IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I wanna cry a little every time I see this thread pop up . . . I had my PS3 stolen a few months ago and haven't replaced it so I'm missing out on NG of Dark Souls 2 and lots of other games :sad::sad::sad:

Been playing a little of Superbrothers' Sword & Sworcery on my phone though, it's okay so far. But damn I miss a real controller and big games.

Good time to justify buying a PS4 I say! Plus, with Dark Souls II coming out for PS4 in April, *hopefully* gamers' PS3 saves will transfer over (if you had PS+, you could had your save stored in the cloud, so it would be available on a PS4 *if* they allowed save transfers).

Just reinstalled Doom 3 for a trip down memory lane. The gunplay TOTALLY doesn't hold up at all (lots of just hiding on the other side of a door with a shotgun to blast the non-AI when they come wandering through), but as an aesthetic audio/visual experience it's still quite excellent. I remember back when it first came out I was playing on low/medium settings at 800 x 600, now rocking ultra everything with 4x AA at 1600 x 900.

:wub: PC gaming.

Just reinstalled Doom 3 for a trip down memory lane. The gunplay TOTALLY doesn't hold up at all (lots of just hiding on the other side of a door with a shotgun to blast the non-AI when they come wandering through), but as an aesthetic audio/visual experience it's still quite excellent. I remember back when it first came out I was playing on low/medium settings at 800 x 600, now rocking ultra everything with 4x AA at 1600 x 900.

Doom 4 is in the works ;)

I'm playing far cry 3. "someone" motivated me to get it!

I wanna cry a little every time I see this thread pop up . . . I had my PS3 stolen a few months ago and haven't replaced it so I'm missing out on NG of Dark Souls 2 and lots of other games :sad::sad::sad:

Been playing a little of Superbrothers' Sword & Sworcery on my phone though, it's okay so far. But damn I miss a real controller and big games.

Good time to justify buying a PS4 I say! Plus, with Dark Souls II coming out for PS4 in April, *hopefully* gamers' PS3 saves will transfer over (if you had PS+, you could had your save stored in the cloud, so it would be available on a PS4 *if* they allowed save transfers).
Yeah I would definitely upgrade to a PS4 if my saves transferred over (I do have a PS+ account still active), but I really doubt they will. Need to look into that . . .

But Bloodborne is coming soon either way :D

Sent using magic space waves

man, the bullshit @ gamestop just gets deeper & deeper. preordered the Monster Hunter 4 New 3DS XL, and was told "all preorders are now online-only", but I wanted to pick it up in store, you know THE PLACE WHERE THEY DO BUSINESS WITH THEIR NAME IN BIG LETTERS ON THE FRONT. 3 different managers told me the same thing "in order to pick up preorders in store, we must now charge you $17 for one day shipping" for what? carrying it from the stock room to the front? I SO wanted to tell him to fuck off and leave, but it's their exclusive, so what to do? I bit the bullet. goddamn I'm glad I never shop here, it's a fucking pawn shop.

Yeah, Game shops don't really seem to be bothered if they go out of business and everyone just buys PC games / pre-orders from Amazon. Would be a shame though, I do like perusing through games in person.

Holy shit. Rerolled mid-game in BOI:Rebirth and almost all of the points were set to damage. The blast from the attack killed almost everything on-screen in one shot.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-01-13 at 5.00.52 PM.png

All the gray stuff is the blast damage.

You should try Ipecac with quad shots - good lord, the explosions! You can one-shot Satan's first and second forms if you charge it up.

And it looks kind of amazing ! Glad they return to a "big guns to shoot everything" formula !

I started Doom 3 a year ago but had to stop when the skull-arachnoid beasts came out of the walls...That was TOO creepy imo - yeah, I'm kind of a pussy when it comes to creepy stuff !

man, the bullshit @ gamestop just gets deeper & deeper. preordered the Monster Hunter 4 New 3DS XL, and was told "all preorders are now online-only", but I wanted to pick it up in store, you know THE PLACE WHERE THEY DO BUSINESS WITH THEIR NAME IN BIG LETTERS ON THE FRONT. 3 different managers told me the same thing "in order to pick up preorders in store, we must now charge you $17 for one day shipping" for what? carrying it from the stock room to the front? I SO wanted to tell him to fuck off and leave, but it's their exclusive, so what to do? I bit the bullet. goddamn I'm glad I never shop here, it's a fucking pawn shop.

That's some bullshit. I mean, pre-ordering is way overdone imo anyway, but nonetheless that's ridiculous. Fuck a Gamestop.

I remember a couple months ago reading a thing on how they're, surprisingly, still doing good business selling digital shit. I can't even comprehend it really, but I think most everyone buying digital stuff through them are children and the children's parents who don't know any better. One day they'll go out of business, but it's not today.

And it looks kind of amazing ! Glad they return to a "big guns to shoot everything" formula !

I started Doom 3 a year ago but had to stop when the skull-arachnoid beasts came out of the walls...That was TOO creepy imo - yeah, I'm kind of a pussy when it comes to creepy stuff !

Man, if that's too creepy for you, I'd love to see a Let's Play of you going through Silent Hill 3.

@Squee -- there's been no public media stuff for Doom 4, but they had a private showing of it at Quakecon that everyone who attended raved about. Seems like it's gonna be closer to OG Doom/Serious Sam.

For anyone who that sounds appealing to, but didn't see "Brutal Doom" when the craze last swept over WATMM, you should go look it up. It basically takes the original Doom wads, makes the AI way more aggressive, gives it CoD control scheme, and ups all the damage modifiers to compensate. Beautiful mod. Also ridiculously gory with gibs everywhere.

FInally played Diablo 3 on PS4. Very pretty and polished game.. but incredibly easy. Almost broken easy. I understand it has many more modes to play through and apparently gets a lot harder etc. But to play the game first time through on normal and beat hyped bosses in literally 15 seconds seems odd. I died only once and its because I was barely paying attention.

FInally played Diablo 3 on PS4. Very pretty and polished game.. but incredibly easy. Almost broken easy. I understand it has many more modes to play through and apparently gets a lot harder etc. But to play the game first time through on normal and beat hyped bosses in literally 15 seconds seems odd. I died only once and its because I was barely paying attention.

dude i've been playing it 2p... it must be easier because the bosses don't last 10 seconds even. still only part way through act 3 due to busy schedules and my gf's intensely anal desire to completely clear every new area map.

started picking up olliolli on vita again each nite to do the daily grind. usually end up w/a score of 0. such an awesome game though. stoked for pt 2. also started running through duke3d on vita (free on+ this month). didn't remember that there's only 4 enemies in the game apparently

Its apparently the normal diablo difficulty on PC, they nerfed it on consoles to make it appeal to the masses.

You can use Fire Emblem characters in Codename STEAM for 3DS using Amiibos. I knew that Marth would pay off! Lol

Yeah, Nintendo also said they would do a reprint of Marth because of this... there goes the Marth market.

You can use Fire Emblem characters in Codename STEAM for 3DS using Amiibos. I knew that Marth would pay off! Lol

Yeah, Nintendo also said they would do a reprint of Marth because of this... there goes the Marth market.

And this is what we call...

The Marth effect !

yeeaaah.jpg

dude i've been playing it 2p... it must be easier because the bosses don't last 10 seconds even. still only part way through act 3 due to busy schedules and my gf's intensely anal desire to completely clear every new area map.

started picking up olliolli on vita again each nite to do the daily grind. usually end up w/a score of 0. such an awesome game though. stoked for pt 2. also started running through duke3d on vita (free on+ this month). didn't remember that there's only 4 enemies in the game apparently

It is really odd even if going for mass appeal. Unless we are talking 'your grandparents will play it after a round of wii bowling' mass appeal.

The fIrst act I thought maybe I was just pretty good at the game ha. Not the case. It got truly brainless by the last act. Makes me not all that enthused to play 'nightmare' 'hell' etc. But maybe those modes on 'hard' will get the loot addiction going. Loved D2.

And this is what we call...

The Marth effect !

yeeaaah.jpg

Even dumber than that pun (ha) is the fact you'll have to buy multiple Amiibos since only one Amiibo can store only one game at a time...