IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Kojima Productions has announced that previously exclusive PS4 game, Death Stranding, is coming also to PC in Summer 2020.

I find it curious just before release (it comes out next month) they announce this - surely it will make a dent in PS4 sales for those who would prefer a PC version, or those considering a PS4/Pro purchase for the game. Then again, perhaps the PS5's holiday 2020 announcement cannibalized potential PS4/Pro sales (I mean really - who is going to buy a PS4/Pro now with the PS5 a year away?), and they figure they'll make money either way.

The pessimist in me wonders if the game isn't testing well, and Kojima Productions opted to boost sales by announcing the PC version ahead of a potentially lacklustre PS4 launch/reception...

31 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Kojima Productions has announced that previously exclusive PS4 game, Death Stranding, is coming also to PC in Summer 2020.

I find it curious just before release (it comes out next month) they announce this - surely it will make a dent in PS4 sales for those who would prefer a PC version, or those considering a PS4/Pro purchase for the game. Then again, perhaps the PS5's holiday 2020 announcement cannibalized potential PS4/Pro sales (I mean really - who is going to buy a PS4/Pro now with the PS5 a year away?), and they figure they'll make money either way.

The pessimist in me wonders if the game isn't testing well, and Kojima Productions opted to boost sales by announcing the PC version ahead of a potentially lacklustre PS4 launch/reception...

I don't think it'll make a difference — as with any fanaticism, Kojima fans will likely double dip anyways (if they have a PC and a PS4). I reckon the amount of newcomers to Kojima stuff will be minimal at best.

However, if he were to announce Google Stadia release I'm very sure that would change the tide. Very sure.

1 minute ago, oscillik said:

Also it looks like it's going to be Epic Games Store exclusive.

LOL.

LOL indeed - that basically just drove any potential PC sales back to PS4/Pro :dadjoke:

I played GTA 5 with my girlfriend yesterday, and it's super fun to play with someone that doesn't play games regularly. They have such a different way of seeing how to interact with the world. At any rate, I hadn't tried GTA Online yet, so I'm having fun with that right now.

She also started a new game of Red Dead 2 on my machine, and I'm wondering if she'll ever finish it.

10 hours ago, onecaseman said:

I "beat" No Man's Sky, or at least two of the three things to beat. Now I'm trying to get to the center of the galaxy, and I don't think I'm doing it well. 

Last time I tried to beat The Awakening path the game crashed lol. But that was before the current Beyond build.

8 hours ago, Braintree said:

I played GTA 5 with my girlfriend yesterday, and it's super fun to play with someone that doesn't play games regularly. They have such a different way of seeing how to interact with the world. At any rate, I hadn't tried GTA Online yet, so I'm having fun with that right now.

She also started a new game of Red Dead 2 on my machine, and I'm wondering if she'll ever finish it.

GTA 5 is huge. Never did finish it...got about two-thirds thru the campaign, but that was four years ago.

18 hours ago, ambergonk said:

Last time I tried to beat The Awakening path the game crashed lol. But that was before the current Beyond build.

GTA 5 is huge. Never did finish it...got about two-thirds thru the campaign, but that was four years ago.

It's long as fuuuuuck. Apparently there are even some more Trevor missions after you finish the actual game. By that point I was sick of it so just moved on to a different game.

15 hours ago, sunshine recorder said:

the outer worlds is awesome,proper rpg hooks in me right now,gotta be a goty contender

Will probably play it eventually. Might either get for Win 10 from the XBOX store or wait for it to release on Nintendo Switch and buy both. But I've already made clear my attitude towards the Epic Games Store.

4 hours ago, Braintree said:

It's long as fuuuuuck. Apparently there are even some more Trevor missions after you finish the actual game. By that point I was sick of it so just moved on to a different game.

Trevor deserves his own standalone game. He's such a crazy, fearless motherfucker.

shadowrun01.png

This Genesis is the best thing I've pulled out of the trash in quite a while.  I never had a Genesis as a kid and it never really clicked with me (probably because my friend who had an SNES was into JRPGs and those are long but still pretty accessible, whereas my friend who had a Genesis played a lot of Strider and that takes some practice and my roommate who was in to emulating Genesis a few years back mostly played Toki for some reason) but I'm loving it now.

I actually got an XBox 360 out of the trash recently, too, and it's also more fun than I expected but it's no Genesis. At some point I'm going to install a modchip so I can run MAME on it or something. I mean sure, anything I could do on the 360 I could do easier and better on a PC but sometimes I kind of like how compartmentalized consoles are.

Edited by TubularCorporation

22 hours ago, very honest said:

apparently kojima cuts the trailers himself. this is the big "launch trailer"

I think he fancies himself a movie director, but can't get the funding to make movies, so video games are his medium of choice.

14 hours ago, TubularCorporation said:

shadowrun01.png

This Genesis is the best thing I've pulled out of the trash in quite a while.  I never had a Genesis as a kid and it never really clicked with me (probably because my friend who had an SNES was into JRPGs and those are long but still pretty accessible, whereas my friend who had a Genesis played a lot of Strider and that takes some practice and my roommate who was in to emulating Genesis a few years back mostly played Toki for some reason) but I'm loving it now.

I actually got an XBox 360 out of the trash recently, too, and it's also more fun than I expected but it's no Genesis. At some point I'm going to install a modchip so I can run MAME on it or something. I mean sure, anything I could do on the 360 I could do easier and better on a PC but sometimes I kind of like how compartmentalized consoles are.

You have some interesting trash in your area - really surprised a Genesis console would show up this many years later.

2 minutes ago, splbt said:

just bought tekken as my first fighting game ever as i was thirsty for some ps4 pvp action. gonna get my ass kicked so bad it's not even funny.

Tekken 7?

Hoo boy, what a first fighting game to start with!

If you see any usernames with Korean characters, run. Just. run.

Death Stranding review embargo is tomorrow. Pretty exciting. I'm guessing it'll receive a fair amount of negative reviews and a couple of 10/10s which means it's a masterpiece.

26 minutes ago, Squee said:

Death Stranding review embargo is tomorrow. Pretty exciting. I'm guessing it'll receive a fair amount of negative reviews and a couple of 10/10s which means it's a masterpiece.

Yeah, I fully expect it to be a beautiful disaster. That, or Kojima's magnum opus, free of any limits Konami imposed on him previously.