IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

mortal kombat 11 fuckin hell, i havent' been this HYPE for a game since mortal kombat 10 wich was a total disappointment compared to mk 9 but the beta gave me high hopes

i just love playing this game online, when you finally beat all those screaming kids who only pick scorpion, i tell you, that gives any man a boner rushsh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRL0fy3YkSg

I haven't played Mortal Kombat since II, but this does look awesome. Will I be totally overwhelmed, or is it possibly to get back in it for 11? I will not play online, just solo and with friends at home.

Dude get this game, it's overwhelming but the fighting mechanics are pretty simple and fun. There is so much for a solo player to do by the time you did it all you are already going to be online kicking peoples butts, i promise

mortal kombat 11 fuckin hell, i havent' been this HYPE for a game since mortal kombat 10 wich was a total disappointment compared to mk 9 but the beta gave me high hopes

i just love playing this game online, when you finally beat all those screaming kids who only pick scorpion, i tell you, that gives any man a boner rushsh

I haven't played Mortal Kombat since II, but this does look awesome. Will I be totally overwhelmed, or is it possibly to get back in it for 11? I will not play online, just solo and with friends at home.

Dude get this game, it's overwhelming but the fighting mechanics are pretty simple and fun. There is so much for a solo player to do by the time you did it all you are already going to be online kicking peoples butts, i promise

2nd'd - I took a loooong hiatus but the mechanics for this one (which I'm sure will be heldover from the last one) are beautiful evolution of the "feel" of OG MK. It's like they took all the best stuff from the originals, added the sort of depth that you'd really want in a modern fighter but kept it straightforward enough for people to pick up easily. Tons to do, brutal, violent but overall just FUN MK badassnessss

I'll pick this one up only if NetherRealm fixed the cheap input reading AI they put into Injustice 2, the AI would occasionally enter "god mode" where you could not hit it. Made it pretty bs on higher difficulties.

How many people are here that are playing tetris 99? i'm trying to find the perfect controller to use. i know the pro controller has a fucked up d pad so that's a no no. lot of people just saying, use the joycons, but the buttons are so small.

i found this THANG https://www.amazon.ca/Mayflash-Magic-NS-Wireless-Controller-Nintendo/dp/B079B5KHWQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ye1JtMhC7E

looks fun to be able to play switch with an xbox controller or ps3/4 whatever

i'm thinking the ps controller with the seperate directional buttons but the more ergonomic design would work perfect for tetris.

Edited by yek

How many people are here that are playing tetris 99? i'm trying to find the perfect controller to use. i know the pro controller has a fucked up d pad so that's a no no. lot of people just saying, use the joycons, but the buttons are so small.

i found this THANG https://www.amazon.ca/Mayflash-Magic-NS-Wireless-Controller-Nintendo/dp/B079B5KHWQ

i'm thinking the ps controller with the seperate directional buttons but the more ergonomic design would work perfect for tetris.

You either get used to the odd d-pad implementation on the JoyCon, or go with the BT adapter and PS4 controller. I can tell you from experience the d-pad on the PS4 controller works great for The Tetris Effect.

i found this THANG https://www.amazon.ca/Mayflash-Magic-NS-Wireless-Controller-Nintendo/dp/B079B5KHWQ

You either get used to the odd d-pad implementation on the JoyCon, or go with the BT adapter and PS4 controller. I can tell you from experience the d-pad on the PS4 controller works great for The Tetris Effect.

Thanks Joyrex, I think I'll try a ps controller!

i found this THANG https://www.amazon.ca/Mayflash-Magic-NS-Wireless-Controller-Nintendo/dp/B079B5KHWQ

Thanks Joyrex, I think I'll try a ps controller!

This one might be better (and cheaper): https://www.amazon.ca/8Bitdo-Wireless-Bluetooth-Nintendo-Raspberry/dp/B0786JC6VW

Actually, this might be the perfect solution (if you don't mind spending a bit more): https://www.amazon.ca/8Bitdo-Sn30-Bluetooth-Gamepad-Classic/dp/B07GKLG3ZP

I have one very similar made by the same company (mine looks like a classic US NES controller, with extra analogue sticks, shoulder buttons, etc.), and it's a great and comfortable little controller.

Wooo!!!!

I got a USB controller in the mail today - so I wound up hopping on Steam and snagged Deathsmiles, DDP Resurrection and Mushihimesama... 

GAME. FUCKING. ON. BITCHES!!!

=D

Wooo!!!!

I got a USB controller in the mail today - so I wound up hopping on Steam and snagged Deathsmiles, DDP Resurrection and Mushihimesama... 

=D

Hah, nice! I've been playing Deathsmiles in MAME, so fun.

Wooo!!!!

=D

Hah, nice! I've been playing Deathsmiles in MAME, so fun.

=D

It's upsetting that they're not bringing any other titles over to the PC any time soon. 

But these 3 will definitely hold me over when I'm craving some Cave and can't make it over to my wife's nephew's place. 

=P

As for Deathsmiles, I previously only had it on my iPhone... but playing with a controller is so freaking smooth. I love it. 

I see now why people were saying that it wasn't a good choice to port over to the touchscreen. 

Risk of Rain 2 is awesome really. Didn't expect the game to be that good already.

But as a fan of the first episode,

I'm kind of saddened by the fact that it's just an endless loop of stages without a final stage / final boss... hope that's something they'll put later in their development process !

Risk of Rain 2 is awesome really. Didn't expect the game to be that good already.

I'm kind of saddened by the fact that it's just an endless loop of stages without a final stage / final boss... hope that's something they'll put later in their development process !

Wow, this looks pretty cool...

I hate to admit it, but I've never played a 3D rogue-like before... 

I'll have to check it out sometime this summer when I should have more time to play some newer games.

=D

Wow, this looks pretty cool...

I hate to admit it, but I've never played a 3D rogue-like before... 

I'll have to check it out sometime this summer when I should have more time to play some newer games.

=D

I've already put more than 20 hours into RoR 2 since its release on Steam. In fact I just unlocked the Artificer last night.

I've been playing it for up to an hour after work the last few nights. What I like about it is that it challenges you, but there's no obligation of long-term commitment, much like arcades. And every item and power-up you get is shuffled with each playthrough.

Yeah, no traditional final boss (yet) like Providence from the first game. But then again it is still early access, though the game seems to be a huge success regardless. Plus we'll have another 4 Survivors to unlock once the game is complete...one of which I can almost guarantee will be the Bandit.

its meant to be even harder, with the introduction of 4 different dodge/deflect buttons instead of just 1 dodge,1 deflect, so expect a real fucking slog of a game.

its meant to be even harder, with the introduction of 4 different dodge/deflect buttons instead of just 1 dodge,1 deflect, so expect a real fucking slog of a game.

there’s 4 what ???

i got up to .. a certain boss in the game. probably feels about mid point in game or a bit after, and spent a week on it before realising i was only using l1 to shield and parry, when using r1 is just a billion times more effective at doing the same thing. so there is the matter of timing and responding to enemy movements, but there was a degree of “oh shit i can just go full offensive on the r1 and try to time and line up attacks to get the deflects!!!”. all of a sudden much easier.

i feel like with souls games. a lot of the difficulty comes in things not being properly explained or pointed out and made obvious.. and for the most part this game is doing a good job on eliminating that and brings understanding of mechanics a bit more to forefront.

i’ve been enjoying it, but also obviously that is coming from a position of having played and loved all the souls games, so. not entirely relevant to question :3 lol

Edited by bitchroast

Yeah there is very much one correct way to play the game and it becomes so much easier once you realise it. Plus knowing how to thrust attack deflect and do posture damage to sweep attacks, it's actually kind of an easy game (I say this being stuck on one of the end-game bosses). But yeah it doesn't make a lot of this immediately obvious (the loading screen has some tips I suppose).

But yeah whatever you do don't play it like a Soulsbourne it will actively punish you for it.