IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

R-Type. Still a pretty amazing game today.

The recently-released one, or the classic?

for fighting game fans - new samurai shodown trailer

I'm looking forward to this - always thought the Sumi-e brush art that Street Fighter 4 had would be perfect for a SamSho game, and lo and behold...

R-Type. Still a pretty amazing game today.

The recently-released one, or the classic?

MAME, baby! I didn't know there was a recently released one on the Switch, looks pretty.

I'm going to buy a switch when my tax return arrives, I can't wait. Also Sekiro is beating me senseless, but it's so satisfying when something goes well.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/03/rumour_nintendo_is_releasing_two_new_versions_of_switch_this_year

Just rumors at this point but might be worth waiting a little bit to buy a Switch (just to see how these options shake out). . . 

Managed to beat horsey dude and butterfly lady so the game is opening up a lot more now.

Ugh, Lady Butterfly is giving me hell.... I've heard that fight is actually supposed to be more of a mid-game thing you come back to? Seems a lot of people are championing through it, her second phase gets me everytime, it's that damn homing magic attack she does while I'm rushing her.

so found owl daddy at the estate, without giving to much away -- his directions lead to the drunkard boss right? im was exploring trying to find the cemetery but just did a loop around after fighting two spear dudes ... and also the dudes i could eavesdrop where horseback boss is are not there anymore! so i can't remember the hint! -- im just not not how ill beat horsey guy -- freaking jump scared me the first time i dropped down to that battle field -- was like "this is a boss fight, for sure" and then boom outta nowhere! lol

Managed to beat horsey dude and butterfly lady so the game is opening up a lot more now.

Ugh, Lady Butterfly is giving me hell.... I've heard that fight is actually supposed to be more of a mid-game thing you come back to? Seems a lot of people are championing through it, her second phase gets me everytime, it's that damn homing magic attack she does while I'm rushing her.

so found owl daddy at the estate, without giving to much away -- his directions lead to the drunkard boss right? im was exploring trying to find the cemetery but just did a loop around after fighting two spear dudes ... and also the dudes i could eavesdrop where horseback boss is are not there anymore! so i can't remember the hint! -- im just not not how ill beat horsey guy -- freaking jump scared me the first time i dropped down to that battle field -- was like "this is a boss fight, for sure" and then boom outta nowhere! lol

i think you were pretty much in the right direction, if you found the 2 dudes with spears. i only found that area yesterday and it seems to be a secret detour i think, that's very close to where you were meant to be going i think. 

i’m losing my shit at how good the art is and level design and just how cool everything is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark.

i wanna visit Ancient Japan !!!!!

Edited by bitchroast

sekiro vaguely reminding me of Ratchet and clank games on ps2.
hopping in space ship and tooting from different colored level to different colored level, getting new weapons and upgrades for your wrench, jumping around and hookshotting onto those flying green orbs.

there’s something about sekiro that’s making me nostalgic for ps2 era action platformers. nier automata also has very strong ps2 nostalgia going for it.

but then also obviously, getting throwback vibes to games set in japan like shinobi on sega, the arcade kid nikki game.. legend of kage. bit of super mario bros 1 where you fight king koopa (mario is set in fantasy mushroom land but it’s still oozing with japanese iconology a bit, if you really look at it with certain perspective..).

not sure what this rambling has to do with anything but i think my point is... >>of course<< fromsoft doing ancient japan videogame is going to be cool as shit. 

Edited by bitchroast

i’m losing my shit at how good the art is and level design and just how cool everything is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark.

i wanna visit Ancient Japan !!!!!

Seriously, just lovely everywhere. Levels and just all the small details all around, really gorgeous and well done. Makes all the slow sneaking and such all the better with such a well done world. 

And the story is pretty rich and seems to be a bit different and more involved, curious where it's all going. Gameplay is punishing and a bit silly in small ways but overall enjoyable, it all is an interesting balance of things. Well done game so far no doubt. Loving it :)

im just not not how ill beat horsey guy -- freaking jump scared me the first time i dropped down to that battle field -- was like "this is a boss fight, for sure" and then boom outta nowhere! lol

MY NAME IS GYOUBU MISATAKA ONIWA!!!! ... the way that dude rides in is so badass, good fight.

im just not not how ill beat horsey guy -- freaking jump scared me the first time i dropped down to that battle field -- was like "this is a boss fight, for sure" and then boom outta nowhere! lol

MY NAME IS GYOUBU MISATAKA ONIWA!!!! ... the way that dude rides in is so badass, good fight.

its a hell of an entrance!

it's cool how boss fights blend more with the environment of the game as opposed to souls games where a boss fight felt more of a separate thing and u could tell it was about to happen.

^ I saw a brief gameplay demo of that. What stood out the most for me was the reflection of the glass, which was graphically up to par with today's standards.

Some good news for the game industry; Bethesda are bringing their upcoming titles such as Rage 2, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, and Doom Eternal to Steam, and Fallout 76 later on: https://thenextweb.com/gaming/2019/03/26/bethesdas-games-steam-epic-conflict/

I think this is a smart PR move on their part, given how brazen Epic are this year in expanding their business empire, even though their game launcher is objectively inferior to Steam and is technically spyware. So this is a big, much needed middle finger to Epic. Plus Bethesda can use this opportunity to redeem themselves after the Fallout 76...um...fallout.

^ I saw a brief gameplay demo of that. What stood out the most for me was the reflection of the glass, which was graphically up to par with today's standards.

Some good news for the game industry; Bethesda are bringing their upcoming titles such as Rage 2, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, and Doom Eternal to Steam, and Fallout 76 later on: https://thenextweb.com/gaming/2019/03/26/bethesdas-games-steam-epic-conflict/

I think this is a smart PR move on their part, given how brazen Epic are this year in expanding their business empire, even though their game launcher is objectively inferior to Steam and is technically spyware. So this is a big, much needed middle finger to Epic. Plus Bethesda can use this opportunity to redeem themselves after the Fallout 76...um...fallout.

Yeah, there's the Q2VKPT build that the researcher has been working on, and then there's the build that is based on that which Nvidia have also been working on and adding more stuff to — I think this is the one that most people are seeing at the moment. This is the one that I am looking forward to playing with. The Q2VKPT build is alright, but the Nvidia one is much more impressive.

With regard to the Epic Games Store debacle, I'm most definitely not buying anything on that shite, and it's really disappointing that Control is going to be a year long exclusive on there...I was really looking forward to that. It's okay though in the long run, because if I can wait a year to play the game, it means I can also wait for the sale so I won't even be paying full price for it. Fuck you Epic Games.