while i do other things. i think the most important thing is to not be scared to throw a run after the first two levels if you have shite items. Ive got about 65% of the achievements done anyway, i think im gonna fire through and try and get 100%, and its the first game ive felt compelled to do that with for at least 8 years.

Eve is fun but difficult, ive beaten all the bosses with isaac, azazel, eden, lazarus, cain, and ???, but im really struggling with eve and judas. magdelene just does my nut in with how slow she is.

ive not even started the challenges yet either.