IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

the combat felt tighter in original sin, loved that environmental/element manipulation stuff a lot. but otherwise it was a bit of a chore, i never even finished it, they got the narrative building wrong somehow, the tl;dr wasn't really well written. it also felt very linear in how you had to approach questing due to how they leveled the enemies, which involved a lot of back and forth from what i remember.

at least from the 6 hours i played (i realized that i played this long at 4 am, good sign) the poe feels very different, you know you're into something really epic and it's all written very well, the combat is deep if not as visceral and exciting as divinity. graphic wise it feels like you're walking in a big jpeg but it's sooo beautifully drawn with great attention to detail.

Edited by eugene

Activision has resurrected the Sierra brand to publish new games: first is Geometry Wars 3, and a new King's Quest game for PS4.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/08/13/sierra-entertainment-returns-with-new-games/

Geometry Wars 3 on PS4 is great - out now, BTW.

Bloodborne is getting more and more amazing as we play it - I love the fast-paced combat and those counterattacks... so satisfying when you pull them off!

Guest kymppinetti

Pillars of Eternity is so fucking good. :cattears:

nuff said. :D

the combat felt tighter in original sin, loved that environmental/element manipulation stuff a lot. but otherwise it was a bit of a chore, i never even finished it, they got the narrative building wrong somehow, the tl;dr wasn't really well written. it also felt very linear in how you had to approach questing due to how they leveled the enemies, which involved a lot of back and forth from what i remember.

at least from the 6 hours i played (i realized that i played this long at 4 am, good sign) the poe feels very different, you know you're into something really epic and it's all written very well, the combat is deep if not as visceral and exciting as divinity. graphic wise it feels like you're walking in a big jpeg but it's sooo beautifully drawn with great attention to detail.

yeah i love the combat too. it's much more in depth than in baldur's gates, though very similar. it's like every counter is a challange, you really have to think about what to do: when to cast particular spells etc. like today, some undead pack took me 4 tries to beat them. ever more? at the end, it was epic when i saw them lying on my knees.

btw. i made an orlan barbarian lol. what kind of a adventurers you guys are playing?

Zelda Wii U delayed til 2016, skipping E3

Noooooooooooooo!

http://kotaku.com/the-legend-of-zelda-wii-u-delayed-out-of-2015-1694157642

what a bunch of bullshit.

Nintendo is headed the way of sega, we will be playing nintendo games on our ps4/ps5s as downloadables.

>.<

Made a bunch more progress in Bloodborne and I'm fucking hooked on this game... I never played DSII or Demon's Souls, but this easily trumps Dark Souls for me, and that's saying something considering I'm not even close to being done... I'm hitting a wall with a certain boss though atm, she's a real bitch, but I did discover a new weapon so now it's time to go farm some souls (I mean "blood echoes") and blood stones.

Made a bunch more progress in Bloodborne and I'm fucking hooked on this game... I never played DSII or Demon's Souls, but this easily trumps Dark Souls for me, and that's saying something considering I'm not even close to being done... I'm hitting a wall with a certain boss though atm, she's a real bitch, but I did discover a new weapon so now it's time to go farm some souls (I mean "blood echoes") and blood stones.

This.

The taste of being triumphant is too great to ignore in that game, even if you die 39838439834 times to achieve it.

fuckin yass. finished off the lost on binding of isaac. There is only one item holding me back from 100%ing this fucker, the black lotus. ive been playing for 4-500 hours and ive not seen it once.

Edited by messiaen

Guest bitroast

bloodborne is tempting me mighty fucking hard to get a ps4.

dark souls 2 i still haven't played and plan to but bloodborne just looks incredible and the changes to the gameplay mechanics / fighting etc that i've read about all seem like interesting and welcome changes that kind of address some of the problems i was having with dark souls. ie. loving the fighting mechanics but being overwhelmed by all the things to level up and weapons and magic and not really know ing much of anything as to how to best play the game but still fighting through it. i dunno, i feel like i made the game harder than it had to be because whenever i watch youtube videos or read others talk about the game i feel like i still fully haven't cracked the game fully .. but i still love playing it. a simplified / rejiggered system really interests me .. !!

just encountered an ugly reputation glitch in FO:NV that may have wrecked my 120+ hour game. I think it came from a quest given by the Powder Gangers in vault 19, it's fucked up my former Idolized rep with the NCR and now every twit is shooting at me. fah kin bollocks.

just encountered an ugly reputation glitch in FO:NV that may have wrecked my 120+ hour game. I think it came from a quest given by the Powder Gangers in vault 19, it's fucked up my former Idolized rep with the NCR and now every twit is shooting at me. fah kin bollocks.

One of my all-time faves, but I believe no game is completely glitch-free.

One one playthrough I approached that "remembrance" stone in Boulder City where the one NCR soldier was kneeling, and then two Radscorpions approach and I help him fight them off, but then he runs up to me all angry and snarled "WTF are you doing?? You're desecrating a war memorial!" Made no fuckin sense

So Bloodborne is amazing.

Way more aggressive than its predecessors, but a little more forgiving. None of the bosses I've faced so far have been too much either, I still have nightmares involving Ornstein and Smough from Dark Souls.

Edited by NorthernFusion

Still playing The Binding of Isaac as The Lost... It's driving me crazy. I managed to finish the Womb and kill Isaac, and also beat the Boss Rush. Only need to kill the corpse, Satan and The Lamb, complete the poop bombs challenge and grab all the items I haven't yet, and I'll be done

Just wait until the DLC is released and we'll see if you'll be done then :spiteful:

(I just beat the Cathedral for the first time yesterday, don't make fun of me !)

One one playthrough I approached that "remembrance" stone in Boulder City where the one NCR soldier was kneeling, and then two Radscorpions approach and I help him fight them off, but then he runs up to me all angry and snarled "WTF are you doing?? You're desecrating a war memorial!" Made no fuckin sense

I managed to fix my game using some console commands.

on a separate note, I just ran face-first into this jolly motherfucker in a cavern.

spwDYxK.jpg

I was focused on sneak one-shotting a couple of his pals some distance in front of me (YCS/186 gauss rifle + max charge ammo + maxed energy weapons skill + meltdown perk) when he blindsided me out of a tunnel on my left and murdered my ass in one hit. it was a real "clever girl" moment.

I managed to fix my game using some console commands.

on a separate note, I just ran face-first into this jolly motherfucker in a cavern.

spwDYxK.jpg

I was focused on sneak one-shotting a couple of his pals some distance in front of me (YCS/186 gauss rifle + max charge ammo + maxed energy weapons skill + meltdown perk) when he blindsided me out of a tunnel on my left and murdered my ass in one hit. it was a real "clever girl" moment.

That's the hidden spot down by the canyon right ? I managed to kill most of his friends but he scared the shit out of me too.

Only just reached the start of the second headstone of areas in Bloodborne, family suff has come up for now. But this is feeling like a gothic masterpiece. A few things I'm not too happy about but I don't want to judge them much until I finish the thing. From have completely out done themselves for atmosphere and aesthetics. I wish I was playing this on a decent sound system, the sound design is fantastic. Hearing creatures scuttle around stalking me a floor above and below me, then screaming when they find me. Fantastic macabre horror set pieces too.