IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

wasted most of my sunday but finally got platinum in rogue legacy (without using any kind of exploits!). don't know what to do with myself now... not really interested in any of the games that've come out recently. just waiting for new metal gear or tekken. guess i'll go back to playing old games ;\

And for RPG peeps, Valkyria Chronicles is £5! Definitely one of the best and most unique tactical RPGs made. No room for error, as there's no undo option should you make a wrong move.

Got a smoking deal on a ps4 yesterday (5 new games, 2 controllers + the console still in the box $400).

So for now I'm playing FF Type-0. Going to pickup bloodborne soon.

Edited by StephenG

what games? and how on earth did you manage that? that's a pretty nuts deal

Just a guy on kijiji, he said he was a recent convert to xbone =S.

The games were:

Destiny

Shadow of Mordor

Far Cry 4

Rayman Legends (not new but still)

Grand Theft Auto 5

Also there were some other games installed on there from his PS+ account. The second controller is a big bonus too, they're like $50!

Edited by StephenG

Just beat the Shadow(s) of Yarnhim boss in Bloodborne... getting more and more amazing as time goes along. Insight/Frenzy is this game's World Tendency from Demon's Souls, but better executed/thought out.

bloodborne is starting to sound pretty enticing. having skipped the souls games it maybe a good one for me to jump into. just gonna wait for $20-$30 pricepoint

*deliberately ignores Bloodborne-related posts for fear it may lead to the buying of a PS4*

One of us... one of us...

Really though, there's other games coming out that will be totally worth buying a PS4 for as well... MGSV, Arkham Knight, Silent Hills, The Division, etc..

Finally started Starcrawlers. Ignored the alpha and beta despite Kickstarting it so that it didn't spoil the experience. At the moment, it feels like an easier version of Darkest Dungeon with a cool sci-fi/cyperpunk theme which I'm fine with. The classic dungeon crawler aspect of it is really not that important as a game 'feature' since I pretty much freelook everywhere like it was an FPS. That makes it more of a turn-based FPS I suppose.

Bloodborne keeps getting more and more surreal... and some areas are pure nightmare fuel.

Remember those squid-headed like guys from Dark Souls? There's a variant in Bloodborne... more like the traditional Mind Flayers from D&D, and just as terrifying.

trying to decide between bloodborne and shadow of mordor ..

i played dark souls 2 and loved it for the first couple of days/week, until it felt like i was just wasting time doing the same thing over and over again, so i just stopped. still though, people are going nuts for bloodborne ..

i've only heard good things about shadow of mordor and im currently out of games to play so, yeah.

will i dig bloodborne if dark souls 2 annoyed the shit out of me after about a week?

finished bloodborne a few days ago, my favorite game in many many years, and i was there from when demon's souls launched in eu. also the scariest and most atmospherically oppressive setting i've seen in a videogame, an incredible realization of hp lovecraft's philosophies on horror. for me, it's not right to focus on it merely being a "hard game", because the difficulty feels like an organic consequence of the narrative/setting.

finished bloodborne a few days ago, my favorite game in many many years, and i was there from when demon's souls launched in eu. also the scariest and most atmospherically oppressive setting i've seen in a videogame, an incredible realization of hp lovecraft's philosophies on horror. for me, it's not right to focus on it merely being a "hard game", because the difficulty feels like an organic consequence of the narrative/setting.

How many hours did it end up taking you?

I jumped on an Amazon deal for a PS4/Bloodborne/Last of Us/$20 gift card....all for $400. It was too good of a deal to pass up. If anyone else is on the fence about upgrading to PS4 for Bloodborne at the moment like I was.

How many hours did it end up taking you?

not really sure, about 40-50~? i missed a lot of extra stuff and didn't do a lot with the chalices, saving that for the next playthrough/NG+.

interesting selection of plus games this month. probably stuff i'd never pay for but will check out now. specifically tower of guns, never alone, aaru's awakening, and killzone merc

full list: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/03/31/ps-plus-free-games-for-april-2015/

I jumped on an Amazon deal for a PS4/Bloodborne/Last of Us/$20 gift card....all for $400. It was too good of a deal to pass up. If anyone else is on the fence about upgrading to PS4 for Bloodborne at the moment like I was.

That's an amazing deal! Is it expired, or still going on (I couldn't find it) - provide a link for folks!