IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest kymppinetti

are you talking about Fallout 3? because I don't agree that it was "just ok" at all.

that's fine with me. :) i grew up playing 1 and 2. that kind of explain my view.

Fawkes was awesome, his voice actor reminded me of the fat orange guy from Grim Fandango. It gave me the warm fuzzies.

Also: Send help, I can't stop playing Payday 2, my legs have atrophied

Did you know you can play as John Wick?

http://youtu.be/f8ZMDfO88Xs

Who's John Wick? Looked more like Keanu Reeves to me

John Wick is the main character in a new movie by the same name, he's played by Keanu

By the way, I really like the music in that gameplay video.

Yes, music is really great. The last like 50 seconds of the video is pretty amazing.

Also, cinematics in dialogue scenes looks really improved. The awful facial animations was probably the worst thing about Fallout 3, so it's nice it won't be issue this time around.

We're not talking L.A. Noire levels of facial animations of course, but I think it looks decent.

well it was decent i guess, but a huge let down. i love bethesda and their ES series. and yes i know that the studio spended countless of hours to develop comeback for the fallout, but in the end the game was just ok. like it was made by some cheap game studio. they could have created something really great, the game only touched the surface of bethesda potential. lol like i know something about making games.

How much did you play of it? - Honestly I find hard to imagine you wouldn't find any sort of enjoyment out of it if giving it a proper chance. The start of the game is a bit slow and boring, but once you leave the vault, it really opens up and is amazing on every level, just the sheer amount of exploration in that game.

And just that whole moment when you leave the vault, that's one of those gaming moment that's pretty spectacular and unforgettable and has kind of stuck with me.

Edited by Npoess

are you talking about Fallout 3? because I don't agree that it was "just ok" at all.

that's fine with me. :) i grew up playing 1 and 2. that kind of explain my view.

that alone explains your view? fallout 1 and 2 are two of my all time favourites (well, 2 is anyway) and i was a total black isle fanboy back in the day, but i still loved fallout 3 and new vegas.

also, why would they release a fallout 4 gameplay video of you leaving the vault for the first time? spoiling one of the most fun / interesting moments in any fallout game. i know i don't have to watch it but damn, i just don't have that sorta self control.

Edited by data

never got into fallout 3, it felts short, very "on rails", it never felt like an open world game. new vegas on the other hand is a completely different story, that was the proper sequel to fallout 2 to me.

How dated is Fallout 3 now? Never actually played it.

Not too bad at all. The shooting is pretty lackluster if you don't use the VATS-thing but as an RPG it's still pretty excellent. The environments are a bit samey though.

How dated is Fallout 3 now? Never actually played it.

Still fun as hell. if you haven't tried it, it's certainly worth a playthrough or three.

never got into fallout 3, it felts short, very "on rails", it never felt like an open world game. new vegas on the other hand is a completely different story, that was the proper sequel to fallout 2 to me.

I dunno, I got lost for ages, exploring all kinds of ruins and stuff before realising I was meant to go somewhere in particular. There are rails for sure, but I don't think I was ever forced to abide by them. Then again, that speak volumes about myself than the game.

If I had a major crit, it was the level 20 cap, where I still had a huge amount of the map to explore but had hit the top, and playing any further without getting any more levels felt kinda pointless to me.

Edited by Bechuga

I dunno, I got lost for ages, exploring all kinds of ruins and stuff before realising I was meant to go somewhere in particular. There are rails for sure, but I don't think I was ever forced to abide by them. Then again, that speak volumes about myself than the game.

If I had a major crit, it was the level 20 cap, where I still had a huge amount of the map to explore but had hit the top, and playing any further without getting any more levels felt kinda pointless to me.

you get 10 more levels with the DLC iirc

you get 10 more levels with the DLC iirc

Yeah, more DLC gatekeepery. I don't really get annoyed by DLC stuff but that one felt kinda annoying. I mean, you're not even downloading anything extra, just the ability to go to level 30. Shady imo.

I'll be getting a PS4 for Fallout, I've wanted one for a while but never had the voice in the head saying "you should get one now for this game". I can't say I think it'll be the most amazing game in the world but shit, I reckon I'll love it.

I know there's probably a selection of other games which are well worth having the PS4 for but this just tips the boat.

Just go left as soon as you leave the vault. Makes for a fun and interesting "off the rails" experience.

That's pretty much what I did, although not intentionally.

Yeah, more DLC gatekeepery. I don't really get annoyed by DLC stuff but that one felt kinda annoying. I mean, you're not even downloading anything extra, just the ability to go to level 30. Shady imo.

It's why I always wait for a couple of years and get the 'ultimate' version of the game with all the DLC thrown in, at about a quarter of the price of the original release RRP :biggrin:

tekken finals at evo were pretty good.

jp vs jp grand finals. ao takes his losses really seriously. good to see mr naps make top 8 representing us against korea and japan

capcom held a panel for sf5 today. seems they're doing a complete 180 regarding their dlc model. game will launch w/16 characters but will constantly be patched adding new characters/stages, all of which can be earned by playing the game and earning "fight money." of course you'll have the option to speed up the process by buying the added content outright for real money

Guest Enter a new display name

tekken finals at evo were pretty good.

jp vs jp grand finals. ao takes his losses really seriously. good to see mr naps make top 8 representing us against korea and japan

capcom held a panel for sf5 today. seems they're doing a complete 180 regarding their dlc model. game will launch w/16 characters but will constantly be patched adding new characters/stages, all of which can be earned by playing the game and earning "fight money." of course you'll have the option to speed up the process by buying the added content outright for real money

Capcom will eventually fuck it up despite the free DLC announcement. Just wait and watch.

also, why would they release a fallout 4 gameplay video of you leaving the vault for the first time? spoiling one of the most fun / interesting moments in any fallout game. i know i don't have to watch it but damn, i just don't have that sorta self control.

Modern trailers have to ruin and spoil everything today it seems, but it is probably hard making that moment a secret and a big surprising thing, since we all know there's going happen. But it annoying nonetheless.

I wish I had to ability to media blackout on things I'm excited for, nothing better than playing something where you literally don't know what to expect.

Edited by Npoess

Played a bunch of The Witcher 3 yesterday. That 7 gb update sure did its thing. The framerate seems better and the inventory is faster and easier to use.

Also, did the update do something to the amount of XP you receive? I leveled up a whole bunch yesterday during only a couple of missions.

Guest kymppinetti

well it was decent i guess, but a huge let down. i love bethesda and their ES series. and yes i know that the studio spended countless of hours to develop comeback for the fallout, but in the end the game was just ok. like it was made by some cheap game studio. they could have created something really great, the game only touched the surface of bethesda potential. lol like i know something about making games.

How much did you play of it? - Honestly I find hard to imagine you wouldn't find any sort of enjoyment out of it if giving it a proper chance. The start of the game is a bit slow and boring, but once you leave the vault, it really opens up and is amazing on every level, just the sheer amount of exploration in that game.

And just that whole moment when you leave the vault, that's one of those gaming moment that's pretty spectacular and unforgettable and has kind of stuck with me.

i think two weeks through on the first playthrough and a week on a second. so i gave it two chances haha. i had the goty versio of it, though never tried those dlcs. just played the base game. fallout 3 have a slow start? dude you haven't seen anything. imo the game set you up quite fast.

that alone explains your view? fallout 1 and 2 are two of my all time favourites (well, 2 is anyway) and i was a total black isle fanboy back in the day, but i still loved fallout 3 and new vegas.

i guess you're more open than i am. i just don't like the fact that bethesda made fallout a mindless fps with a lousy guests. they could have done a great rpg. i saw fallout 3 as a mod for oblivion.

ofc. there might be some nostalgic yearning for the old fallouts and black isle on my side, and the 'golden era of crpgs'. but yeah new vegas is good, the mood it much different in it than in 3. shame i've played it so little.

Pulling off heists involving multiple bags of meth + breaking into bank vaults for gold with this terrifying man

2015-07-18_00003.jpg

People run for their lives, but not the guns 8)

PUT ALL THE POCKY IN THE BAG OR THE PIKACHU GETS IT, CAPICE CASHIER-KUN?!

When I get a bit more money + parts, I plan to modify the mask so it's even more hideous. Then my reign of terror will begin for real... :diablo:

finally got online with rocket league, thought i'll have a couple of games before going to sleep - played for 5 hours straight and really need to take a shower now. this shit is the shit you guys.

Edited by eugene